Predictions for 2nd half of the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seahawks - W - season on the line here

@Tampa Bay - can we just stay in LA and forfeit? Take an extra bye before playing the Niners, avoid a short week (when they have their bye) - this is a guaranteed loss and you may think I'm joking about the forfeit comment, but it would be better for the Rams in the long run if we just stayed home - L

Niners - W - again, season on the line here

@Arizona - W - until they beat McVay, I can't see it

Patriots - W - they're not good

Jets - W

@Seahawks - L

Arizona - W

This would have us at 11-5

4-1 against the division - if we drop one and go 10-6, we will still be in the playoffs. The good news is the only elite defenses we play in the second half are Tampa and the Niners - split those games and we should be good.

Were only really competing for a playoff spot with the Bears and Niners.

Seahawks
Bucs
Packers
Eagles
Saints
Cardinals

Rams vs Bears vs Niners

Vikings, Lions, NFC East, Panthers and Falcons are basically eliminated. We already beat the Bears and they will be losing a slew of games coming up. So if we can beat the Niners in a few weeks, that almost locks us into the playoffs

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't really feel confident enough right now to predict we run the table, though that is certainly possible the way we're playing defense. But yeah that Seattle game looms large doesn't it. If we drop to 5-4 and 0-2 in the division that's going to be tough to come back from.

But one other thing is that Tampa, SF, and Arizona are all top defenses. All those games are going to be tough man. So I do think even if we beat Seattle we're still up against it with a really tough November.

What I really hate is going into the bye on a down note. That always feels like ass. So hope McVay does some soul searching because IMO he needs to make some minor adjustments in snaps on his side of the ball and figure some stuff out.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Personally I'm glad we are going into our bye on this note.
McVay never just shrugs off a loss and this one will have everyone searching their soul and digging deeper.
We could be a new wrinkle or two on offense away from getting everything rolling.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
BTW and re: Seattle... I'm very interested in how the Rams scheme it up against Metcalf. The dude is a fucking beast.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
I'm not so sure the 2nd half will be much better than the first. in fact we might be in for a long hard trudge to 3 and 5. or 8 and 8 when its all said and done.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When its all said and done, I think the defense will ultimately get the Rams into the playoffs.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Beating bad teams and losing to good defensive coaches who continue to expose Mcvays empty sets and these short over the middle routes.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, probably a bad time to answer this....but I do not see better than 8 wins total......maybe 9. I can't believe we have another east coast trip to play the fucking yucks.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do enjoy how fans get mad when we aren't a super bowl team every year. We are a good, not great team this year. It isn't the end of the world. Hopefully we get to the playoffs and make a run. Every team can't be a super bowl contender every year. Next year we should be pretty strong. I don't think we solve the Double A Gap Pressure thing until we upgrade at center. McVey adjusted as the game went on, and we had success moving the ball as the game went on. Hopefully McVey gets better and better at scheming around the weaknesses this team currently has. And our D looks much better than I thought.

Rams77

Starter
I said in another thread that people here were going overboard predicting 13 or 14 wins once we were 2-0 and 4-1. I still thought 10 or 11 wins were a stretch. Right now realistically 3-5 in the 2nd half and 8-8 overall. I think we beat Seattle 1x, Jets, and one of the other 3 divisional games. We fall to NE-Belichek scheme owns us. Tampa Bay rocked us last year without Brady and they are way better now. Just feeling down about this play calling/offensive execution and kicking game.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
As we sit right now, I see us as a 9-7 team. Self inflicted wounds on the offensive side of the ball are starting to pile up. It still seems that the Rams make the same mistakes when defenses are exploiting a weakness. McVay and crew take too long to adjust to what they're doing, or they plain and simple are not ready for it. Example the Dolphins Zero blitzing the hell out of our team. I'm pretty sure some quick slants, screens, WR Bubble screens, and short crossing routes are in the playbook. And if they're not, Mcvay has a long way to go as a play caller.

Much like last year, one week we look like like a playoff team and then the next we look like Fisher's rams. I just don't get it.

TXRams86

The Infamous
This is the way I'm looking at it too. Within our division I only see us able to win a game between the Cardinals OR the Seahawks. Niners have McVay's number. Then a win against the Jets and Patriots. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we're able to split the series between the Hawks and Cardinals both, putting us at 4-4.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
The night before the season started I had us at 11-5

Unfortunately, now I see 10-6 happening.

But that more than likely gets us into the Playoffs ... so that's OK by me.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pain.....
2tzNULc.gif