(Poll) What do you think about the Rams BIG draft move?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How do you feel about the Rams moving up to #1 in the draft?

• I'm ecstatic!!!

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • I'm cautiously optimistic

Votes: 67 43.2%
  • I have a bad feeling about this

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I hate it!!!

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
In my opinion we gave up way too much to gamble on one player that may or may not work out. The draft is a crapshoot and I don't think any of the top QB's are worth it. On the other hand, that position is our biggest weakness and something major had to be done about it sooner or later. Vote and tell us why you voted that way.

Ram Man

Rookie
In the future, when you see a list of worst draft trades ever, this one will be on the list. Count on it. A total disaster for the Rams.

ausmurp

Starter
I've heard wispers that Wentz is the true best qb to come out since Luck. I hope they're accurate wispers.

Jrry, now that we know what the Rams will do with the 1st overall pick - Wentz or Goff - can you give us your scouting of both and which you like better?

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Its a QB driven league. If the rams found their man, well worth it. Besides, what have the last 4 years of draft picks delivered other than 7-8-1. What would more of the same have delivered? They have enough talent to win-just need a QB. Gutsy, but nothing risked, nothing gained.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'm optimistic. I'll feel a whole lot better about it if we can somehow get a 2 or 3rd rounder back this year by trading one of our other QBs.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I love Wentz but it's a lot of picks to give up. If it doesn't pan out it will sting for a while.

Deal is done now so gotta get on board.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm optimistic. I'll feel a whole lot better about it if we can somehow get a 2 or 3rd rounder back this year by trading one of our other QBs.

LOL. I wish too but we're lucky to get a 5th rounder for Foles at this point.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Cautiously optimistic because we actually pulled the damn trigger! Wish we could have kept a second rounder but we now will HAVE a QB!

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
In the future, when you see a list of worst draft trades ever, this one will be on the list. Count on it. A total disaster for the Rams.

So are you just going to bitch about this trade on every thread? I understand if you don't like it but chill out.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
So are you just going to bitch about this trade on every thread? I understand if you don't like it but chill out.
In all fairness, this thread did ask for input on how everyone felt about the trade.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I put down ecstatic because I believe in go big or go home. I love there's only 2 outcomes to this, colossal brilliance or colossal choke. Beats being mired in perpetual mediocrity like we have been and would've been.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
just wish they kept at least a 2nd. Ive long felt this could be the last draft this team needs to fill out their roster and was hoping they'd give up future picks for a better 2016 draft, but not having a 2nd kinda hurts that. still happy though

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Cautiously optimistic because we actually pulled the damn trigger! Wish we could have kept a second rounder but we now will HAVE a QB!
That's exactly my feelings. If we still had a 2nd, we could get a pretty decent WR but now that looks doubtful. Bright side is the 4th and 6th we got are the second picks of the rounds. Of course, we are always going to want a little more but keeping a 2nd would of made me really happy with this trade.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
In all fairness, this thread did ask for input on how everyone felt about the trade.

I understand and he has every right to his opinion. But he's made about 7 different posts on multiple threads over exaggerating and saying this is the worst trade in the history of everything. It's just redundant.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I dunno, I think Wentz will be OK, but not worth what it took to move up to the first pick. Many will argue that average QB play is all we need. But I think the team gave up way too much, especially this particular group that has trouble identifying good offensive players at the skills positions. Also, that troll job that Fisher pulled on the Redskins a few years ago reeks of karma. Oh boy, Hard Knocks is gonna be goooood this year!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
That's exactly my feelings. If we still had a 2nd, we could get a pretty decent WR but now that looks doubtful. Bright side is the 4th and 6th we got are the second picks of the rounds. Of course, we are always going to want a little more but keeping a 2nd would of made me really happy with this trade.
The 4th round pick is actually pick #15 in that round.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I think everyone agrees that on its face of course the Rams "gave up too much". I posted before an article analyzing that first round trade-ups for QBs seldom work in the trader's favor. If you add up the value on both sides of the ledger, the one QB gained versus all the potential players lost is almost always a bad deal -- but it's also a fact that a couple times it resulted in a Super Bowl for that team even if they "lost" the trade.

So sometimes you throw the math out and realize, yes they paid too much because they had to get a QB and that's what it cost. Here we have to factor the state of the team and where we've been for the past 5 years to the math. And in the end the question is, what is worth giving up for a chance at the playoffs and Super Bowl?