Predictions for 2nd half of the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
Who knows honestly - but

Mcvay is 6-0 against the cardinals and 4-2 against the Seahawks.

Neither of those teams are to the level of the defensive teams we have been playing.

We have 4 games left with the cardinals and seahawks - the worse honestly i can see us going is 2-2.. but 4-0 is a possibility.

Tampa bay looks like a L... but again you never know. The Jets are bad.... we can see if the 49ners are tanking at that point...the patriots do not look good at all but hoodie good at owning mcvay.

I'd say the low side is 8-9 wins

And the things go our way side with some good bounces is id say 11-12 wins could happen.

I just want to get in the playoffs... i feel like if we can just get in we could be dangerous.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What is it going to take to get more positive predictions??

Oh, I know...

tenor.gif

TexasRam

Legend
Every single year teams lose against worse teams. We must all have short memories or something. Shit happens and its almost always turnovers, game plan, fluke special teams stuff or what we like to call "trap" games. Trap games are lack or mental focus or physical effort because the level of focus isn't at the peak it needs to be.

Think about the Bears game. A legit defense. If we hit a normal field goal and keep pressing towards the end of the third Quarter and through the 4th, we realistically score 34 points or more. That against a top defense.

So, you see, we have the talent to be that same offense that scored 33 pts a game in 2017-2018. This may shock some of you, but we have the same exact QB and coach that mounted high powered offense. It's a matter of focus and relentless desire week in and week out.

I agree we lost some firepower with Gurley in his prime being replaced by Malcom Brown. I have said it before, but Brown is great on goaline and short yardage. But as a WR out of the backfield and a normal back rushing the ball he lacks the elite game breaking ability to convert first downs, pick up huge gains and put stress on the defense. Henderson and Akers need to be use much more heavily.

I also agree with many of you that Mcvay needs to stop being so pass centric. Especially in certain contexts such as the Miami game where they are showing a zero blitz early in the game.

I predict we get to 11 wins. Plus or minus 1. If we are focused we can clean house vs the division the rest of the way. We should also beat NE and NY if we are focused. Tampa will be tough but so was the Bears game.

All that matters right now is getting healthy, making the right adjustments and focusing on playing our A game each week.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
BTW and re: Seattle... I'm very interested in how the Rams scheme it up against Metcalf. The dude is a fucking beast.

Wilson and Metcalfe may end up being the best QB/WR combo since Montana/Rice... which kinda stinks for us. They gonna be a problem for a while...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Unfortunately, I am not processing the agony well with the Rams anymore.
Family can't stand being around me after a loss.
I need to take this shit a lot less seriously, or the 2nd half of the season will result in me not watching it for health and safety.

Open to good advice.

Same, though I shook it off better than the 9ers loss. I fumed and it affected my health a bit. Didn't take nearly as long after the Fins game. Maybe I just chalked it up to shitting the bed and moved on, but I also know that I don't want to put all that negative energy in the room as it really upsets the wife.

So, I'm with ya. I need to let the results lay and not have it determine if I'm too riled up to sleep that night...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If McVay doesn't make some adjustments to the offense then 3-5. My 6-8 preseason win prediction is alive, unfortunately. If McVay finds the answers to beating what Flores did to the offense and what Shanahan did to the defense, then he could get this team to 11 wins. But, that's a big if and I'm sure the Rams will get more of each scheme thrown at them. So, I'll say 9-7.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That's an astute observation and something I keep forgetting, him being winded pretty bad in the hurry-up. I did notice that.

But tbh I'm not a big fan of that anyway. I know it's important to McVay but sometimes it seems like all it accomplishes is a quicker punt. And IMO with Goff I think pushing him on tempo can cause him to not read as well pre-snap, not to mention the stress on comms with some of our players who have been struggling to line up correctly and probably know what they're supposed to be doing. So yeah I'd be ok with that stuff being throttled back a bit.

I love McVay's high standards btw. But he might find himself having to slow things down to better set this offense up for guys like Akers and Jefferson as well as Goff.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
6-2 or 5-3 in the second half...they'll make the playoff's but not the conference final.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dude if they go 6-2 the rest of this sched I might book my travel early for the Super Bowl. :biggrin:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dude if they go 6-2 the rest of this sched I might book my travel early for the Super Bowl. :biggrin:

I think it'll be 6-2 - Niners, Jets and Patriots are all looking like easy wins.

Seahawks and Cards at home we should win.

Then just one of @TB, @AZ @SEA

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Football will be played.

Rams make the playoffs.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Niners are done going to New Orleans next. Even though we have a short week before playing them and they have a bye, we will beat them. They're done without Jimmy.

Falcons/Panthers - done

Lions/Vikings - done

NFC East - done

There are 16 teams in the NFC, and I'm comfortable saying 8 of them are not in the playoff picture - just leave us and the Bears, who we already beat