GAME DAY Preseason Week 1: Rams at Chargers - 10pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nice seeing Troy Reeder running the Chargers defense.Seemed like The Rams we’re picking on him going straight at him,or was he just making a bunch of plays?

Just adding in training camp Rozeboom has really done a nice job.
He did not play & just like Mcvay basically saying Tutu Atwell is on the Varsity Team. The same goes to Christian as the backup MLB who makes the calls with the 2nd unit.
He is also a core special teams guy. Might be repeating myself,but worth saying & pounding the table.

There was an article about Les Snead not being able to draft LBers. I say they know how to find & develop Inside LBers.

Thanks Troy Reeder being a starting MLB for The Rams SuperBowl team of 2021/22.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wonder if Perkins would opt to be a RB/WR type? Go back in the lab and work on being that kind of weapon for next yr.

That’s crazy talk. B. Perkins is a QB through & through. The biggest issue The Rams have with Perkins is if someone claims him.
He has put so much time in The QB room it’s crazy to think his value is worthless in that position.
Have you even seen Williams as a Rams RB. Where would Perkins be on any NFL depth chart? I do get what your saying though. Perkins is electric & is a strong runner who has NFL talent.
My thing is his value is running the scout team to prepare for those new NFL types like Lance & Murray. Don’t The Rams play Wilson,Collins,Mahomes,Mayfield

Tano

Legend
That’s crazy talk. B. Perkins is a QB through & through. The biggest issue The Rams have with Perkins is if someone claims him.
He has put so much time in The QB room it’s crazy to think his value is worthless in that position.
Have you even seen Williams as a Rams RB. Where would Perkins be on any NFL depth chart? I do get what your saying though. Perkins is electric & is a strong runner who has NFL talent.
My thing is his value is running the scout team to prepare for those new NFL types like Lance & Murray. Don’t The Rams play Wilson,Collins,Mahomes,Mayfield
I did not like a lot of Perkins throws.

Every PI against the Chargers should have been an interception if the CB looked back.

They were underthrown balls

muggmeister

Rookie

Every PI against the Chargers should have been an interception if the CB looked back.

Agreed, Perkins looks no better than last preseason. Late or under thrown, his numbers should have been about 7-16, 70 yds with 3 picks. And people here are clamoring for him to be the backup? I just don't get it. He does extend plays with his legs because he gives up almost immediately despite not much pressure.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale

This is what @bubbaramfan and I had been saying during camp. Weak arm, runs too early out of the pocket.

He was being played the whole game for a reason. What that reason is we can only speculate but in my view, based on TC performance let's see how he does in a live performance.

Last year the Rams kept him on the 53 (3 QB's) so he wouldn't be poached off the practice squad. I can't see that this season.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Definitely been clear why Bruss isn’t being considered for a starting position yet. He’s got some work to do.
And this bothers me for I felt he was showing good in camp but as time went on and he is consistently playing with the 2nd team, it became clear.

So much for my evaluation of offensive linemen.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And this bothers me for I felt he was showing good in camp but as time went on and he is consistently playing with the 2nd team, it became clear.

So much for my evaluation of offensive linemen.
Nah don't write off a rookie after one preseason game :) That goes for all rookies not just Bruss.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Nah don't write off a rookie after one preseason game :) That goes for all rookies not just Bruss.

Sean McVay pleased with how Logan Bruss performed in preseason debut​

......McVay and the coaching staff of the Rams appear to be ecstatic about the progress that he’s making as a rookie.
I did like Rose...A more physical runner than we normally have in reserve

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1558649817152114690

AJ Rose, RB​

Jake Funk started the game at running back and is likely inked-in as the primary backup to co-starters Cam Akers and Darrell Henderson. Funk played well in limited action despite struggles on the inside offensive line - he rushed for 16 yards and took one catch on a screen play 10 yards.

But the offensive line started to open up holes towards the end of the first half and into the second, and perhaps the biggest beneficiary of that was running back AJ Rose. Rose may have been the team’s best back against the Chargers, though the 2.4 yards per carry on the box score doesn’t do his effort justice.

Rose ran well through contact and was an effective player in the passing game. He may be able to pass Raymond Calais on the depth chart by the end of the preseason.

Did anyone else observe that pathetic block by Bobby Evans #71?

Last edited:

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
McVay pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. They like Tutu based on his camp and rather not risk injury. He has showed well enough that they may save him for season. May get a few preseason reps but wouldn't be surprised not to see him out there. I'm not banging the drum for him to play if McVay's intention is to keep him out.

McCutcheon showed great skills in 1 game. Excited to see if he can keep it through preseason.

What puzzles me is why they reissued Hirsch's #40 jersey. Hopefully just preseason, but that was supposed to be VM's with the family blessing, and when he departed should go back on the shelf.

