Poll: Should the Super Bowl be moved permanently to Saturdays?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the Super Bowl be moved to Saturday permanently?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BoBo

UDFA
Name
Paulie
It would only matter to me if the Rams are playing. I was pretty much sober for the game - much more so after the outcome. I wasn't wasting alcohol on that game.

But yeah... not a bad idea.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
In my support for the troops I'm going to have to say no still. Many, probably most, units in the Army get the morning off Monday after the Super Bowl. Probably in the other services too. I cannot, in good conscience, endorse taking more time off away from service members. Take one for the team, corporate America.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info man. But do have a question. If they get the morning off on Monday, why couldn't they just switch it to Sunday morning if the SB was played on Saturday. I'm thinking it would also give non football fans a chance to worship too?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info man. But do have a question. If they get the morning off on Monday, why couldn't they just switch it to Sunday morning if the SB was played on Saturday. I'm thinking it would also give non football fans a chance to worship too?

Because they don't work on Sundays in garrison. When you're deployed you don't get crap off, holiday, Superbowl, whatever. In garrison it's Monday through Friday from whatever insane time in the morning (usually 6:30, but not always) to whatever God awful time they decide you can go home at night (supposedly 5 PM but not usually).

Post Superbowl Monday though, they almost always let us come in at 9. Once while stationed in Germany they had us come in at noon. That was the best.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
No, but the Mondays after the Super Bowl should be recognized as a national holiday.