PREGAME PREGAME THREAD - Rams vs Chargers PREDICTIONS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But now they have a better OL with Allen at center and Corbett at RG and the Rams have much better center options to backup Allen with both Corbett and Shelton.
Opportunity for Shelton & Jordan Meredith as I believe they will be manning Center during preseason, however, Shelton has struggled with his snaps & Meredith is undersized so don't be shocked if the Rams put in a claim on cutdown day to backup Allen come the 12th of September.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I gotta think the Chargers have an edge in this one. Seems like most times a team with a new coach tries a lot harder to win that first preseason game than teams with returning coaches. Its a meaningless game but starting off with a win is a good way to excite the fan base about their new coach.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As far as my pick, its not actually a prediction but I'm hoping the RB's have a good showing. And I want to see Jacob Harris and Ernest Jones in real action.

sloramfan

Starter
funk... e jones... harris.. all good picks, but will they get on the field?..

if they don't, this team is stacked.. and those guys are as good as advertised..

saturday night can't get here soon enough... hope i'm not yawning by halftime as usual...

to me. preseason is like my training camp... so bring it rams...

let's see who rises to the top, and gets sat down next week... e jones

go rams

slo

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Funk has played himself into a key role for us this year. So probably no chance of him playing.

Harris too. He has secret weapon status IMO. That dude's a triton missile.

But the good thing here is that @dieterbrock will get to see his boy Hopkins. Wouldn't that be some funny shit if Hopkins goes off tonight?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tough one. My gut tells me Harris because I think he is going to be a big, quick target no matter who is throwing to him. Of course, he may not see the field much or at all if they think as highly of him as it seems.

Orr would be another one but without Ramsey and DWill out there, I don't know how good any CB can look unless he makes real splash plays.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Funk has played himself into a key role for us this year. So probably no chance of him playing.

Harris too. He has secret weapon status IMO. That dude's a triton missile.

But the good thing here is that @dieterbrock will get to see his boy Hopkins. Wouldn't that be some funny shit if Hopkins goes off tonight?

Even if we see a key role for them this season, they are rookies and need to get acclimated to the NFL game.

I think you need to play them. Harris especially. He needs game action at TE.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If rookies like Jones, Harris and Funk don't play it gives us an indication they have plans for them when the real games start. I know its McVay's M.O. but how can he know how ready they are without seeing them in real action? I can see it with Rochelle as he's still nursing an injury.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Even if we see a key role for them this season, they are rookies and need to get acclimated to the NFL game.

I think you need to play them. Harris especially. He needs game action at TE.

Yep - I saw that on Monday. Funk didn’t play with the B-squad.Harris was there with Hopkins. They both made catches from Hodges.
Hard to say which CB’s play,but Robert Rochelle might play? #21 will be interesting?

Special teams is going to be huge.I got to practice late.The Rams I believe work on S-teams early chargers we’re working all practice long.giving the big guys extra rest.

X-Jones imo needs to touch the ball.Ottis & Calais will get a lot of playing time. -Funk is still a hard call.I think he might need a couple carries ? Then again hate to see anything go wrong with him.imo he is the 2nd best RB The Rams have healthy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If rookies like Jones, Harris and Funk don't play it gives us an indication they have plans for them when the real games start. I know its McVay's M.O. but how can he know how ready they are without seeing them in real action? I can see it with Rochelle as he's still nursing an injury.

I don’t see how E. Jones doesn’t play.Kenny Young,Kiser,Reeder won’t play. OBo I think he sits? Mcvay said he will sit 30 plus players.

Yes - it will be interesting because there will be only 20 openings.

The 7 OLman will sit. Then there is only 1 or 2 openings.I say 8 OLineman is all The Rams will keep.Coleman Shelton probably pup list.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be appropriate for him to go off tonight.
Being the game is tomorrow

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'll go with Tristen Jackson
Go JJ Koski over T. Jackson.

Blanton might have a good game.

Hodges over Perkins.

Does OBO play ? He caught my eye towards the end of training camp.

Juju he just finds a way to make a play.Then Mcvay alert to this guy no one is talking about or knows. He caught my eye as well #38 Troy Turner.

so look out for Obo,TT,Tutu,Juju & JJ

#’s45,38,15,23, &17.Looks like loto nite

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm going with our backup punter. Whatever the fuck it's name is.

for giving up a PR TD.

My prediction is Chargers special team makes a couple big plays. Turn over,run back ? Something in that regard

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My prediction is Chargers special team makes a couple big plays.
Tvi3jxItlf5RPZ8mbCOjOi9YWq3bL1hFDiyN10Ls2FX6YMznuP9sWTGJtwNcc5EtCn7b4Pg