Predict the 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
my "guess":

QB (3) Foles, Mannion, Keenum
RB (5) Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Pead, Reynolds
TE (4) Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, J. Cunningham
WR (5) Quick, Britt, Austin, Bailey, Sasser
OL (10) Robinson, Saffold, Barnes, Reynolds, Havenstein, Jones, Rhaney, Wichmann, Brown, Bond
DL (8) Quinn, Long, Hayes, Sims, Brockers, Donald, Fairley, Trinca-Pasat
LB (5) Lauriniatis, Ogletree, Ayers, Bates, Hager
DB (10) Jenkins, Johnson, Gaines, Joyner, McDonald, McLeod, Barron, Bryant, Alexander, Roberson
ST (3) Zuerlein, Hekker, McQuaide

PS: Donnal, Ferguson, Claiborne, Hagen, Brown, Bayer, Malone

No Westbrooks? I'm confused.

Oh, and since you added a practice squad, I figure that I'll add my own:

Longacre, Hagen, Sasser, M. Brown, Malone, Wang, Williams, Bond.

Last edited:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
No Westbrooks? I'm confused.

Oh, and since you added a practice squad, I figure that I'll add my own:

Longacre, Hagen, Sasser, M. Brown, Malone, Wang, Williams, Bond.
No Westbrooks,,, if Trinca-Pasat is the real deal, and a true DT, he beats out Westbrooks, who is still a tweener. And they dont need him.

Memento

Name
Jemma
No Westbrooks,,, if Trinca-Pasat is the real deal, and a true DT, he beats out Westbrooks, who is still a tweener. And they dont need him.

I really think that they do need Westbrooks. They have only two defensive ends and three defensive tackles under contract in your scenario by the end of 2016, and one of those two could be gone in the same year because of the cap (Long). Which would leave us with only one defensive end. We could already be at risk of losing Jenkins and/or Johnson, as well as McLeod, Barron, Foles, Keenum, Zuerlein, and Quick - and possibly Britt if we opt out. We're going to have way too many needs next year to spend three picks on one position. It's simply not feasible to have nothing on the roster or practice squad at defensive end after Quinn, Long, Hayes, and Sims.

As for Westbrooks, he strikes me as a left defensive end who can play the Hayes role. He's big enough and talented enough. While I believe that LTP is the real deal as a backup, we do need Westbrooks, if only because it is very, very likely that we could have nothing but Quinn next year.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I really think that they do need Westbrooks. They have only two defensive ends and three defensive tackles under contract in your scenario by the end of 2016, and one of those two could be gone in the same year because of the cap (Long). Which would leave us with only one defensive end. We could already be at risk of losing Jenkins and/or Johnson, as well as McLeod, Barron, Foles, Keenum, Zuerlein, and Quick - and possibly Britt if we opt out. We're going to have way too many needs next year to spend three picks on one position. It's simply not feasible to have nothing on the roster or practice squad at defensive end after Quinn, Long, Hayes, and Sims.

As for Westbrooks, he strikes me as a left defensive end who can play the Hayes role. He's big enough and talented enough. While I believe that LTP is the real deal as a backup, we do need Westbrooks, if only because it is very, very likely that we could have nothing but Quinn next year.
I dont put nearly as much thought into this as you obviously do.

I said this was my GUESS,,,, not sure why you feel the need to justify YOUR opinion to me.
This is merely an excercise to pass the time until training camp. No one really has any idea, regardless of how much you want to justify.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I dont put nearly as much thought into this as you obviously do.

I said this was my GUESS,,,, not sure why you feel the need to justify YOUR opinion to me.
This is merely an excercise to pass the time until training camp. No one really has any idea, regardless of how much you want to justify.

My apologies then.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Ohhh to pass the time 'till we have something solid to talk about :p

One thing I noticed is there's a lot of 'bubble' players, and to be honest at the moment it's a stab in the dark really and I've given the nod to some newbies, anyway here goes:

QB: (3) Foles, Mannion, Keenum
RB: (5) Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Reynolds, Brown
TE: (3) Cook, Hendricks, Harkey, J. Cunningham
WR: (6) Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Givens, Sasser
OL: (3) Robinson, Havenstein, Donnal
OG: (4) Saffold, Brown, Wichmann, Reynolds
C: (3) Jones, Barnes, Rhaney
DE: (5) Long, Quinn, Hayes, Sims, Westbrooks
DT: (4) Donald, Brockers, Fairley, Trinca-Passat
LB: (5) Lauriniatis, Ogletree, Ayers, Hager, Bates
S: (3) McDonald, Barron, McLeod
CB: (5) JJ, Johnson, Joyner, Gaines, McGee
ST: (3) Hekker, Greg the Leg, McQuaide

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Two guys keep getting left out that I just can't see getting left out:

JoLonn Dunbar and Chase Reynolds. I can't see Hagar beating out Dunbar even due to ST contributions and Reynolds is among our top ST players...

I know Watts is nifty, but he might not make it now that we have Gurley and Mason...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

JoLonn Dunbar and Chase Reynolds. I can't see Hagar beating out Dunbar even due to ST contributions and Reynolds is among our top ST players...

I know Watts is nifty, but he might not make it now that we have Gurley and Mason...
JoLonn was a headache for me, and was one that I swapped for a newbie (Hager) I had to keep Reynolds in though, as you said, he's one of our top ST contributors - will be fun seeing what transcribes over the off-season :)

Memento

Name
Jemma

Dunbar can't play special teams, and he has a pretty big contract. Ayers pretty much took his spot, and even if Ayers goes down, then they're probably going to roll with the 4-2-5 big package (with Barron as a hybrid) as their base.

