Preseason Week 2 Post Game Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Post your observations and defense and time of possession debates here.

Rams win a close one, 21-20, thanks to some late defensive stands and the go ahead Goff to Brown touchdown.

Rams move to 2-0 in preseason play while the Chiefs go to 0-2, both losses being 1 point games.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

my main observation is that kodi sucks. none of the links work. well one worked until about 1 min to go in the 2nd qtr but that was it. i'm gonna have trouble with no game pass but i'm not paying $260 to watch 4 months of football either.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
The big thing I was excited to see was that our offense looked somewhat diverse and dangerous. Big difference from last year.

Other than that, pretty ho-hum game. Some players stood out, some struggled. Injuries were a negative. I don't have a lot to say about this one. Yet.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
You're lucky that you didn't have to watch the Chief's broadcast like we did here in Missouri.
It sucked! I don't even know who got hurt and what happened to them.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Gurley was Gurley. Benny and Brown look great behind him. Our RB depth is something to smile about right now. I still think it's funny that Brown was ranked ahead of Todd coming out of high school though. But Brown is talented and looks like he's starting to put it together. McGee isn't great out of the backfield and just can't move the pile.

Goff was good after he settled down. Was making solid throws with a quick release. The ball absolutely jumped out of his hand on that crossing route to Quick. He looked good running PA too.

Gaines looked a lot like his old self from what I saw. He was blanketing receivers and making solid tackles. Hill and Jordan were the two other DBs that impressed me. Hill was laying the wood on some people.

Qoples had some dumb moments but also flashed some great ability. Easley could be a monster in our system. Both players just needs to be more consistent. Seau is a football player who deserves a roster spot. Cam Thomas is just big, not very talented.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Gurley was Gurley. Benny and Brown look great behind him. Our RB depth is something to smile about right now. I still think it's funny that Brown was ranked ahead of Todd coming out of high school though. But Brown is talented and looks like he's starting to put it together. McGee isn't great out of the backfield and just can't move the pile.
Aint gonna miss Tre at all

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More concerned with the defense, in particular the CBs, than anything else. I realize the Chiefs are a deep playoff level team, and that the Rams defense is probably trying to go 80% or whatever, though they did put out some effort tonight. Still feel like if we don't have Gaines we're going to be a middle of the road defense at best.

The offense had a very, very good night considering the quality of that Chiefs defense. To my eye they have improved and will be better this year, somewhere around 20th to 15th maybe in scoring. They're gonna be better.

Goff didn't look well prepared. He settled in a bit which was nice, but it was a rough game for the kid. I feared that tbh. But that's ok, gonna hope he grows from it and rocks out in Denver in preseason week 3.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Another note: Kush better get his shit together. If he botches any more snaps he's looking at getting cut. That false start was a high school mistake. Dude needs to stop worrying about his tank tops and start playing some damn football.

Last edited:

SierraRam

Recreational User
Our RB depth is something to smile about right now.

............Yes it is!

1. All of our RB's are looking great.
2. The OL is deep too and blocking well.
3. Our DL got on track after a shaky start, and showed depth
4. We're solid at TE

5. A healthy Robert Quinn will improve this entire team.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
There was some good some bad and some ugly, but thats what preseason brings. Unfortunately its been our 1s that have provided most of the ugly. It was good to see the O start well. Is Quick trying to take Cooks place as the drive killer? I would love for Quick to become Mr. Reliable but I just dont see it happening, time to give Duke some of Quicks reps in preseason to see if he can be counted on to catch the ball, we know he can block. Does GW play soft with the 1s then crank it up with the 2s and 3s? The Rams are gonna be cutting some good football players this year.

TexasRam

Legend
Brown, Littleton, Hill, Seau, Longacre Fox and Jordan were all looking good.

Joyner and Sensabaugh still can't cover... I love Joyner but he's killing us. Roberson and Hill need to compete for the nickel role.