Happy to see the Rams score this many points in 1st preseason game. Usually they have more penalties and less points in game 1. It's the highest preseason game 1 score under McVay. Need to go back to 2016 1st preseason game, (1st game back in LA) where Rams scored 28. But yesterday was their highest game 1 preseason points since 2011 when they scored 33 vs the Colts (who had Dan O at QB).

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Sean McVay pleased with how Logan Bruss performed in preseason debut​

......McVay and the coaching staff of the Rams appear to be ecstatic about the progress that he’s making as a rookie.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1558649817152114690

AJ Rose, RB​

Jake Funk started the game at running back and is likely inked-in as the primary backup to co-starters Cam Akers and Darrell Henderson. Funk played well in limited action despite struggles on the inside offensive line - he rushed for 16 yards and took one catch on a screen play 10 yards.

But the offensive line started to open up holes towards the end of the first half and into the second, and perhaps the biggest beneficiary of that was running back AJ Rose. Rose may have been the team’s best back against the Chargers, though the 2.4 yards per carry on the box score doesn’t do his effort justice.

Rose ran well through contact and was an effective player in the passing game. He may be able to pass Raymond Calais on the depth chart by the end of the preseason.

Did anyone else observe that pathetic block by Bobby Evans #71?

I didn't take the praise of Bruss being anything close to "ecstatic"..... if they were, he wouldn't be playing.

I took the comment as just words of encouragement that he's heading in the right direction.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I didn't take the praise of Bruss being anything close to "ecstatic"..... if they were, he wouldn't be playing.

I took the comment as just words of encouragement that he's heading in the right direction.

Did you happen to see the rotation? Who else played up front last night ?

IMO - Snyder & Arcuri both have excellent upside.I didn’t see the 2nd half of the game last night.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Did you happen to see the rotation? Who else played up front last night ?

IMO - Snyder & Arcuri both have excellent upside.I didn’t see the 2nd half of the game last night.
They got pretty much all the backups in... although I did NOT see Pircher.
Arcuri didn't have the best night, but looks like he's got enough raw materials to develop.
Snyder didn't do anything bad that I saw.. Kolone had good snaps all night, which I've read was an issue in camp... Brewer looked... okay? Left guard, mostly, when he played.
They played Alaric Jackson at LT and RG. Had a bad rep or two at LT, but seemed fine.. and, I thought, showed some promise inside. Big boy.
When Anchrum and Jackson were on the left side, it looked strong to me.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Gotta agree there. It's their first action in months. Last year, people were calling Jamar Chase a bust early in when he struggled and now he's a star in the making. Long way to go and as long as the flashes the rookies show become more consistent, then we are in luck.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta agree there. It's their first action in months. Last year, people were calling Jamar Chase a bust early in when he struggled and now he's a star in the making. Long way to go and as long as the flashes the rookies show become more consistent, then we are in luck.
And we can go the other way. Spruce was the next great WR and Brian Allen was a bust. It's great to see good play from the youngsters but it often takes time to develop.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Yeah a quality starting secondary comes down with a few of those passes.

To me Pwrkins is not showing promise. He is showing his ceiling at this point. He is not improving in the passing game. At best he is a Taysom Hill type.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They got pretty much all the backups in... although I did NOT see Pircher.
Arcuri didn't have the best night, but looks like he's got enough raw materials to develop.
Snyder didn't do anything bad that I saw.. Kolone had good snaps all night, which I've read was an issue in camp... Brewer looked... okay? Left guard, mostly, when he played.
They played Alaric Jackson at LT and RG. Had a bad rep or two at LT, but seemed fine.. and, I thought, showed some promise inside. Big boy.
When Anchrum and Jackson were on the left side, it looked strong to me.

Nice ! The offensive line cuts are going to be interesting to me.
Max is basically not going to make the team I don’t think ever.
Anchrum makes the team ? I guess Brewer is going to get cut ? Jack Snyder has a lot of upside, because he works hard & is a smart player.He actually is tougher than I thought he would be.
If Kolone makes the 53 that will mean a lot to how The Rams develop player & aren’t afraid of Lossing ascending players. That’s my whole thing as a Rams fan. I like to guess on what the front office is going to do & evaluate talent.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The fact being that Tutu shouldn’t be exempt from playing as if he is a starter is ridiculous, he has a ton to prove. In fact he has A LOT to prove. Now is the time.
He doesn't have ANYTHING to prove to fans at this point. If he is showing out in practice, why in the HELL would McVay put him in pre-season games to prove some point? So that some journeyman looking to score a big play can blow him up? To appease a few doubting fans?

If McVay plays him, he plays him. But I think there will be a goal. And that goal won't be to prove anything to a few fans.