(Poll) What do you think about the Rams BIG draft move?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How do you feel about the Rams moving up to #1 in the draft?

• I'm ecstatic!!!

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • I'm cautiously optimistic

Votes: 67 43.2%
  • I have a bad feeling about this

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I hate it!!!

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
You're welcome to your opinion and I'm not even going to call you names.

Obviously no one thought Brady was worth 1 first round or even a 5th. And Rodgers went what 26th? So you can't go 10 years into their career and say hey look what those guys are worth, they were not #1 overall. On the other hand Bradford was #1 overall how'd that work out?

You said, and I quote, "No player is worth 2 1st round picks." I'm telling you that every coach in the NFL would agree that a legitimate franchise QB is easily worth those picks and guys like Brady and Rodgers are worth even more.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Oh did people have problems with it? I thought it was a good tongue in cheek pop culture reference, hence the like.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Mere mortal words cannot describe how much I love this deal. Ecstatic doesn't begin to describe how giddy I am.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I love being a Ram Fan right now !!!

I love the trade.

My QB Envy is finally going to be cured... that shit is nasty btw.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
image.gif

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'll be ecstatic after we draft a QB. I believe that Snead and Fisher will do the right thing and draft one, but I wouldn't put it past them to draft someone else. Gurley and Donald were surprise picks to most.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Rams just blew up everyone's draft. I love it. Damn, we like that attention during draft time. Now, let's get the best fit for our team, both are upgrades at our QB position, and slay some NFL teams this year.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
How many heads explode if they pull Myles Jack's card at #1????? :headexplosion::rant::death:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Rams just blew up everyone's draft. I love it. Damn, we like that attention during draft time. Now, let's get the best fit for our team, both are upgrades at our QB position, and slay some NFL teams this year.
That's where the real controversy will explode, Wentz or Goff? Goff or Wentz??

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You said, and I quote, "No player is worth 2 1st round picks." I'm telling you that every coach in the NFL would agree that a legitimate franchise QB is easily worth those picks and guys like Brady and Rodgers are worth even more.
Well I'm telling you no team in the league thought Brady was worth even a 5th round pick and Rogers lasted nearly to the second round so your opinion that they were worth 2 1st round picks is wrong, no one made those trades to get these guys. It's easy to cherry pick after they have had a great year and say "gee those guys are great! They would have been worth 5 first round picks."

Reality

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-gets-jerry-jones-bold-move-seal-of-approval/

Rams trade for top pick gets Jerry Jones bold move seal of approval
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 15, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptnhzwiwmgq5mtq0ywe3ngqxmzjjodnhnmjizdmymtm5-e1446865341775.jpeg
AP

When the Rams were orchestrating their bold move to Los Angeles, one of their biggest proponents was Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

And after seeing them trade for the top pick in the 2016 NFL Draft so they could take a quarterback, Jones could only smile and nod in approval at yet another big move.

I was surprised, but knowing the organization I’m not surprised,” Jones said, via Todd Archer of ESPN.com. “They’re really showing their colors. Step out there and go to Los Angeles, and then when you look at how they’re setting their sails and it doesn’t surprise me at all with what they’re looking for in the future. It goes to show you certainly need to be thinking about your moves way in advance of the draft if you’re going to go this early. I applaud them. It sounds like they got [what] they wanted.

“Then you’ve got to look at Tennessee and see all those draft picks. I didn’t know Herschel Walker was still around.”

Of course, Jones’ team turned the Herschel Walker haul into the foundation for three Super Bowl titles, and it remains to be seen if having six of the top 76 picks (plus an extra first and third next year) will do the same for Tennessee.

The deal is going to have an impact on the Cowboys one way or another. They’re in need of a quarterback of the future, though they insist Tony Romo still has several good years left. But even if they’re not taking one fourth overall, having people jump in front of them to take one could push a better position player down to them, which could allow them a chance at a Jalen Ramsey or Ezekiel Elliott or Joey Bosa.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...f-will-work-out-for-jerry-jones-this-weekend/

Jared Goff will work out for Jerry Jones this weekend
Posted by Josh Alper on April 15, 2016

495912414-e1460717569822.jpg
Getty Images

There’s a decent chance that Cal quarterback Jared Goff is off the board two picks into this month’s draft, a scenario that would put him out of reach of the Cowboys unless Dallas trades up from the No. 4 spot in the order.

