Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not all. Bruno Samartino and Bob Backlund were never bad. As clean cut as Bob was I think Cena must have patterned himself after him.......and Vince loved Bob and maybe that is why he likes Cena. Hogan only flipped when he went WCW and once the Rock turned good he stayed that way..........ditto for Stone Cold. Some guys just work better one way or the other. I don't think Cena works as a bad guy.

I will never understand why they have to have signature moves. I think it would be more interesting if the wrestlers mixed it up more. Some of the moves really seem forced, like Dean Ambrose falling back into the ropes and bouncing back up and delivering a weak clothes line. When I was a kid that always bothered me that these guys did the same things over and over.
Bob Backlund certainly did a heel turn after his title run was over. They had him going crazy and attacking other wrestlers etc.
stone cold basically was a heel but he was so darned likeable at it
Point being, Cena is just tired.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Anybody marked out when the nxt divas took over the wwe diva roster on raw?

Damn it why do I look at this thread during the week? I have to wait until Friday to watch Raw and there's always spoilers in it, I'm actually an idiot :mad:. Oh well something to look forward to.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Can't believe I'm gonna say it but the Divas part was one of the best segments on Raw. Just was really hoping to get a rematch with Banks and Lynch.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not bad. Now is this gonna last for a while, or in 2 months will be the same 2 minute matches with one diva at a time going for the title?

It would be so awesome if one the new divas won the title and changed it back to the Women's championship.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Not bad. Now is this gonna last for a while, or in 2 months will be the same 2 minute matches with one diva at a time going for the title?

It would be so awesome if one the new divas won the title and changed it back to the Women's championship.

Yeah that's got to be the worry on NXT they're treated as equals I'd hate to see them Divafied. It would be nice to see them continue to pursue the NXT women's championship as if it's the "real" title.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Anyone else hyped for Battleground? A chance to see Brock in action never goes amiss. Cena Owens should be entertaining. Rumours of Undertaker showing up. And please give me some divas.

Anyone actually going what with it being in St Louis?

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Anyone else hyped for Battleground? A chance to see Brock in action never goes amiss. Cena Owens should be entertaining. Rumours of Undertaker showing up. And please give me some divas.

Should be a good show! I'm going to miss the live broadcast so I'll watch tomorrow morning.

Angry Ram

Disappointing main event. Even tho the rumors were true, I just hate the way the match ended. Not a fan at all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Battleground shows why the WWE is on the decline. Cant let the youngster Owens beat Cena, and need to bring back past prime veterans (Undertaker) to draw interest

NXT is just better, its an even playing field.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
My Battleground thoughts:

King Barrett defeated R-Truth - King of the ring is a joke now, should of killed the concept rather than bring it back as this shit.

Randy Orton defeated Sheamus - Meh, Orton winning in St Louis was always going to happen, find both guys incredibly boring.

The Prime Time Players (c) defeated The New Day - Wasn't this meant to be a 3-2 handicap match? What happened to that? Prime Time Player PPV matches just seem to finish no build at all. Not an awful match, just nothing.

Bray Wyatt defeated Roman Reigns - Entertaining match, I know it's smarky to hate Reigns, but I quite like him having not been subjected to his Wrestlemania build. Oh well good to see 2/3 of the Wyatt Family back together.

Charlotte defeated Brie Bella and Sasha Banks - It turns out if you put a Bella in the middle of two women who could shit a 4 start match the quality drops by around 2 stars. At least they didn't have Brie win, so I suppose that's something.

John Cena (c) defeated Kevin Owens - WWE United States Championship - #LOLCENAWINS. Hey WWE this is why you had no stars other than Cena for 10 years, because you refuse to put guys who are hot as fuck over your boy Cena. I suppose Owens moves on to a meaningless mid card feud. Honestly would rather have Owens back in NXT with the championship than for him just to become a lost in the shuffle guy on Raw. What a joke.

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) ended in a no contest. - Was never an Undertaker fan after his Ministry of Darkness days. If he goes over Lesnar I'll be pissed, Lesnar should be used to put over a young guy, not someone who's going to wrestler twice a year at most. So with WWE's booking we're guaranteed Undertaker over Lesnar at Summerslam.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Just cancelled WWE Network, not as some form of shitty protest, but simply because I don't care anymore. The top feud in the company is a 50 year old man, who just destroyed a guy you've spent 18 months building up to be an unstoppable beast. And the only other feud I was interested in ends the same way as every other Cena feud, or keeps going with one of the two guy's credibility completely destroyed. The only other thing I'd keep it for, NXT, has also become completely pointless, because why invest in a guy being built up for 3 years so that he can get feed to Cena in 4 years?

To quote CM Punk "I'm glad it went down this way because it hit me like a bolt of lightning—exactly why I no longer wanna be here, why I wanna leave. It's because I'm tired of this. I'm tired of you [John]. I'm just tired."