Quick is done.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My opinion: We need Gaines back healthy, and Troy Hill should be playing over Sensabaugh. Sensabaugh does a great job of being in the position to make a tackle after he gives up catch after catch.

Our HBs look great. Britt is looking good. Quick is not. Kendricks looks good. OL performed solidly today. Our DL depth should be a strength again.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Marquez injury is his ankle, not his knee according to Myles Simmons.

Hopefully it's a sprain at worst.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Goff was good after he settled down. Was making solid throws with a quick release. The ball absolutely jumped out of his hand on that crossing route to Quick. He looked good running PA too.

Gaines looked a lot like his old self from what I saw. He was blanketing receivers and making solid tackles. Hill and Jordan were the two other DBs that impressed me. Hill was laying the wood on some people.

Qoples had some dumb moments but also flashed some great ability. Easley could be a monster in our system. Both players just needs to be more consistent. Seau is a football player who deserves a roster spot. Cam Thomas is just big, not very talented.
Hill makes me feel a whole lot better about our secondary. He knows how to close and tackle. I think he makes the roster because I don't know what we are going to do with Sensabaugh. He scares me being on the field. Cam Thomas is a load. If the roster were bigger, he would be great to have around for running plays. He's not to be moved very often. Coples has to be more disciplined. I think he will be on the 53 but not sure how often he'll be active on gameday if he doesn't iron his jumpiness out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hill makes me feel a whole lot better about our secondary. He knows how to close and tackle.

Funny thing about Hill is what Williams wanted to see was his physicality. He obviously has the quicks and instincts in coverage but yeah he's gone out of his way to bring it. As long as Gaines can stay healthy their CB starters 3 deep are good and Hill as a nickel and 4 CB is good.

Not sure what they're going to do with Sensabaugh, but I suppose they paid him so he's gonna be on the depth chart.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think our Oline is looking good and that is a relief particularly the run blocking. The D should be fine we got more pressure today and Goff looked to settle down. Our WR's as a whole still concern me but we are in better shape than seasons past.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You're lucky that you didn't have to watch the Chief's broadcast like we did here in Missouri.
It sucked! I don't even know who got hurt and what happened to them.

I agree, until I heard the 49er broadcast last week. Listening to them, the other team might as well not exist and they are just playing against teammates. The Chiefs team at least mentioned the Rams, and even showed the Marshall, ED, Andrew team.

Trust me on this, yes everyone would've been better with the Rams, but the Chiefs aren't as bad as they seem.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Just saw the highlights. That long run by Brown, trucked a defender at the end. Then he 1-hands a TD reception. Great game for him.
The Gurley TD - the OL stood up every one of their defenders. Great job by both Todd & the OL. Very excited for both the RB depth & the OL depth.
Glad they kept Goff in late, he needed the reps. Mannion got a good long look last week. Some nice passes, didn't look totally lost out there. The pass to Hemmingway was nice, under pressure; the TD pass to Brown was apparently a "back shoulder" toss, not sure if Brown was ready yet but he hauled it in nicely.
Britt with the deep speed, forcing fouls & making catches. He's our #1.
Great job by the LA fans. What a turn out! looked like a playoff game. Kronke has to be grinning like a mule eatin' briars.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
There was some good some bad and some ugly, but thats what preseason brings. Unfortunately its been our 1s that have provided most of the ugly. It was good to see the O start well. Is Quick trying to take Cooks place as the drive killer? I would love for Quick to become Mr. Reliable but I just dont see it happening, time to give Duke some of Quicks reps in preseason to see if he can be counted on to catch the ball, we know he can block. Does GW play soft with the 1s then crank it up with the 2s and 3s? The Rams are gonna be cutting some good football players this year.

I could be wrong but I think thats exactly what happens. As a sure lock starter your main goal in preseason is knock off some rust and come out uninjured, and the best way to help prevent injury is not going a full 110% and throwing your body around. But for the guys looking to make the team or lock up a backup/starting job they need to go 110% to show what they got and what they can do.