Predict the 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Alot will change by the start of the regular season, but I would probably go with this:

QB (3)
- Foles, Keenum, Mannion
RB (5) - Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Brown, Reynolds
WR (5) - Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Sasser
FB/TE (3) - Cook, Kendricks, Harkey
OL (9) - Robinson, Saffold, Jones, Brown, Havenstein, Reynolds, Wichmann, Rhaney, Donnal
DL (9) - Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Fairley, Long, Hayes, Sims, Westbrooks, Trinca-Pasat.
LB (6) - Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Ayers, Dunbar, Bates, Hager
DB (10) - Jenkins, Gaines, Johnson, Joyner, Roberson, McDonald, McLeod, Barron, Alexander, Bryant
ST (3) - Zuerlein, Hekker, McQuaide

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sasser over Givens?

Um......no.

I realize the time is fresh and new guys are cool. I also know that Givens needs to show out, But please be realistic

Seems like a realistic possibility to me.

Givens makes too much money to be 5th string and offer next to nothing on special teams.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Givens makes too much money to be 5th string and offer next to nothing on special teams.

I agree. At this point, potential, a fresh contract, and ST contributions are better than keeping Givens.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Will Gurley even count as a roster spot to start the year? I don't think he will.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hard to say if Gurley will be active week 1. For every week he is out, someone gets an extended audition.

I think Givens has an uphill battle to stay on this roster, but I sang the same song last year.

They may carry 3 QBs - hard ons notwithstanding- but I'll bet Mannion is the #2 even if they do.

Cuts are going to be hard this year. And guys are going to be claimed

A55VA6

Legend
Hard to say if Gurley will be active week 1. For every week he is out, someone gets an extended audition.

I think Givens has an uphill battle to stay on this roster, but I sang the same song last year.

They may carry 3 QBs - hard ons notwithstanding- but I'll bet Mannion is the #2 even if they do.

Cuts are going to be hard this year. And guys are going to be claimed
And that's a very good thing. If you have to cut good players, that says something about your roster.

iced

Sasser over Givens?

Um......no.

I realize the time is fresh and new guys are cool. I also know that Givens needs to show out, But please be realistic

that is realistic. The 5th receiver spot usually are specially teamers. Givens isn't going to start above those 4, doesn't bring any ST value, and carries a 1.5 mil cap hit

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Will Gurley even count as a roster spot to start the year? I don't think he will.

I think he'll be on IR until after the bye at least...
Physcially unable to perform (PUP) list but I don't think Gurley will be on the PUP list because he'd have to sit out 6 games and can't practice with the team. I think since he's a rookie, if they think he'll have to sit out 4/5 games they don't place him on the PUP list.

…..

Legend

that is realistic. The 5th receiver spot usually are specially teamers. Givens isn't going to start above those 4, doesn't bring any ST value, and carries a 1.5 mil cap hit

ok ok I give lol I'm not touting Givens as much as I am wondering out loud if Sasser is a better receiver.

The cap and ST really play into it.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Physcially unable to perform (PUP) list but I don't think Gurley will be on the PUP list because he'd have to sit out 6 games and can't practice with the team. I think since he's a rookie, if they think he'll have to sit out 4/5 games they don't place him on the PUP list.
He will start off training camp on the PUP list, and can be activated from that list at anytime during the preseason. IF he remains on the list once the season starts, he misses the first 6 games.

Preseason PUP
A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-season PUP
A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
QB (3) - Foles, Keenum, Mannion
RB (5) - Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Watts, Reynolds
WR (5) - Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Sasser
FB/TE (4) - Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, Bayer
OL (9) - Robinson, Saffold, Jones, Brown, Havenstein, Reynolds, Wichmann, Rhaney, Donnal
DL (9) - Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Fairley, Long, Hayes, Sims, Westbrooks, Trinca-Pasat.
LB (6) - Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Ayers, Dunbar, Bates, Hager
DB (9) - Jenkins, Gaines, Johnson, Joyner, Roberson, McDonald, McLeod, Barron, Alexander
ST (3) - Zuerlein, Hekker, McQuaide

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Yep - PUP I meant :/ but i get what you're saying about the practice etc, they may just sit him out. What worries me is contact during training, we've been shit out of luck when it comes to ACLs :p

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
He will start off training camp on the PUP list, and can be activated from that list at anytime during the preseason. IF he remains on the list once the season starts, he misses the first 6 games.

Preseason PUP
A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-season PUP
A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.

Thanks for the explanation @CoachO :)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here's my prediction:

QB - Foles, Keenum, Mannion.
RB - Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Watts.
WR - Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Ferguson.
TE - Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, Bayer.
OL - Robinson, Brown, Rhaney, Saffold, Havenstein, Wichmann, Donnal, Jones, Reynolds, Barnes.
DL - Quinn, Long, Hayes, Sims, Westbrooks, Donald, Brockers, Fairley, Trinca-Pasat.
LB - Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Ayers, Bates, Hager.
DB - Johnson, Gaines, Jenkins, Joyner, Roberson, McDonald, McLeod, Barron, Alexander, Claiborne.
ST - Zuerlein, Hekker, McQuiade.
This look pretty good, except I would replace Watt with Chase Reynolds! He's better on ST!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here's my prediction:

QB - Foles, Keenum, Mannion.
RB - Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Watts.
WR - Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Ferguson.
TE - Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, Bayer.
OL - Robinson, Brown, Rhaney, Saffold, Havenstein, Wichmann, Donnal, Jones, Reynolds, Barnes.
DL - Quinn, Long, Hayes, Sims, Westbrooks, Donald, Brockers, Fairley, Trinca-Pasat.
LB - Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Ayers, Bates, Hager.
DB - Johnson, Gaines, Jenkins, Joyner, Roberson, McDonald, McLeod, Barron, Alexander, Claiborne.
ST - Zuerlein, Hekker, McQuiade.

I think your proposed 53 is the best, Memento. For whatever that's worth. Lol.

The 5th WR is very much up in the air, but I do agree that Givens is a goner.

The 4th TE is also up for grabs, IMO. Cunningham or Bayer, I mean.

I agree that we must carry 3 QB's. Too many unknowns at that position not to, I'm afraid.

And 10 OL makes a ton of sense due to all the uncertainty that comes with 5 new faces in that position group.

Well done, sir!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
my "guess":

QB (3) Foles, Mannion, Keenum
RB (5) Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Pead, Reynolds
TE (4) Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, J. Cunningham
WR (5) Quick, Britt, Austin, Bailey, Sasser
OL (10) Robinson, Saffold, Barnes, Reynolds, Havenstein, Jones, Rhaney, Wichmann, Brown, Bond
DL (8) Quinn, Long, Hayes, Sims, Brockers, Donald, Fairley, Trinca-Pasat
LB (5) Lauriniatis, Ogletree, Ayers, Bates, Hager
DB (10) Jenkins, Johnson, Gaines, Joyner, McDonald, McLeod, Barron, Bryant, Alexander, Roberson
ST (3) Zuerlein, Hekker, McQuaide

PS: Donnal, Ferguson, Claiborne, Hagen, Brown, Bayer, Malone, Ifedi

Last edited: