Preseason Game Three and QB snaps

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
What would you do?

Someone made an argument in another thread that we should sit Keenum and start Goff with the 1s for a half followed by Mannion for a half.

Usually you'd have your starters play a whole first half together, meaning Keenum would play the whole 1st half but I just don't see them doing it without conceding that Goff is definitely not gonna start the 1st game.

I certainly don't want that to happen. I'd be fine with a similar split to what we had this last game. Keenum for one or two series and then have Goff come in with the 1s and playing until the 4th and let Mannion have a few reps in the 4th.

I'd also be fine with sitting Keenum and playing Goff with the 1s all the 1st half.

What I do think is that, regardless, Goff will get plenty of time in the 4th game... and he's shown us he really really needs it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sit Keenum. Goff plays the first 2-3 quarters. Mannion follows him. I'd want Goff to get around 25 drop-backs. Then bring Mannion in.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Supposed to be the dress rehearsal for the first game of the year, this will tell us all we need to know because whoever starts on offense & defense in Denver barring injury will be the offense & defense come the eve of the 12th of September.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum for a series or two. Goff until the 4th, with plenty of time with likely starters. Mannion in the 4th.

Keenum can't just be benched - while I expect Goff to start, Keenum is the stalking horse, and the guy the team would want if something happens.

HellRam

Starter
I say Goff should start for the 3rd game. We've seen Keenum with the 1s last season and for the first 2 preseason games. If Goff is the future, let's treat him as such. Maybe bring Keenum in after Goff in this game or have Keenum get a few extra reps in the final preseason game and let Goff get much needed playing time in this 3rd game.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
IMO, it's getting close to go time and this is the dress rehearsal for the show. All signs point to Keenum opening the season as the starter. Thus, Keenum starts Saturday, plays most of, if not all of the 1st half, possibly going into the 2nd half with the rest of the starters. Fisher has said Mannion will get snaps Saturday, so wouldn't surprise me if he's next in for the balance of the 3rd qtr, with Goff getting the 4th. But, wouldn't be surprised if Mannion and Goff flip in 2nd half.

Last preseason game, Keenum sits with all the starters, Goff starts and plays all of 1st half with Mannion getting the 2nd half.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I thought Fisher uses the 4th game as more of a dress rehearsal than the 3rd, or did he stop doing that?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
They better get Mannion more reps because if something happens to Keenum, Goff isn't ready to go and Mannion will have to play.
If they're not careful we could wind up with no game ready QB.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I thought Fisher uses the 4th game as more of a dress rehearsal than the 3rd, or did he stop doing that?

I can't say I remember that, but if he does he is about the only one that I know of..Starters usually make a quick cameo in the 4th game for most teams...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm pretty sure the injury to brockers against scrubs in 2012 put an end to this thinking.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap

Last season most of the starters played 2 series and took a seat in the 4th game. There were several starters who did not play at all, Saffold, Quinn & Donald that I can think of.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I can't say I remember that, but if he does he is about the only one that I know of..Starters usually make a quick cameo in the 4th game for most teams...
Fisher has traditionally used the 4th pre season game as the dress rehersal so no telling what we see this week but my guess would be Keenum gets at least the first series, then Goff until sometime in the 4th. Mannion needs work too so I'd be surprised if he doesn't get some time this week.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Last season most of the starters played 2 series and took a seat in the 4th game. There were several starters who did not play at all, Saffold, Quinn & Donald that I can think of.

ok i figured that was the case but I didnt pay much attention last year and last I remembered it was 4th game was dress rehearsal for him

Bruce2980

Starter
They better get Mannion more reps because if something happens to Keenum, Goff isn't ready to go and Mannion will have to play.
Take it easy, it's way too early to start thinking about unhitching the horses from this wagon, it's starting to move in the right direction. lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we're not careful we could end up with just Mannion and Keenum game ready :D

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
There are no guarantee that won't happen or that Goff will be ready no matter how much he plays in preseason.