(Poll) Goff or Wentz. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB do you want?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• Don't care. I'm just here to troll the board

Results are only viewable after voting.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Probably about time to re-poll this.

62520869.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
It's Goff !!!! , it's Wentz !!! , It's Goff !!!!! . It's Wentz !!!

giphy.gif

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I didn't want to start my own thread, over the same topic, so I decided that I would just post this in here.

I watched the Cal at Utah game today. I've read multiple times that it is Goff's worst game and I had watched his 5 int's in other videos.

That being his worst game. I came away from it still with glowing thoughts of him playing for us.
1. He really showed off his pocket awareness in this game.
2. He took off to gain a couple of first downs, although a couple times he didn't slide.
3. He was hammered all game and just continued to go at. . . There were only a couple throws where I thought his throw came out innaccurate due to hearing steps.
4. He threw 5 ints! And still just coming at it! They still had a chance at the game in the last minute. A real shot. And the loss is not on Goff. It's on the team.
5. From the start of the game the commentaters were talking about how he had basically no run game and a terrible offensive line. Yet they were still in the game.
6. He just drops dimes. He does.
7. His feet are unbelievable. There was even once I saw him take a hit after throwing the ball and couldn't believe how well he maintained his footing as he was driven back and taken down.
8. One comparison comment. You really notice how much tighter the windows are that Goff is throwing into as compared to Wentz.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think passing on running plays helped Goff with his pocket movement a lot. Most qb's would get happy feet and Bulger syndrome fast, but he adapted and learned. Not an easy thing for a college QB, nor an nfl QB. That is a special trait to be able succeed in those circumstances. Get him blocking and not 4 guys coming at him and he is going to be in heaven and successful.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I guess a number
9. He also had no special teams game. They were lining him up on punting formations and commenting about how he short punts sometimes. They also said their coach stated he wouldn't attempt a field outside of 28. WHAT!?

I'll be happy with either guy. I really will.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I said it in another thread...but I'll say it again here:

This guy resembles my opinion:

Watching this guy makes me want to punch him in the face. Not because he likes wentz over goff, but because he is a douche. Better athlete over luck AND Newton? really?
He doesnt mention any of the good attributes Goff has, just amplifies Wentz's.
If i met this guy at a bar and struck up a conversation id walk away so I didnt beat his douchebag face in.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Watching this guy makes me want to punch him in the face. Not because he likes wentz over goff, but because he is a douche. Better athlete over luck AND Newton? really?
If i met this guy at a bar and struck up a conversation id walk away so I didnt beat his douchebag face in.
He doesn't mention the scouts who think Goff will be better and doesn't give any other solid facts why Wentz is superior other then the fact that "he has potential". Well duh, every player has potential. Plus Schein is obnoxiously loud and annoying so...

By the way, solid Archer reference in your signature! I just noticed it. (y)

Logy

UDFA
Name
Logy

I'll be honest, I couldn't watch the video. Not that it didn't work, but rather his overwhelming vinegar aroma made me stop. I did get as far as to hear how he had contact with numerous GMs which I assume is true only if he actually meant he eats General Mills cereal. But getting to the point, if he said that Wentz is a better athlete than Luck or Newton then all his arguments are clearly the rantings of a crazy person. Sure Wentz looked great running roughshod over the Lollipop Guild, but would it look the same if he had faced stiffer competition?

Last edited:

jap

Legend
Tavon to Carson & Jerad: "All I need for you to find me consistently against the tall DB's of Seattle, especially going deep. If you can do that and hand off the Gurley Express!, we're going to the Show every damn season. Book it!!!"

RamWoodie

Legend
I hadn't been very active on ROD because of work but I been doing some homework on the draft. When the Rams made the trade up...I really started to dig on Goff and Wentz.

I could be wrong, but I think Fisher is going to go with Wentz. While so many are assuming he goes with Goff, I think they'll be surprised when the Rams choose Wentz.

Mayock says here:
Here's the entire link:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...goffwentz-every-bit-as-good-as-winstonmariota

I don't knock Goff...let's get that out there first. I just think Wentz is the best QB in the draft.

This is Phil Simms on "The Herd" speaking on the best QBs:

Last edited:

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I just like that Wentz has:
-size
-arm strength
-worked under center
-called and adjusted plays on field
-seems more competitive and aggressive than Goff

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Been Wentz since day 1 , now I am double guessing myself after watching them both talk to Gruden. Got to say ill be happy either way because both are a big upgrade from last years joke of an offense we ran. But I saw Goff as a quiet kid and he is actually really well spoken and smart. Wentz kind of seemed like a know it all and that can hurt a QB when it comes to taking advice and growing. I Want Wentz because he can run and is a big strong guy but man Goff has a big arm too and is deadly accurate under pressure. I AM SO HYPED FOR THURSDAY, This day makes or breaks the next few years.