PREGAME PREGAME THREAD - Rams vs Chargers PREDICTIONS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I"ll take Funk on offense and Orr on the D.

And I DO want that picture of @Loyal ! I have plans. Top secret plans. Involving men in high places. HIGH PLACES!!
I sort of assume that Funk won't touch the field. He's had that sort of camp where McVay will probably protect him.

Hope not, as I want to see him play. But meh.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Ernest Jones on defense. I'm not expecting much on offense but for shits and giggles I'll say Perkins.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stupid McVay and his injury avoidance instincts in preseason. Doesn't he know this used to be our playoffs???

dang

Legend

No need to play anyone already projected to play a significant role during the regular season. Which means those that don’t play are in line for significant roles coming out of the gate. For example if Xavier Jones doesn’t play then he will likely be RB2 at the start of the regular season.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Stafford...Oops sorry i'm not playing the game right but he's gonna light it the fuck up on opening day, and to all his skeptics...
iu

Psycho_X

Legend
My prediction is the game starts at 9PM so I'm probably going to be shit faced by kickoff so I'll be lucky to make it through the whole game before passing out. Going to try my best though.

oldnotdead

Legend
McVay's statement that about 35 players won't play fits with his MO and why I figured only a few players who might get some snaps in the regular season might make a brief appearance. But my outlook has always been that it's the bottom 40% of the roster that plays in preseason. I have seen too many starters go down in meaningless games not to take that possibility seriously. I totally agree with McVay's policy. For Sean to come out and say specifically that about 35 of the projected 53 roster won't play in pre-season really leaves the bottom 16 allowing for STs competition with LS and punters.

It's why he loves scrimmages with other teams. That is where his starters and key rotational guys get their offseason game snaps. A case in point would be Corbett's missed call against Dallas opened Sean's eyes to what Carberry was probably telling him. I think that was the real reason for the change in centers. Up to that point, Sean could see no wrong with Corbett at center. But now they have a better OL with Allen at center and Corbett at RG and the Rams have much better center options to backup Allen with both Corbett and Shelton.

TexasRam

Legend
Hopefully Harris and Funk get some action.

I'll put my money on Funk as the MVP. Harris has to rely on a backup QB and a porous Oline of backups.

I'll pass on the Tidy Whitey pics. :woozy:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just noticed our game is on TV, with good options for a lot of people. Live on NFL Network, for example.

Also, converted this thread to PREGAME stuff. Good chatter in here already.

Los Angeles Chargers at Los Angeles Rams: How to watch, listen and live stream​

Here's how you can watch, listen to and live stream the Chargers at Rams preseason game on Aug. 14.

MATCHUP

The Rams (0-0) host the Chargers (0-0) on Saturday at SoFi Stadium in what will be the first game at the stadium with fans.

Fans in Los Angeles can watch Saturday's game at 7 p.m. pacific time on KABC-7. For fans outside of the local Los Angeles market, Chargers at Rams is LIVE on NFL Network or with NFL Game Pass

WATCH ON TV

TV Coverage: KABC-7 (locally in Los Angeles, plus other TV partners – see below) and NFL Network (national, subject to local blackouts)

Play-by-Play: Andrew Siciliano
Color Analysts: Mina Kimes and Aqib Talib
Sideline reporter: Curt Sandoval

Preseason TV:
ABC7/KABC-TV – Los Angeles
KOAT ABC 7 – Albuquerque, NM
KBFX FOX 58 – Bakersfield, CA
KFRE CW 59 – Fresno/Visalia, CA
KDFX FOX 11 – Palm Springs, CA
KKFX FOX 11 – Santa Barbara/Santa Maria/San Luis Obispo, CA
KSWB FOX 5 – San Diego, CA
KHON FOX 2 – Honolulu, HI
KJZZ 14 – Salt Lake City, UT
KNSN Nevada Sports Net – Reno, NV
KYUR ABC 13 – Anchorage, AK
KATN ABC 2 – Fairbanks, AK
KJUD ABC 8 – Juneau, AK

LISTEN ON RADIO
Local Radio coverage: ESPN LA 710 AM

Play-by-Play: J.B. Long
Color Analyst: Maurice Jones-Drew
Sideline: D'Marco Farr

Available to stream live within 100 miles of Los Angeles on theRams.com and the Rams mobile app.

ESPNLA's affiliate radio stations:
KLSD/1360 AM – San Diego, CA
KKUU - HD2 - Palm Springs, CA
KTIE/590 AM - Riverside/San Bernardino, CA
KAVL/610 AM & 106.7 FM – Lancaster, CA
KSMA/1240 AM & 99.5 FM - Santa Maria, CA
KMET/1490 AM - Banning, CA
Spanish Radio coverage: Tu Liga Radio 1330 AM
Play-by-Play: Troy Santiago
Color Analyst: Ricardo Lopez
Tu Liga Radio's affiliate radio stations:
KTMZ/1220 AM – Pomona, CA
KWAC/1490 AM – Bakersfield, CA
KGST/1600 AM – Fresno, CA
KCAL/1410 AM - Riverside/San Bernardino, CA
KXLM/102.9 FM/KOXR 910 AM - Oxnard/Ventura, CA

SOCIAL MEDIA COVERAGE
Instagram: @rams
Facebook: /rams
Twitter: @RamsNFL

oldnotdead

Legend
I've used my VPN to access the Ram team page. I set them as a team to record along with the Chargers and yes the Hawks. If they record the games I can ditch the VPN and simply login to Hulu to watch the recorded games. I have no problems watching a delayed game. The game is available after it ends live. Being able to follow the Rams watching all their games being in AZ will be just fine with me. Some of my GF's family have converted to Rams fan because of us and will often come up from Agua Prieta and Nogales to watch the game. They are good simple working people and the food they bring is outstanding!!

This count down to the real season is killing me. But I'm glad the preseason has finally arrived.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My prediction is the game starts at 9PM so I'm probably going to be shit faced by kickoff so I'll be lucky to make it through the whole game before passing out. Going to try my best though.
Try to make it to midnight at the very minimum, then you might remember half the game.