Poll finds large majority of Native Americans are OK with “Redskins”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I have heard that name used in a derogatory manner growing up. It's a dirty word to me.

Snyder can name his team what he wants, I'm just not going to dignify the name by using it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And I love the "Bravehearts" idea but it's probably principal with Snyder at this point and I can't say I blame him too much. Somebody has to say enough is enough.

It's probably mostly about protecting a brand that brings in lots of money through merchandising. Imagine if the Rams couldn't be associated with horns because someone was offended.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Because a few hypersensitive, likely not even practicing Native Americans need to go eat a dick. Sorry but bowing to this crap is not a positive gesture. Having to spend millions changing everything about your company name is just not that simple. He may make it back in the long run in added merchandise sales - maybe. More likely, there will be a bunch of black market sales of "throw backs" like with the Washington Bullets crap that went on. The term will not go away - instead it will become chic to wear the stuff.

Seriously, we had a few people wanting us to stop using our trademarked slogan, "Everyone Loves a Great Rack". Obviously a double entendre meaning both rack of ribs and a woman's rack. I told them the same thing Snyder should and has been telling the way too easily offended. They want to change it? Buy it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My high school were the "Mohicans" and they wanted the name changed, so they left it to the students to vote on a new name. They ended up with the "Bananna Slugs". :yay:
Ha! Did you go to High School in Humbolt County?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Because a few hypersensitive, likely not even practicing Native Americans need to go eat a dick. Sorry but bowing to this crap is not a positive gesture. Having to spend millions changing everything about your company name is just not that simple. He may make it back in the long run in added merchandise sales - maybe. More likely, there will be a bunch of black market sales of "throw backs" like with the Washington Bullets crap that went on. The term will not go away - instead it will become chic to wear the stuff.

Seriously, we had a few people wanting us to stop using our trademarked slogan, "Everyone Loves a Great Rack". Obviously a double entendre meaning both rack of ribs and a woman's rack. I told them the same thing Snyder should and has been telling the way too easily offended. They want to change it? Buy it.

Plus, @flv this issue should hit pretty close to home. (Yes, I am going there) Many of the radical Islam element has immigrated to Western Europe over the last decade, taking over neighborhoods and intimidating communities into adapting Sharia Law, etc. How's that working out for you?

Bullies only respond to getting their dick stomped. We need to take more of this attitude to the extortion element of the world.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
Just so you know, here in southeast MO. Paul McRoberts team, SEMO university, changed its name from the "Indians" to the "Redhawks" just a few years ago. Yeah, we live in the sticks but we're learning to be PC. Well, not me but that's another story.

PS They still got the word red in there so I guess they're not completely cured. :hiding:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's football!

Redskins?

I never made the connection to anything offensive until the opposing parties made a wave out of it.

The overly sensative crowd needs to find a hobby.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It's football!

Redskins?

I never made the connection to anything offensive until the opposing parties made a wave out of it.

The overly sensative crowd needs to find a hobby.

I really thought this had been put to rest... I guess it was wishful thinking on my part...Geez, I get tired of this crap...The whole PC movement has been terribly out of control for far too long IMO...I do think that lots of people could be a little more thoughtful about some things, but I think an easier answer would be that some go to the skin store and purchase a thicker one...

Status
Not open for further replies.