Now is anyone able to speak Japanese so I can give my money to New Japan Pro Wrestling instead? I haven't seen AJ Styles wrestle in years :(.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I never wanted to see undertaker again after the streak ended. He looks old and tired and he could never realistically stand up to the beast.

I didn't like Owens/Cena to begin with I am starting to see what you all mean about Cena. They won't get rid of him and he still sells like crazy , so they need to. Keep his popularity high.

There really seems to be something missing these days. There is a lack of strong personalities and nothing epic like the Triple H days or McMahon and Stone Cold. Even a great character like Bray Wyatt seems misused. Rusev had potential but is fading. This current crop of writers needs to study the 90s and the 2000s. Piper was a much better lunatic than Ambrose. Reigns is not flashy enough. Seth Rollins does the most with character development.

I like Orton for some reason. Maybe because he wrestles with more energy. Or at least his finisher is flashy and easy. Rollins is too small to use the pedigree too. I wish they hadn't decided the curb stomp was racist, because it fit his character.

Maybe the technology age has ruined wrestling. Kids don't grow up with th adventures and crazy things that build character like we did back in the day before computer entertainment. After reflecting with my brothers, things we did as kids are now things that land a kid in Juvee or deep shit with his folks, like climbing reservoir tanks and pool hopping at night, or the worst was making cardboard figures attached to rope that we made pop up on the street as cars came near. Stealing wood to build forts, having our own Olympics and busting the neighbors bushes that we used as hurdles. That kind of recklessness in kids is much more subdued and rare these days. I think it waters down the numbers of characters and true badasses that there to play WWE roles. But I guess it is best for society.

Angry Ram

Last night's Raw was fun.

Shows what they can do when they let the guys go in the ring.

We don't need long winded promos or lame comedy segments. Just let these guys fight and good things will happen.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
1. F*** miz for his Rams comment lol.

2. I don't know why but I'm surprised Cena won. But it was kinda a give away when Owens was booked for the nxt takeover main event the night before summer slam. With this loss they should be giving Owens the big win at SS hopefully. I'd love to see a fatal 4 way with Cesaro and Rusav at SS.

3. I liked the Wyatt and Reigns match on the ppv and adding Ambrose and Harper makes it more interesting.

4. Wish Rollins and Lesner had a actual finish. They at least deserved that. Please don't let it be Cena that goes for the title...

Then...

5. You guys are a tough crowd with Taker. It's not like he is going after the title and rumors are WM32 will be his last so one not give him one last run? Sure his tombstone looked a little rough but the brawl on Raw was fun. Dude is a legend and I'm gonna sit back and enjoy his swan song.

Lesner will be around for at least a few more years and will continue to be a beast. If he had won the title and stuck with the part time schedule everyone would complain about that so I see this as the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
5. You guys are a tough crowd with Taker. It's not like he is going after the title and rumors are WM32 will be his last so one not give him one last run? Sure his tombstone looked a little rough but the brawl on Raw was fun. Dude is a legend and I'm gonna sit back and enjoy his swan song.

The problem is you've spent the last 18 months making Brock look like an unstoppable beast. The most legitimate one in WWE history, maybe only Goldberg comes close to him in wrestling history, and 150 of his 160 win streak was against jobbers. He's been booked so tough that Reigns getting his ass kicked and getting back up made him look legit (at least in the eyes of someone who didn't watch the Mania build up). Your world champion just got his ass kicked for 10 minutes and was about to be pinned in the middle of the ring. Now you're telling me that a 50 year old is a proper threat to him? It makes your entire roster of none part-timers look like a complete joke. It's the exact same shit that Punk left for, and the company has learnt nothing.

What's even worse is the WWE could be awesome right now, there's so much talent on that roster, we could be in the midst of something rivalling the Attitude Era in terms of entertainment (I doubt you'll ever reach the popularity level ever again) right now, but the WWE refuses to (or doesn't know how to) book anyone other than Super Cena and part-timmers like the Undertaker to look legitimate.

I love the Undertaker, or I did 10 years ago, but he'd be nothing if when he was working his way up the roster Hogan was coming back every 6 months to headline the biggest PPVs or only Bret Hart was allowed to look strong. The WWE benefited massively from WCW having the ability to take there biggest stars away from them, because they were forced to not put all of their eggs into one basket.

Angry Ram

but the WWE refuses to (or doesn't know how to) book anyone other than Super Cena and part-timmers like the Undertaker to look legitimate.

That isn't true.

Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Ryback are some guys I can think of.

I said before, I don't like John Cena's cheesy character. Doesn't mean he is a bad superstar or shouldn't be booked. Besides, he hasn't been nearly as dominant the last couple years. Compare that to say, 2005-2007.