Poll: Should the Super Bowl be moved permanently to Saturdays?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the Super Bowl be moved to Saturday permanently?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Change the day of the Superbowl so people can drink more, is that the only reason here? Leave it on Sunday where it has been forever. Why are we always wanting to change stuff?
no it would just mean not having to sit up to 3.30am withe work the next morning ... (for me anyway)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like the idea of Saturday SB! Then Sunday could be a Day-of-Rest!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Less people watch TV on Saturday so less advertising revenue so never going to happen.
And besides if you can't get on a package Sunday evening and not show up at work Monday you might be a Seahag fan.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Monday after the SB is historically the highest % of people calling out sick or showing up late for work
Moving the game to Saturday would enhance the whole weekend and the rating would be great.
Heck, you could re-play the game again on Sunday and it will still be highest rated show
It does make too much sense, which is why it wont happen.....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The first half Friday night. The 3d quarter on Saturday and the 4th quarter on Sunday, like the draft. That way the NFL could dominate TV and radio ratings for three days and have 300 commercials instead of only 100. That's what the NFL is all about these days anyway, right? Plus fans would have an excuse to party longer, not that they need one.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif

bnw

Pro Bowler
I voted yes. Moving it to saturday would be much better for the nations economy having sunday to recover. Plus the kids can stay up later in the east to watch the game with no school the next day.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Speaking as someone who went to a reasonably important meeting on two hours sleep this morning I say yes. At the very least make it earlier on Sunday... it was nearly a midnight kick off over here.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Just suck it up the next day. It's the last Sunday before you're forced to do chores around the house. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next Sunday.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm 50 now and I usually take the day after Super Bowl off, however, I had a major presentation this morning and had to be in attendance at ringside and be my jovial entertaining self after the Patriots proved once again to be the Antichrists.

Anyway I would be in favor now, but at 25 totally against it. Saturday night is too important to the youth, keep on Sunday Nights, but I sure do miss the 4;30 starts back in the day. Guess I need to make a move out west to keep things more on an even scale.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just suck it up the next day. It's the last Sunday before you're forced to do chores around the house. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next Sunday.
Sign up for the "ROD Mock Draft" and start plotting your Draft selection!!(y)(y):D

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I'm 50 now and I usually take the day after Super Bowl off, however, I had a major presentation this morning and had to be in attendance at ringside and be my jovial entertaining self after the Patriots proved once again to be the Antichrists.

Anyway I would be in favor now, but at 25 totally against it. Saturday night is too important to the youth, keep on Sunday Nights, but I sure do miss the 4;30 starts back in the day. Guess I need to make a move out west to keep things more on an even scale.

Hell if I was 25 again, I'd say Saturday night all the way. Talk about a hellacious party now. :cool:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Saturday gets my vote. I vote for logic. I mean c'mon, how stupid is Sunday? People have to work, unless you're a snow flake? If keeping it on Sunday, start it at 3:00 PM EST so folks on west coast have a decent starting time too.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I have a thought here which would be good for college football and the NFL combined.. Why not expand the college playoff system, and play the NCAA championship game the Saturday before the Super Bowl. Talk about a football feast for those two weeks. :cool: I'm thinking the NFL would say it takes too much away from SB though. media wise? Constructive criticism is more than welcomed.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
In my support for the troops I'm going to have to say no still. Many, probably most, units in the Army get the morning off Monday after the Super Bowl. Probably in the other services too. I cannot, in good conscience, endorse taking more time off away from service members. Take one for the team, corporate America.