GAME DAY Preseason Week 1: Rams at Chargers - 10pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Lots to be positive about here.... Perkins and McCutcheon show a lot of promise.... Hopefully Bobby Brown isn't hurt too bad. Rose runs the ball hard a well..

we have some decisions to make and I think we got some guys on the bubble.
I did like Rose...A more physical runner than we normally have in reserve

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yea he doesn't have the arm talent necessary to be a good QB. But man Mccutchen showed something tonight. He's 6'3, he can go up and make contested catches. I dont see how we keep Harris over this kid. We all love the *potential* of Harris, but I'll take production. Last year Harris didn't convert on a single one of his 50/50 balls.

Kupp
ARob
Van
Tutu
Skow
Powell
Mccutcheon
Agree...Harris is a tease and can't stay healthy

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yea he doesn't have the arm talent necessary to be a good QB. But man Mccutchen showed something tonight. He's 6'3, he can go up and make contested catches. I dont see how we keep Harris over this kid. We all love the *potential* of Harris, but I'll take production. Last year Harris didn't convert on a single one of his 50/50 balls.

Kupp
ARob
Van
Tutu
Skow
Powell
Mccutcheon
I wonder if Perkins would opt to be a RB/WR type? Go back in the lab and work on being that kind of weapon for next yr.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Perkins might just be auditioning for a trade ...

Have said that from the start of camp, or even from last season.

The question is why would The Rams keep Perkins around on the 53 if he was just a practice squad player & had no value ?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
You mean WR6 don’t you? Got to work your way up the ladder if you are a Rookie.
Yeah, he is still playing against back ups and vanilla coverages etc...but he showed out for sure.

You can see why he wasn't drafted, yet was so productive in college.

Strong hands, knack for winning 50/50 balls and physical. However, an average athlete, no burst, who can't separate from coverage.

If he can continue to out physical good CBs and be a sure handed possession guy and redzone target then he can have a role.

Kind of like Reynolds did yrs ago, maybe not quite as fast as Reynolds, (who wasnt a burner, but looks a little faster than McCutcheon) but he has stronger hands to win those battles.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
As much as it didn't seem so Calais outperformed Rose 8 for 25 over 8 for 19. It sure seemed like Rose ran hard.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, wr3. Some of you guys are good for laughs.

Yeah he was excellent tonight against other 2nd/3rd stringers :D Not gonna say he wasn't fun to watch but the excitement people get from these "games" is fun to watch.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Perkins is almost a good player, but not sure he can make the step he needs to be an NFL QB. Just not a good enough passer and he takes one or maybe two looks and then he is looking to run regardless of the protection.

The offense was basically throw up contested passes and either get a call or McCutcheon makes a play.
Bryce was putting the ball on the money today.... they were contested balls but they were
I know Perkins doesn't have enough arm strength seems to be quite apparent but him extending and Lamar Jacksoning plays would be interesting to see him with the number ones
If we're comparing Perkins and Wolford I haven't seen anything that tells me Wolford is the better passer.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah he was excellent tonight against other 2nd/3rd stringers :D Not gonna say he wasn't fun to watch but the excitement people get from these "games" is fun to watch.

Totally agree - I buy in on the visual.

Watching against the Chargers after training camp though now gives me a better idea of how some of these players look live.

Cutches catch was a nice grab & catch. Perkins needs to throw it up there for him though.

The funny thing to me & know one wants to talk about except Mcvay was JJ Koski. I’ve said all a long he is a RAM. Mcvay respects & lives those types of players.We can talk about all kings of players as well.

Mcvay bringing up JJ Koski’s catch that if he challenged would have been a catch. The timing he & Perkins had was nice. It surprises me of all the digs some fans have about him as a QB. Mcvay did do a crazy little dance describing Perkins.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree...Harris is a tease and can't stay healthy

He might be different than a tease. Unless you see what he does dressed then it’s hard only when he is undressed to tell how good he really is.

IMO he is a big physical guy who has a weird gate. His long stride is what probably caused his knee injury.

He is a athlete who will come off & on from the IR.Who knows what happens to him this year(season) ?

I like him though. Cutch has to make it on special teams.Funk had a nice run tonight.Williams is going to be better than any of the RB’s today.

Funny how excited some get about backup RB’s though. HENDO & Akers are so many steps beyond.

The concern I have is Backup TE. I like Hopkins,but he doesn’t do it for me.In walk throughs he was having fun,but his understanding of the game(NFL) is not there.A TEnis a key core position.

Blanton got blown up by the Chargers DE. The same with AJ Jackson,but Mcvay gave him credit at LT for holding his own on the Island.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bryce was putting the ball on the money today.... they were contested balls but they were

If we're comparing Perkins and Wolford I haven't seen anything that tells me Wolford is the better passer.

When was the last time you saw Wolford play?!SeaHags game in playoffs.

I mean a couple times during the season,but no prep & preseason last year for a couple of series total?

In training camp there was this guy getting all pissed off from one pass by Wolford.He was like Perkins is better. I told you. So we all have our opinions.

Veteran Ram though was in box seats center stage next to BubbaRam.I think Veteran Ram talked about how much better Wolford is as a passer & all the INT’s Perkins threw.

Wolford has got so much first team Reps in,it is hard to say if Mcvay plays him in the preseason at all this year as well ?
What I have seen is how smooth & good Wolford knows the offense & makes solid throws & reads.