Preseason Game Three and QB snaps

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
We know what we have in Keenum. Let Goff start and play the first half. Give Mannion the second.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
We all know that Goff is the future and possesses the most raw talent of the QB's. We also know he is NOWHERE NEAR being ready to lead the offense over Case and Sean. As much as we all want to get him reps, Coach Fisher, when asked, re-emphasized the need for patience in respect to Jared.

Look, it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the team to treat this year as a tune up for next year FOR ANY PLAYER. The first half of this next game will be Keenum's tune-up for the beginning of the season. When Jeff Fisher speaks THAT boldly and definitively about Case being the starter in his presser, you can bank on it. He won't allow the press or the fans to dictate how this team is managed. Jared may get the third quarter and Sean the fourth but the reps will be dictated by the game.

I have been hoping as much as anyone that Goff would be the opening day starter but my eyes tell me he simply won't be the best QB by then. I frankly wouldn't be shocked to see him sit the entire season if Keenum leads this team to a winning record. Only injury or ineffectiveness due to Keenum's limitations will put Goff on the field this year.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They better get Mannion more reps because if something happens to Keenum, Goff isn't ready to go and Mannion will have to play.
If they're not careful we could wind up with no game ready QB.
we still have Johnny "4th down" Hekker. unless he starts pushing DL's again.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Yes, they need to work Goff and Mannion as much as possible in this preseason. Keenum is what he is and nothing will change that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We also know he is NOWHERE NEAR being ready to lead the offense over Case and Sean.
I don't know how or why that would be a given.
Under the way Fisher has framed this pre-season, Keenum has gotten all the quality snaps and yet the team wasn't leading in either game when his replacement hit the field

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I don't know how or why that would be a given.
Under the way Fisher has framed this pre-season, Keenum has gotten all the quality snaps and yet the team wasn't leading in either game when his replacement hit the field

The REASON Case didn't have a lead was ST, defense, and dropped passes. I don't see how you can hang that on the QB

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The REASON Case didn't have a lead was ST, defense, and dropped passes. I don't see how you can hang that on the QB
Then why hang it on Goff when he has dealt with the same issues, dropped passes X10
Point being, I don't see how he is the clear leader when they haven't been playing from the same deck

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
How will Goff be any closer to starting mid season? If anything that's literally the worst time to throw him in there. It's not like he will get a little playing time here and there. How do you learn to play the game without actually playing? Goff will be the opening day starter. You can bank on it.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It will be interesting to see, a lot of it depends on if the D can get stops. Fisher should just say fuck it and let GW go all in on the playcalling and shut down Denver to give our O more possesions, thus more reps to split. This no gameplan weak ass let them complete their passes so we can see how well guys can tackle shit is killin Goffs much needed reps. Thats why Fisher let Goff finish game 2, it would be nice to get enough possesions to get CK 1 qtr, Goff 2 qtrs and Mannion 1 qtr. But they need to average more than just 2 possesions a qtr give the O enough reps to actually establish a rythm and maybe an identity. And get some WRs in there that want to catch the ball and make an impression on the coaching staff, the fans and the rest of the league.

Athos

Legend
Keenum doesn't need to play anymore during the preseason. You know what you have with him and what he can and can't do.

Goff should start and play maybe into the 3rd. Then let Mannion take over.

I'm more interested what Goff can do with starters instead of a few scrubs trying to make the team and depth options.

…..

Legend
Sit Keenum. Goff plays the first 2-3 quarters. Mannion follows him. I'd want Goff to get around 25 drop-backs. Then bring Mannion in.

jrry I know your a supporter of playing Goff now and getting the mistakes behind him as the best way to start his career....so I'm not going to argue that.

What I will say is, that if the plan is to start Keenum on game one, then its a ridiculous notion to sit him during this game, if this game is to be used as the one big dress rehearsal for the season.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
We know what we have in Keenum. Let Goff start and play the first half. Give Mannion the second.

Although I would love this senerio^^^^. ... I believe that Case will start and work until half time with Goff and Mannion splitting the second half. Then in the fourth preseason game I expect they will start Goff (with mostly 2s)and Mannion will play late third early 4th.... hope I am dead wrong!!!!! ;)

Go Rams.......... ;)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would play the Rotation just like in the KC game, except I would leave Keenum in for the entire 1st quarter and make sure that Mannion get's into the game in the 4th!!

lockdnram21

Legend
Keenum doesn't need to play anymore during the preseason. You know what you have with him and what he can and can't do.

Goff should start and play maybe into the 3rd. Then let Mannion take over.

I'm more interested what Goff can do with starters instead of a few scrubs trying to make the team and depth options.
Yea but if the plan is for Case to start season he should get reps... I haven't seen anything that shows Goff is anywhere close to being ready

fiveten

UDFA
In the first two games, Keenum has had 12 passing attempts, Goff has had 22 (including the interception), and Mannion has had 26 (including the interception). If anything, we need to see more of Keenum in game 3.

Last edited: