Preseason Game 1 Fallout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually both. My oldest went to OSU and my youngest goes to UofO. I'm mostly a Ducks fan but used to watch all the Oregon college games. Most of the time, they played one after the other and if they didn't, I just found a stream.

Frankly, it was always easier to key in on the better players on OSU teams because they had so few of them. UofO had some pretty damn good talent.
Yep, I started following back when Rich Brooks was HC of the Ducks....Haven't had time so much to follow college football so much these last few years...

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
1. I'm only ready to annoint Allen because he's a QB on the roster...I'm also considering Johnny Hekker, and you if you can throw a tight spiral, you da man!:rockon:
2. It wasn't only because of the last game, except it's the straw that broke the camel's back, after 3 plus years of waiting to see anything from Sean Mannion.
3. It is a fair comment about him facing the Ones of Baltimore. He also should have been the most ready to face such a challenge. My problems with him predate last nights game (scroll above for those if you want). The Ravens played with all starters last night, including Joe Flacco (fyi)
Mannion = :rant::redcard::eek::mad::seizure:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Mannion = :rant::redcard::eek::mad::seizure:
Mannion, immediately after the game....

tumblr_mabn7pJzzU1r3rvfao9_250.gif

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Davis & Kelly played well. Would not be surprised if the Rams keep 4 RB's on the roster this year. Not if either are playing special teams, if so that will help their case.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Davis & Kelly played well. Would not be surprised if the Rams keep 4 RB's on the roster this year. Not if either are playing special teams, if so that will help their case.

I could see Brown getting cut if Kelly or Davis proves himself on special teams and in pass protection.(since those are Brown's strengths)

fearsomefour

Legend
I could see Brown getting cut if Kelly or Davis proves himself on special teams and in pass protection.(since those are Brown's strengths)
Yeah.
Could see it, but, for his salary not much of benefit really.
Four RBs is still a reasonable number.
Unless Wade needs to keep 8 CBs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Meh - Mannion looked awful. There's no denying that. But there is also merit in what @bubbaramfan is saying. Y'all want to anoint Allen to leap frog Mannion with the argument that Allen too wasn't playing with the ones. But many also acknowledge that the rookie O-line played better than the likes of Lucas and Williams. Of course you all ignore the other fact that Mannion was playing against the Ravens ones and twos while Allen was playing against the threes.

I wasn't impressed by Allen either. Expected him to play a bit better than he did. He was slow to pick up the blitzes and be ready for them, and should have had a quicker clock goin in his head given the way the line (particularly Williams) was playing when he first got out there. I was irked by the one drop Pharoh had on third down, that would have extended the drive, but Allen wasn't very sharp tbh.

Mentioned this somewhere else, but McVay was pretty pissed about needing to call the TO there late in the game to avoid a delay of game penalty. IMO that demonstrated that Allen is still thinkin vice playing at a mastery level with the offense. So even though he is a better fit for this offense, that is where Mannion has the advantage.

This QB2 battle is just starting. I think we need to sit back and enjoy it tbh.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Some people have pointed out that Mannion was playing behind an offensive line made up of late round picks and free agents against the Ravens starting defense. Some of this is on the O-line, and there were drops, Hemmingway for one.
I'm sure the team knew about the slow feet when they drafted him.
Foles could not handle his opportunity with the Rams but he did OK in Philadelphia, so who's to say when a guy can't cut it unless he gets a chance to play with the #1s?
Foles did ok here until that dude from Green Bay speared his sternum into Oblivion.

As far as doing better elsewhere? I'm still waiting for Greg Robinson to start that Hall of Fame career trajectory so many people predicted (or were afraid) he would have if he left us.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Listened last night, watching it now.

First drive - no way Flacco gets that much time. Starting D line ends his career trying to run around.

Talib picks him on the Crabtree throw around 11:00

Different game with The 1’s

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Need to see more of Kelly but so far so good and he can catch as well. Davis is the most contrary or change of speed to TG30 in my opinion. Brown is just a solid guy that plays on ST, blocks and catches the ball out of the backfield. It is going to be interesting. If anyone goes my money is on JD

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd think they need 4 RBs. You don't want to go into a game with only 2 - and it is routine for RBs to get nicked up. With Tavon as a WR maybe they could pull it off, but realistically, they are going to want to have 4 (3 active on game day, maybe)