Preseason Week 2 Post Game Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Really impressed with our Oline. They look so much better run blocking than last season. Gurley is going to have a monster season. All the RBS look great except McGehee. I think Case is going to start and I'm OK with that. I also like the TEs we drafted. They look really good. Britt is looking good but the WRs have to step up. Secondary looks awful except for Hill. I really miss JJ.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Interesting takes. I'm going to watch it tomorrow. I've heard some mentions of injuries tonite. Dare i ask what kind of bullshit the football Gods dealt us?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I was at the game so here's my hot takes.
Keenum still looks much more decisive than Goff and isn't ready to give up the job. I could see Keenum starting the first few games. Malcolm Brown just keeps breaking tackles and making plays. That was a nice adjustment to grab that TD catch, he's more versatile than he gets credit for IMO. He dropped a ball or two as rookie, but he's been pretty solid ever since. He's the #3 back for sure. Hemingway made a nice connection with Goff which was nice to see. I also saw him move his guy into another county on a short yardage run blocking situation. He might be a real player in a year or two.

Matt Longacre just keeps showing up, I don't see how you can keep him off the roster with how he plays. I don't know how bad Westy is hurt, but I'd give his reps to Longacre anyway. I'm worried about the LB's and Secondary. They haven't played together and will have to turn it on week 1 vs SF. This D still has that off coverage technique that is gonna give up a ton of completions and force guys to rally to the ball and tackle. Troy Hill has been impressive in understanding the down and distance to make plays. Michael Jordan has also been pretty solid in coverage and was had a PBU to finish this game. I'd PS both guys and have Hill be the first one up. Seau also showed up again, he's prime for the PS as well.
Good crowd and great weather. Undefeated at home in preseason, yeah I'll take it. Goff and Cooper getting there 1st TD's was nice as well. Some good, bad and ugly, but key contributors are healthy.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Just wanted to comment on the schemes we're running on
offense.The Boras and Groh combo have been impressive so far.
This is just Preseason and they are showing so much more creativity
than Brian Schottenheimer ever did.Makes me kind of excited for what
we will be doing this season.Even got a compliment from the crew
calling the game.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just wanted to comment on the schemes we're running on
offense.The Boras and Groh combo have been impressive so far.
This is just Preseason and they are showing so much more creativity
than Brian Schottenheimer ever did.Makes me kind of excited for what
we will be doing this season.Even got a compliment from the crew
calling the game.
actually threw some passes beyond the first down marker. thats a wow in itself. OL looks good. D is making me nervous with coverage issues.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Quick is toast.
Gaines looked very good.
Is Ayers necessary at this point?
I am fine with Goff needing more time, so be it!
Cooper is not as dynamic as I hoped, ditto for Thomas. Maybe they both need more time.
OLine blocking is really coming along nicely. So nice to see that after a decade of OLine futility
Keenum looks better than last year
Fisher has to be happy about the RB rotation
STs need some polishing
I would do most of the players wives that are on HardKnocks

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If spruce doesn't make this team I'm gonna go apeshit. He has looked by far the best wr that is fighting for a spot on the team. I would only put britt and tavon ahead of him because i know what they can do.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Does Quick even make it past first cuts this year? They only threw his way 4 times, and he dropped half of those. That's a real drive-killer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper is not as dynamic as I hoped, ditto for Thomas. Maybe they both need more time.

dgc.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The offensive line Snisher built for Coach Boo is finally here...beastly group...
The running backs stocked by Fish...Beastly....

I figured with the lack of hitting and intensity the defense would take it's time....But I'm excited about Troy Hill, Cory Littleton, Matt Longacre....very good new blood.

Glad Cooper got off the snide...great first TD...Great for Keenum...Glad we all saw the power of Kenny Britt...That guys a stud...

Hmmm...really surprised Quick picked this game to go backwards...esp. with so many backups ready to play....Week 3 should be interesting...Who'll rotate in with the 1's? 2 drops outta 4 targets...Geez dude...hard for me to defend you....But they must like him more than Duke & Mike Thomas....and to me...Thomas could be a beast...he's making dynamic catches all the time...

Hope Goff starts with the ones next week...I know Von Miller will play...he needs to see the best pass rushers out there...He needs 15-20 pass attempts...I still do not want to start the season with Keenum...the underthrown bomb being a prime example...

