Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Fun show.

Neville vs Jericho - Best Neville match since his WWE debut, it's amazing that if you give him time, rather than a 2 minute throw away match on Raw, he can put on a really good match. Who'd of thought it? (anyone who watches NXT).

Brock vs Kofi - I don't see the point in the match, but Brock in beast mode is just fun to watch.

Balor vs Owens - Great match, Owens is one of the most natural heels ever, that flower throw and "I don't care, I hate this stupid country and everyone in it" :love:.

Cena and Ziggler vs Kane and Barrett - WWE reminds us that no matter how much good they do they're still willing to turn around and shit all over it for Cena. Why the fuck wasn't Balor Owens the main event?

Last edited:

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Fun show.

Neville vs Jericho - Best Neville match since his WWE debut, it's amazing that if you give him time, rather than a 2 minute throw away match on Raw, he can put on a really good match. Who'd of thought it? (anyone who watches NXT).

Brock vs Kofi - I don't see the point in the match, but Brock in beast mode is just fun to watch.

Balor vs Owens - Great match, Owens is one of the most natural heels ever, that flower throw and "I don't care, I hate this stupid country and everyone in it" :love:.

Cena and Ziggler vs Kane and Barrett - WWE reminds us that no matter how much good they do they're still willing to turn around and crap all over it for Cena. Why the freak wasn't Balor Owens the main event?

Definitely agree. It was weird that all the good matches were in the first hour. Pretty good show, better than the Raws we have been getting. Love when Owens threw the flowers down on the ground.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

LOL.

Kofi? Couldn't they have him fight Bray Wyatt or even Kane or Big Show for storyline progression. We know Brock destroys everyone, so having him squash Kofi has what point exactly?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And on Raw they sucked the momentum out of Kevin Owens win. They could've hyped the next match more, but no it turned into a John Cena motivational segment we've seen over and over again. I don't mind John Cena the wrestler, John Cena the character is beyond annoying.

It also made KO look like a coward. I was hoping WWE would make him a unstoppable badass like Brock Lesnar, but no. Generic heel with generic heel actions.

BTW the Authority is really annoying. I really hope Seth Rollins is on his own now, b/c the 3 way feud with the Shield guys is fun.

Maybe I have not been watching long enough to get tired of him but I like Cenas character. It just seems like a trendy thing to hate on him.

I don't buy Kevin Owens as a superhero either. He does not have the personality or the look. Plus he looks a bit dumpy. He really needs a gimmick IMO as is he is not a strong personality, just a brash little boy. I think this whole attack on Cena was played all wrong. There was no build up to it and it really was not believable.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
WWE is lacking in the badass good guy dept. Ambrose is trying his best but he is not tough enough looking. Reigns lacks personality. They did well to make Rollins the heel because he has more personality.

I miss Stone Cold vs Vince.

They don't take storyline suggestions on their site. I had some good ones 6 months ago. My kid would have loved it.

I really liked 'Bad News Barrett' but they must have run out of material. They missed the boat on that one too. They could have evolved him into a real badass.

It's Ashame Cesaro has no personality too. He is an impressive dude in person. His combination of agility size and strength is currently unmatched.

I didn't like Sheamus winning MitB either. Neville winning it would have been an interesting twist.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
LOL.

Kofi? Couldn't they have him fight Bray Wyatt or even Kane or Big Show for storyline progression. We know Brock destroys everyone, so having him squash Kofi has what point exactly?

Because it was a house show, and house shows aren't meant to advance storylines because the people watching the main shows get annoyed.

What was the point in him destroying Kofi? To entertain people like me I'm guessing.

Angry Ram

Maybe I have not been watching long enough to get tired of him but I like Cenas character. It just seems like a trendy thing to hate on him.

I don't buy Kevin Owens as a superhero either. He does not have the personality or the look. Plus he looks a bit dumpy. He really needs a gimmick IMO as is he is not a strong personality, just a brash little boy. I think this whole attack on Cena was played all wrong. There was no build up to it and it really was not believable.

I don't hate John Cena. The trend hate is stupid stuff like saying he can't wrestle, is Vince's suck up, etc. I don't like his character. It's way too cheesy,, even for WWE standards.

Because it was a house show, and house shows aren't meant to advance storylines because the people watching the main shows get annoyed.

What was the point in him destroying Kofi? To entertain people like me I'm guessing.

But this was different. It was advertised to be played live on WWE Network and a rare Japanese event. The billed it "Beast in the East." It's not fun when everyone knows its a squash.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I don't hate John Cena. The trend hate is stupid stuff like saying he can't wrestle, is Vince's suck up, etc. I don't like his character. It's way too cheesy,, even for WWE standards.

But this was different. It was advertised to be played live on WWE Network and a rare Japanese event. The billed it "Beast in the East." It's not fun when everyone knows its a squash.

I suppose I was expecting it to be exactly what it was, a house show, which we never would have seen 2 years ago, but was a nice little extra for the Network, so was able to enjoy it as such.

Angry Ram

I suppose I was expecting it to be exactly what it was, a house show, which we never would have seen 2 years ago, but was a nice little extra for the Network, so was able to enjoy it as such.

Yeah better than nothing I guess.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definately havent been watching enough then

Cena is so tired and unlike the masses of superstar who came before him, doesnt take a back seat, ever

He's a stiff in the ring, has limited moves and his "I work hard" is insulting to all the b level guys working 4-5 events per week. They all work hard. His refuses to take a heel role in the company and since he wins 99% of his matches, his smack talk bores the crap out of me too. Easy to talk crap when you already know the outcome

Best thing to happen to WWE would be for Cena to turn heel, but it wont happen

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Definately havent been watching enough then

Cena is so tired and unlike the masses of superstar who came before him, doesnt take a back seat, ever

He's a stiff in the ring, has limited moves and his "I work hard" is insulting to all the b level guys working 4-5 events per week. They all work hard. His refuses to take a heel role in the company and since he wins 99% of his matches, his smack talk bores the crap out of me too. Easy to talk crap when you already know the outcome

Best thing to happen to WWE would be for Cena to turn heel, but it wont happen

Cena turning heel would not be good for my son.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I don't root for the guy and I don't hate him either but like or hate Cena his open challenge matches have been some of the best matches on Raw. That last match against Cesaro was amazing That being said I really hope he drops the title to Owens at battleground.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I hated Cena before it was "cool" to hate Cena. I haven't stopped in the 10+ years since. But honestly he's the best thing on the main show at the moment.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's kind of the problem. He's been face for so long.
All the great ones flip back and forth

Not all. Bruno Samartino and Bob Backlund were never bad. As clean cut as Bob was I think Cena must have patterned himself after him.......and Vince loved Bob and maybe that is why he likes Cena. Hogan only flipped when he went WCW and once the Rock turned good he stayed that way..........ditto for Stone Cold. Some guys just work better one way or the other. I don't think Cena works as a bad guy.

I will never understand why they have to have signature moves. I think it would be more interesting if the wrestlers mixed it up more. Some of the moves really seem forced, like Dean Ambrose falling back into the ropes and bouncing back up and delivering a weak clothes line. When I was a kid that always bothered me that these guys did the same things over and over.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I will never understand why they have to have signature moves. I think it would be more interesting if the wrestlers mixed it up more. Some of the moves really seem forced, like Dean Ambrose falling back into the ropes and bouncing back up and delivering a weak clothes line. When I was a kid that always bothered me that these guys did the same things over and over.

I agree and Anbrose is a perfect example. That spot was great at first but now it happens 2-3 times a match. Totally takes away the big move feel when it's done all the time. Same with finishers, they are over used.