PREGAME Pregame Thread - Rams at Ravens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Payback for that 2019 debacle at the Coliseum?
I flew across the Atlantic for that game so I'm ready for some payback!

Also, I'm on a UK Ravens fans podcast later today and will be talking our Rams up.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appears L. Jackson is going to play. I cant imagine he will be as mobile as he typically is but still a boost for them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Even at 75% health that dude is a big run and contain threat. Absolute stud on the ground.

Rams defense should be ready for the passing game, and it will be hard for them to sustain there if our secondary plays well.

McVay needs to not get all greedy on offense here IMO. Cincy's tape is going to have him hyperventilating but IMO Cincy has a stronger passing game than we do. Better protections, better QB (I love Staff but that young stud in Cincy is something), and better WR depth of threats (I think they are four deep including the backfield).

Take your time. Play a little field position and let the offense get into the flow of the game. Shots will be there and I think we can run the ball on the Ravens even though they are good in their run defense. Our OL is really something in the run game make sure they get their chances to fire off.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Huntley has looked very good stepping in for Lamar. I'd rather a gimpy Lamar than a healthy Huntley. We'll see if L. Jackson is hindered at all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Greg Roman's very gifted in simplifying shit for athletic QBs. Been saying for years with a guy like that all you have to do is keep a stable of young QBs who provide good edge threats.

So yeah if we get Huntley he'll be a threat to hurt us. What makes Lamar special is his running gifts. Huntley's not really special but neither was Kaeperdick early in his career. Roman has a way of getting the most from those guys.

Ellard80

Legend
yeah Ravens season is on the line so i expect lamar to try to play...

not sure what % he is.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Lamar was hobbling at practice pretty bad. I honestly don't think he'll play and if he does, he will not be as dangerous running. The guy could barely jog today.
That's a bummer for them.
I saw the video and it didn't look great.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A rusty and wounded Lamar Jackson doesn‘t sound so bad. He wasn’t playing that well before the injury.

The little I’ve seen Huntley… He’s looked poised. Not sure if that changes the more film teams get on him… but he’s looked pretty damn good.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A rusty and wounded Lamar Jackson doesn‘t sound so bad. He wasn’t playing that well before the injury.

The little I’ve seen Huntley… He’s looked poised. Not sure if that changes the more film teams get on him… but he’s looked pretty damn good.

Agree - surprised at who he even was.Thought Hundley from UCLA (GB).

Have a friend who is a UTes Fan. There team was pretty good 2 years ago. Gay,Burgess,Moss to name a few.
That Defense was really good.Thought they had a chance at a National Title run.Oregon beat them in the PAC 12 Championship.
That Chargers QB went off on them.He showed what Top QB looks like at that level.

—I liked how dialed Huntley was at GB to bring them back.Harbaugh has to be better than that. He is the HC. Can’t ask the players if they want to go for it. A player will always say go for it if there a Dawg. Fear not.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Agreed...I've seen him and he looked pretty good to me...I can't really see how Jackson is much if any kind of an upgrade when he could hardly trot from one station to another during practice on the snippet I saw... Of course 3 more days of intense therapy might make a lot of difference...Either way, the weather doesn't sound nearly as bad as it might be the first week in January...I think that helps the Rams...Injuries are a bit of a problem especially Jones but the depth has come up big for several weeks and should do so again...Their pass D is atrocious so one huge key will be whether or not Stafford can shake off last weeks debacle and punish them through the air......I really hope Akers doesn't have to spell Michel much, if at all... D was obviously RAMtastic but can't ask them to carry the O on their shoulders...All in all, very winnable game...I'm feeling pretty good about this week, which is NOT a good thing...LOL !!! GOOOO RRRRAMS !!!!!! I just read this and it's pretty disjointed and rambling...sorry about that...I'm really old...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed...I've seen him and he looked pretty good to me...I can't really see how Jackson is much if any kind of an upgrade when he could hardly trot from one station to another during practice on the snippet I saw... Of course 3 more days of intense therapy might make a lot of difference...Either way, the weather doesn't sound nearly as bad as it might be the first week in January...I think that helps the Rams...Injuries are a bit of a problem especially Jones but the depth has come up big for several weeks and should do so again...Their pass D is atrocious so one huge key will be whether or not Stafford can shake off last weeks debacle and punish them through the air......I really hope Akers doesn't have to spell Michel much, if at all... D was obviously RAMtastic but can't ask them to carry the O on their shoulders...All in all, very winnable game...I'm feeling pretty good about this week, which is NOT a good thing...LOL !!! GOOOO RRRRAMS !!!!!! I just read this and it's pretty disjointed and rambling...sorry about that...I'm really old...

Without Sony The Rams would have been in serious trouble.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Their pass D is atrocious so one huge key will be whether or not Stafford can shake off last weeks debacle and punish them through the air......I really hope Akers doesn't have to spell Michel much, if at all.

Yeah, our offensive run game has been solid of late… but the soft spot on the Ravens might be through the air.

As far as Akers… I still can’t wrap my head around the possibility he plays.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams haven't beaten the Ravens since 2003. We're 2-5 all time against them. Never beaten Harbaugh. Never won in Baltimore.