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
You're lucky that you didn't have to watch the Chief's broadcast like we did here in Missouri.
It sucked! I don't even know who got hurt and what happened to them.
No kidding, same in Nebraska. Didn't say anything about the Rams the entire broadcast.

lockdnram21

Legend
Quick is done should be cut

Were good at rb

Cotty and Joyner can't cover

Tru is decent but not elite

Jared is no where near ready. Wouldn't be surprised if Keenum is qb whole year

O line played well

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Sensabaugh needs to be demoted, same with Joyner. Bring in Gaines and Hill in their places. Maybe it's time to give Joyner a shot at FS?

Davis looked lost. Bryant was marginally better. Switch the two from first and second team.

Quick is second team. Same with Thomas. Kids need to learn how to hold the damn ball. Replace with Spruce and Cooper.

Littleton needs to compete with Ayers. Ayers not cutting it Littleton has a great nose for the ball and to shed blocks.

Cam Thomas shouldn't even make first cut. He can't even make the first tackle.

Next week I want to see our first team dbs play some press instead of 10 yd cushions. The only weak spot on o line looked like Brown. Dude needs to shore his game up.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Really liking this Oline so far, they're opening holes and getting the job done in pass protection. The offense seems capable of moving the ball------even without Higbee and Gurley last night-----and scoring a lot more points. IDK about Quick, just too many drops, I see the "potential" but not the necessary consistency, may be time to move on. I like Britt, don't know why all the hate about him. Goff has a ways to go, very nice throw to Quick, who caught it that time. At this point, can't see Goff starting the first few games as his confidence/comfort level is not there yet. Hope Marquez is not out too long he's an ace on special teams. Hopefully Spruce heals up quickly and moves p the depth chart as well, really want to see him with the 1's and 2's; if he makes the team he, along with Higbee can solve our 3rd down problems. It looks like we will finally have some offensive weapons to score a lot points. There's more than enough talent on this roster to be a playoff team this year.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Malcom Brown looking like he's shaking whatever voodoo curse Mack Brown hexed him with when he came to UT as a 5-star recruit

Gurley
Benny
Brown

DeaconJ

Rookie

my main observation is that kodi sucks. none of the links work. well one worked until about 1 min to go in the 2nd qtr but that was it. i'm gonna have trouble with no game pass but i'm not paying $260 to watch 4 months of football either.

I used the SportsDevil add-on and found a link that worked. Don't remember which one, but if one doesn't link up well I just keep trying until I find one that does.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think we can all agree that it looks like Gurley-Benny Cunningham and Brown will be our 3 main RB's! But just to look at who shined the most in this game, Just from a stats stand-point:
* Guuurley had 4 rushes for 20 Yds. and a Td!
* Britt had 2 Rec's for 27 Yds. w/ a long of 20 Yds.( If he hadn't been interfered with he would have had 3 and a TD!
* Cooper had only 1 Rec. for 11 Yds. But it was a TD.
* Brown had 12 Rushes for 68 Yds. w/ a long of 28 Yds. and 2 Rec's for 17 Yds. including 1 for 10 Yds. and a TD!
* Benny Cunningham had 4 Rushes for 38 Yds. w/ a long of 19 Yds.
* And the Team had 3 sacks, 1 ea. by Brockers - Coples - Thomas!
The Team had 9 stupid Penalties, and where lucky it only cost us 44 Yds. But they where Drive Killers!

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I just rewatched the game. I have a lot to say about it but I will post more later.

What I came in to say right away is that #58 Littleton really stood out to me. Both on Teams and at Linebacker. Athletic dude. Made quite a few plays in the game last night.

Also Troy Hill looks ready to really compete.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I watched the full game today. In the pre season context...Rams looked pretty good IMO. Better than last week.
Goff was probably the most glaring disappointment in my eyes. He's struggling. Keenum has a firm hold of the job right now and that's fine....for now. Hell, the offense as a whole got shit done. Moved the ball, played with physicality and scored TD's. Nice.

I read alot of negative comments about the defense before watching the game. I saw another vanilla 4-3 base man on man with some generic cover 2 stuff and maybe one blitz in the first two or three series. The Rams rushed 4 all night long. I don't understand the panic mode crowd right now. RELAX

Both teams' 1's came out and got it done offensively.