(Poll) Goff or Wentz. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB do you want?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• Don't care. I'm just here to troll the board

Results are only viewable after voting.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
No. Wentz will not be a runner at the NFL level. Like Blake Bortles or Andrew Luck, he'll be a threat to pick-up yardage with his legs if he gets outside the pocket or gets a seam. But you're not drafting him to run. You're drafting him to be a pocket passer. And there's more than enough film out there that shows he has that ability. He has some mechanical flaws in the lower body similar to the ones Blake Bortles and Jameis Winston had coming out. They've improved during the pre-draft process but he'll need to continue to progress. And yes, he'll have to work on his pocket movement and footwork.

That all said, these are things that can be developed and are often developed. Wentz has a lot of things that can't be taught along with a very rare athletic skill-set.(6'5" 237 with mobility and a rifle for an arm) Wentz has the mental acuity, accuracy, and instincts need to be great. He's not as polished as Goff but given time, that'll come. I do prefer Goff because Goff is more polished but if Wentz is the pick, people will end up being very happy with the pick. Wentz has a ton of upside and is already a very talented QB.
With all due respect, in my view at least Goff has ability much more than "polish," especially accuracy and quick release. I know the word polish is used a lot to mean training and experience, and qb's can and do get better, but some things I think either you have or you don't.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't see that capability. I just checked.

Will dig into it further this weekend.

Whoever starts a poll, has the option to allow changing the vote after is it made.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Championship game, coming back from injury...
giphy.gif

This dude is a winner.

Yes. Yes he is.

It pains me that Eagles fans will be cheering for him... ugh. I mean what are the choices? Dallas, SF or the Eagles? Dammit!!!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
With all due respect, in my view at least Goff has ability much more than "polish," especially accuracy and quick release. I know the word polish is used a lot to mean training and experience, and qb's can and do get better, but some things I think either you have or you don't.

Polish is also used to communicate with people from Krakow. It's also used to describe a type of sausage.

Oh, wait... nevermind....

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I guess that makes Wentz a type of sausage???

Where'd this go???

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Repeat after me:

Wentz makes sense!
Wentz makes sense!
Wentz makes sense!

(Now click your heels together like Dorothy).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wentz is a plenty accurate QB. And while Goff's release is quicker, it's not enough of a difference for me to make mention of it in a summation like that.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Repeat after me:

Wentz makes sense!
Wentz makes sense!
Wentz makes sense!

(Now click your heels together like Dorothy).

If only it were that easy.

And how did you know I liked Judy Garland?

What? I do. I watched Easter Parade recently...and LIKED IT.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And how did you know I liked Judy Garland?

What? I do. I watched Easter Parade recently...and LIKED IT.
Nuthin wrong with young Judy. She was hot, and she had those intangibles that you can't coach, .just like Wen...
Nevermind.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
No matter how you slice this thing, the 2016 draft to this point has certainly been interesting.

I honestly feel for Browns fans. Browns management seems to be a ship without a rudder.

I honestly hope no QB goes to the Browns.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Marshall Faulk grew up a Saints fan, and that didn't stop me from welcoming him aboard!
As an old school Rams fans, I hate the Saints and Falcons almost as much as the Niners
NFC Coastal division!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Wentz is a plenty accurate QB. And while Goff's release is quicker, it's not enough of a difference for me to make mention of it in a summation like that.
The quick release and accuracy seem critical to me, especially after watching Nick Foles. Wentz has an elite arm, and can get the ball down field or to a sideline out more quickly in terms of air time, but Goff's quick release should help make up for that and in my view be more important on short passes. Be interesting to seem some timing of the two on various routes, both release and air time. Take your pick, different strengths.

DB16

UDFA
Name
Dennis B.
Wentz is leading? I'm shocked. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Wentz supporter, but I figured most Rams fans wanted Goff. Guess I was wrong. Good!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good news . Both know it alls from First Take don't think either one is worth the first or second picks . That means both will be good . I vote Wentz