QB options

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Meanwhile....
Palmer may be the best QB in the league right now....or at least playing the best.
It is distressing to think how much better Gabbart looked vs. Atlanta than Foles has in weeks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yep. The fact that I'm begging for Mannion should tell you how desperate I am. ;)
Mannion's not the answer right now.
Keenum has been there and done that. We need experience and confidence.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The Rams need to go after a real QB either from the draft by trading up or through FA. The clock is ticking. Until them Keenum and Mannion need to be starting.

jjab360

Legend
The good news is, Fisher is stubborn. He'll stick with Foles to the end. Which means we'll have a higher draft pick and might find a quarterback good enough to give a shot to.
The bad news is, Fisher is stubborn. We'll have a high draft pick and be in position to pick a promising, young QB... and we'll draft a DE and stick with Foles for the foreseeable future.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
jrry - is that you?

I know you probably still don't think that much of Mannion and even I didn't want to see him behind center this season but I have to say that I'm ready after what I saw today. That was inaccuracy, the consistency of which, I can't recall.

I'm not one for benching a player because he had a bad game or two but this is something that is hard to ignore. I was at the Seattle game and though Foles had some good passes, he was off most of the game in that one too. The pass to Kendricks was like a slow motion play. If Kendricks isn't open by 15 yards on that play, that pass would be easily defensed. In fact, if the DB doesn't fall down, there is no chance it is a completion.

Foles had 200 yards (exactly) for the first time since week one. There is no way in hell our receivers are that bad.

Mannion couldn't be any less accurate than Foles. Heck, an epileptic kid with Down Syndrome and Parkinson's couldn't be any less accurate.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
All the more reason to give Mannion some time with the scout team at the very least...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion's not the answer right now.
Keenum has been there and done that. We need experience and confidence.

That's the problem with Keenum. We know who he is. He's had a few shots. We have to figure out what Mannion is capable of.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Sucking for Goff or Lynch is our only option now.
Don't sleep on Cook or Hackenberg...I think there are 2 or 3 capables out there too....Can't think of their names....NC State guy....Cinnci guy....dude named Wentz?.....Nothing is as poor or could be worse than this...PA passes with Gurley? And can't connect? that first play vs Minn was all I needed....they put 2 ex-QB's in the booth for a reason....they were shocked, mortified by Foles play....

Careful I reccomended this last week and it irks people but I agree
Mannion...MANNION....MANNION....I said the same thing....lets see if he can play...he was phenomenal when he had a line and Cook to throw too....just maybe Snisher can restore some lost faith....:mrburnsevil:

How bad must Keenum look in practice??!
Keenum would like to say...not that bad...his play in actual games isn't that bad either...I just don't know about his deep ball....no way to stretch the field..the box will remain stacked....

Yep. The fact that I'm begging for Mannion should tell you how desperate I am. ;)
I'm bringing jrry around to the darkside:sneaky::yess:...I'm still praying...PRAYING for Goff:yess:....But maybe Mannion IS a true NFL QB and can be a backup....a bridge for Goff/Cook....Foles lost all that today...he's not even a good backup QB...he misses throws a HS QB can make....and he can't run either....I'm more of a get a backup that could scramble if the play breaks down....He can't ...and he can't throw...looks scared to me...:shocked:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
There is no indication that Mannion is ready to start in the NFL after what we saw in the pre-season. No sense throwing him behind this o-line now and getting him killed. The o-line was bad before losing Saffold and Brown for the season. Now we're down those two as well as Havenstein who is nursing a calf injury. Playing Mannion would be the perfect way to kill the development of a guy we specifically drafted to be a developmental QB.

Kennum has looked pretty decent when he has started in this league. Better than Foles is looking now, easily. The Rams should go with him. Not Mannion.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's the problem with Keenum. We know who he is. He's had a few shots. We have to figure out what Mannion is capable of.
I agree, but not at the expense of wins. Mannion simply isn't ready yet. Keenum has won at this level, and he brings a ton of confidence.
Besides, there's no way in hell Fisher goes past Keenum to Mannion even if he does bench Foles.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm bringing jrry around to the darkside:sneaky::yess:...I'm still praying...PRAYING for Goff:yess:....But maybe Mannion IS a true NFL QB and can be a backup....a bridge for Goff/Cook....Foles lost all that today...he's not even a good backup QB...he misses throws a HS QB can make....and he can't run either....I'm more of a get a backup that could scramble if the play breaks down....He can't ...and he can't throw...looks scared to me...:shocked:

Eh, I'm just desperate to get Foles off the field. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree, but not at the expense of wins. Mannion simply isn't ready yet. Keenum has won at this level, and he brings a ton of confidence.
Besides, there's no way in hell Fisher goes past Keenum to Mannion even if he does bench Foles.

I guess I'm just feeling like we aren't going to make it so it's worth seeing what Mannion can do. I don't want him to play a couple games near the end of the year and trick us into thinking he's gold when he's fool's gold. I think 7 games gives us a better sample size. I know I'm dreaming right now...but I'm fed up. I've had enough of Foles.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
There is no indication that Mannion is ready to start in the NFL after what we saw in the pre-season. No sense throwing him behind this o-line now and getting him killed. The o-line was bad before losing Saffold and Brown for the season. Now we're down those two as well as Havenstein who is nursing a calf injury. Playing Mannion would be the perfect way to kill the development of a guy we specifically drafted to be a developmental QB.

Kennum has looked pretty decent when he has started in this league. Better than Foles is looking now, easily. The Rams should go with him. Not Mannion.
Nothing indicates files is ready either

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
So you guys that have studied foles.....has he always been this bad? From memory, I can't remember a time he's looked this terrible. Is Jeff Garcia, Chris Weinke, and Cigs ruining him?