As for Reynolds, I can see him staying. I can also see him being released.

lockdnram21

Legend
Qb. Foles, Mannion, Davis
RB. Gurly, Mason,Cunningham, Pead, Watts
WR. Britt, Quick, Bailey, Austin, Ferguson
TE. Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, Cunningham
Ol. Robinson, Saffold, Havenstein, Brown, Wchman, Reynolds, Bond, Jones Rhaney , Barnes
DL. Quinn, Donald, Long, Brockers, Fairley, Sims, Hayes, Westbrooks
Lb. Ogletree, Laurintis, Ayers, Bates, Hager
Db. Jenkins, Johnson, Gaines, Joyner, Roberson, Mcleod, Bryant, McDonald, Barron, Alexander
St. Hekker, Zurlin, McQuaide

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
QXsGrLB.jpg

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
my "guess":

QB (3) Foles, Mannion, Keenum
RB (5) Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Pead, Reynolds
TE (4) Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, J. Cunningham
WR (5) Quick, Britt, Austin, Bailey, Sasser
OL (10) Robinson, Saffold, Barnes, Reynolds, Havenstein, Jones, Rhaney, Wichmann, Brown, Bond
DL (8) Quinn, Long, Hayes, Sims, Brockers, Donald, Fairley, Trinca-Pasat
LB (5) Lauriniatis, Ogletree, Ayers, Bates, Hager
DB (10) Jenkins, Johnson, Gaines, Joyner, McDonald, McLeod, Barron, Bryant, Alexander, Roberson
ST (3) Zuerlein, Hekker, McQuaide

PS: Donnal, Ferguson, Claiborne, Hagen, Brown, Bayer, Malone, Ifedi

Couple of questions CoachO......

Does Blake have a chance of beating out Sasser? To me they have very similar skill sets and Blake was more productive as Wr and has ST skills.

Am I correct in thinking you believe Bayer has less upside as a blocker than Cunnigham.

Thanks

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Couple of questions CoachO......

Does Blake have a chance of beating out Sasser? To me they have very similar skill sets and Blake was more productive as Wr and has ST skills.

Am I correct in thinking you believe Bayer has less upside as a blocker than Cunnigham.

Thanks
First. I think many seem to be selling Sasser short. He was the go to guy in an otherwise lackluster passing attack at Missouri and still out up some very good numbers. He can be a physical receiver and isn't afraid to go up and make contested catches. I think he is an example of someone who doesn't blow up a stop watch or impress with his measurables. But he just makes plays.

Bayer is no where near the blocker Cunningham is. And I like Bayer. But they used Cunningham in the backfield alot more than Bayer in camp last year. I see him being used in a similar role to Harkey. He missed a significant amount of time with an ankle (I believe). Or I think he would have made the roster out of camp. He's also under rated as a pass catcher.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Has everyone forgot last year in preseason how good Alex Bayer looked? I understand Cunningham is a better blocker, but he could not catch a cold...Bayer beat him out last year and my money is on the former Falcon from Bowling Green!

lockdnram21

Legend
First. I think many seem to be selling Sasser short. He was the go to guy in an otherwise lackluster passing attack at Missouri and still out up some very good numbers. He can be a physical receiver and isn't afraid to go up and make contested catches. I think he is an example of someone who doesn't blow up a stop watch or impress with his measurables. But he just makes plays.

Bayer is no where near the blocker Cunningham is. And I like Bayer. But they used Cunningham in the backfield alot more than Bayer in camp last year. I see him being used in a similar role to Harkey. He missed a significant amount of time with an ankle (I believe). Or I think he would have made the roster out of camp. He's also under rated as a pass catcher.
I'm intrigued by Fergusons measurables I admit also he just seems like another Quick without using the 2nd round pick. I think he could be a sleeper. But wouldn't be mad if Sasser got last spot.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I'm intrigued by Fergusons measurables I admit also he just seems like another Quick without using the 2nd round pick. I think he could be a sleeper. But wouldn't be mad if Sasser got last spot.
Until I see otherwise. Ferguson is no different than Rodney Radway from 2 years ago. He was the darling of the "measurables" crowd. 6'3 and ran a sub 4.4. But he couldn't run a route with a road map and couldn't catch a cold. But boy, he sure was big and fast. And out of football!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Has everyone forgot last year in preseason how good Alex Bayer looked? I understand Cunningham is a better blocker, but he could not catch a cold...Bayer beat him out last year and my money is on the former Falcon from Bowling Green!
Bayer is the better receiver. No question. But I also think if Cunningham hadn't missed as much time as he did, things may have been different in terms of who "beat out" whom.

lockdnram21

Legend
Until I see otherwise. Ferguson is no different than Rodney Radway from 2 years ago. He was the darling of the "measurables" crowd. 6'3 and ran a sub 4.4. But he couldn't run a route with a road map and couldn't catch a cold. But boy, he sure was big and fast. And out of football!
Well I kind of like Sasser but think he will have trouble getting open. Also what's up with his physical? I don't know about routes but from what I've read or heard Ferguson has good hands. If he can stretch the field he can grow into a better route runner.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bayer is the better receiver. No question. But I also think if Cunningham hadn't missed as much time as he did, things may have been different in terms of who "beat out" whom.

IMO Cunningham seemed lost running his routes as well and maybe that also factored in to why he dropped so many balls. Bayer is able to separate from coverage and has great hands and does offer something extra from a special team standpoint because he can long snap in case of an injury to McQuaide.

In fact if Kendricks was not resigned I felt Bayer would get on the field more, IMO, Bayer should improve as a blocker and beat out Cunningham again, but it's not going to be easy, because I have a feeling Boras loves Cunningham and I have no information to support my opinion just seems they keep bringing him back.