Poll: The Best QB to Come of of Southern Cal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Best SC QB's to Play in the NFL

• Total voters

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Definitely Carson Palmer but Haden isn't as terrible as Den makes him out to be.

Haden was a decent back-up who was forced to start due to the owner.
Oh IDK @Tano I just don’t know. Haden was horrendous in post season, in fact, he even apologized to Jack Youngblood for it.

oldnotdead

Legend
I can't believe you forgot John Elway. His family moved to the San Fernando Valley when John's father became the coach of the Northridge Matadors. John went to Granada Hills HS and was an arrogant asshole even then. He was there when my half sister was there and she knew him.

Does Andrew Luck count? He grewup in TX but went to Stanford.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't believe you forgot John Elway. His family moved to the San Fernando Valley when John's father became the coach of the Northridge Matadors. John went to Granada Hills HS and was an arrogant asshole even then. He was there when my half sister was there and she knew him.

Does Andrew Luck count? He grewup in TX but went to Stanford.

No, they don't count. We're talking Southern Cal the college, not the part of the state.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I voted for him.

I didn’t start watching the NFL until 1985, so missed his career, but I have seen enough footage and read enough about him online to believe that he was better than Palmer.

People tend to display enormous recency bias in such votes; I prefer to do my homework.
Nope Haden wasn't better than Palmer and I had season tickets during the Haden era.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Definitely Carson Palmer but Haden isn't as terrible as Den makes him out to be.

Haden was a decent back-up who was forced to start due to the owner.
Haden lover! ~ @den-the-coach

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I voted for him.

I didn’t start watching the NFL until 1985, so missed his career, but I have seen enough footage and read enough about him online to believe that he was better than Palmer.

People tend to display enormous recency bias in such votes; I prefer to do my homework.
Screenshot_20240303_081818_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240303_081853_Chrome.jpg

Not sure what homework you did or if your dog ate it, but you get an F on this assignment.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never been a big fan of USC or their quarterbacks so I did a little research on this topic and came up with this. Jimmy Jones a black quarterback that went to Canada as Warren Moon did, to play professionally, when the NFL wasn't employing blacks at that position (or colleges for that matter). Maybe not their best quarterback but did hold up well under the pressure of being one of the first African Americans to play the position and did win a Grey Cup for the Alouettes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDnoizfYnrk&t=21s

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I saw palmer in person when he was on the raiders.
Meh.
Worst stretch of his career with a terrible organization.
First years with Cincy, pre-knee.. and late-career with a real OC and coach. That AZ offense was really fun.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll take “loaded polls” for $500 Alex

Palmer in a virtual no contest

In the conversation for “2nd best NFL QB” I’d suggest Matt Cassel

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
I think a better poll / question would have been "Which QB that played college football in the state of Oregon, and played NFL football in Southern California was the best?"