The Cowboys will spend this weekend arming themselves with information about Goff should the chance to select him arise. Owner Jerry Jones and others from the team’s brass will work Goff out in Berkeley.

“[Goff] operates in a pretty place,” Jones said, via ESPN.com. “I like to have that excuse to go out there. No, seriously, we are going to go do a workout this weekend. It’ll be Goff, out there before their spring game.”

The Cowboys have sent a variety of messages about the possibility of drafting a quarterback in the first round as they’ve alternately talked about the chance to groom a quarterback behind Romo and their belief that Romo has years to go before he’ll need to be replaced as the starter.

Jones focused on the latter in the most recent round of comments, citing Brock Osweiler’s departure from Denver as a free agent this offseason as a potential outcome that offers little return to the team.

“I can give you a real scenario where it can be real problematic if we do what we want to do, and that’s have Romo play fairly injury free and uninterrupted for the next three, four, five years,” Jones said. “Let’s just go three, four, five. If he plays uninterrupted, then you’ve got a problem if you’ve picked a quarterback this year because you don’t know what you got really at a time when he may be entering the markets. There’s an example of that this year, and so that’s one of the things you weigh if you’re in our shoes about whether to get interested in a quarterback this early in Romo’s career.”

At the very least, the Cowboys need to find a backup for Romo that leaves them in better hands should injury strike again in the future. The fourth pick might be early for such an addition, although the point could be moot before Dallas is on the clock.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...st-non-fbs-no-1-pick-since-ed-too-tall-jones/

Carson Wentz would be first non-FBS No. 1 pick since Ed “Too Tall” Jones
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on April 14, 2016

2463090.jpg
Getty Images

By moving up to the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams almost certainly put themselves in a position to grab a quarterback with the top selection in the draft.

It remains uncertain whether Cal quarterback Jared Goff or North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz is the passer the Rams covet the most at this point.

But if Wentz is selected with the first pick of the draft, he’d become the first player from a non-FBS school to be taken with the first pick in the draft in over 40 years. In 81 years of the NFL Draft, Wentz would become just the fifth No. 1 overall pick to be selected from a non-Division I school.

The last such player to come from the FCS level, or lower, was in 1974 when the Dallas Cowboys selected defensive end Ed “Too Tall” Jones out of Tennessee State.

Defensive end John Matuszak was taken No. 1 overall in 1973 out of Division II Tampa by the Houston Oilers.

Jones and Matuszak are the only two top picks to come from the lower levels of college football in the Super Bowl era.

Chuck Bednarik was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in 1949 out of Penn and the first ever NFL Draft selection, Jay Berwanger, was selected by the Eagles in 1936 from Division III Chicago.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I voted cautiously optimistic.

And here's my 2 cents worth on the deal:

Yeah, they gave up a lot -- but that's obviously what it takes to jump 14 slots in the draft. When was the last time a team moved up from the 15th spot (or later) to land the 1st overall pick (has it even been done before, jumping 14+ spots in the first round?) Keep in mind that in 2012, the Skins were moving up from the 6th spot to land at pick 2. Considering what the Rams got from that deal, I think what the Rams had to give up this year was considerably less.

Secondly, I'm not the least bit surprised that Fisher/Snead went all in -- this is Year 5 of their regime, and they've avoided the hot seat thus far. But another .500 or worse season could spell the end for at least one, if not both, of them. So in that context, I totally get why threw caution to the wind this year at the expense of next year's draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I'm telling you no team in the league thought Brady was worth even a 5th round pick and Rogers lasted nearly to the second round so your opinion that they were worth 2 1st round picks is wrong, no one made those trades to get these guys. It's easy to cherry pick after they have had a great year and say "gee those guys are great! They would have been worth 5 first round picks."

Reality
The difference is you said player and not draft pick. There are several players worth it. Draft picks and yes you have a valid discussion.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The difference is you said player and not draft pick. There are several players worth it. Draft picks and yes you have a valid discussion.
What is a draft pick if it is not a player????