Poll: Biggest Surprise For 2019 Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who Will Be The Rams Biggest Surprise in 2019?

• Rapp will start and excel.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Henderson will be a beast at RB.

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Gaines will plug in next to Donald and become Mini-Me

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Goff will become a Consensus top tier QB.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • An udfa will make the team and become special teams beast. (Name)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Clay Matthews will look 5 years younger, and get 12 sacks.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Other (provide detail)

Votes: 8 8.7%

• Total voters

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I listen to Cowerd a few times a week. He is actually very complimentary of Goff.
Cowerd loves him

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I listen to Cowerd a few times a week. He is actually very complimentary of Goff.
Cowerd loves him

Cowherd's Pyramid

Tier 1: Rogers, Luck, Mahomes, Wilson & Brady
Tier 2: Rivers, Ryan, Brees, Roethlisberger, Wentz & Watson
Tier3: Cousins, Dalton, Stafford, Newton, Goff, Garappolo & Prescott

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Matthews finds himself in a defense that not only suits him, but also has a lot of other things to worry about like AD. So I do think he's going to take a ride in the wayback machine for this season and teams are going to need to account for him. He's got a real good chance to top 10 sacks IMO, the key for him is to QUIT BRUTALIZING QBs lol. His style is not liked by the refs, and those 15 yard penalties need to be avoided but outside of that he's gonna be a big pickup just like Weddle. Didn't pick him, though, because to me he's not really a surprise guy if he beasts out.

There's so many options and good ones too. I think Gaines is going to show to be more than just a run stuffer, he will fit very nicely in this scheme. And yeah Henderson is going to flip the field for us no doubt.

Also will add that when Allen puts on a clinic it's going to feel really good. :D

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Cowherd's Pyramid

The fact that he lumped Jimmy G-String, Dalton and Stafford in with Goff tells me how much he knows. What exactly has Garrapollo done in this league? It’s been years since Dalton was an above average guy. Goff is also more successful and has better stats the last two years then most of the guys in a tier above him.
https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_6=2018&player_id6=RoetBe00&idx=players

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cowherd's Pyramid

By the end of the year Goff will be on top of tier 1.

Ants

Starter
Cowherd's Pyramid

There's not much wrong with that list, IMO.
Look, the tier 3 guys are good, solid players that lack the sizzle (athletic prowess) or toughness of the top 2 tiers (the exception being Newton - he's borderline tier 2 for me).
As Goff continues to improve and have success, he'll move up. For me, he sometimes seems to play in a "fog".

Oh, and as far a the poll goes:
I picked Clay Mathews. I'm usually somewhat down on guys that are long in the tooth, but for some reason I think/feel he's going to be a beast this year if he stays healthy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Biggest UDFA Surprise in TC & Pre-season @....

CB/Nickel-Back-Darious Williams

OL'er- Brandon Hitner

LB'er- Travin Howard

DL'er- Marquise Copeland

nighttrain

Legend
Wentz Tier 2, Goff tier 3, only in some alternate universe where injuries are considered as wins
train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm willing to bet there isn't one GM in the NFL that agrees with Cowherd's pyramid as it pertains to Goff. If you loaded a QB draft right now teams would take Mahomes and Goff in some combination of 1 and 2, depending on whether they value Mahomes' off schedule ability or Goff's consistent accuracy from the pocket.

It's only the media that thinks McVay is the head coach, coordinator, and QB. GMs around the league would pi$$ themselves if they could bring a young QB like Jared in.

The whole thing is simply ridiculous and time will prove that out.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Voted Henderson cuz frankly I don’t give a fat rats ass what others believe about Goff...and make no mistake, the ridiculous criticisms from the media only serve him well

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
David Long will crack the lineup as a starter sometime by the mid point in the season. First he will be a nickel/dime corner then when Talib has his obligatory injury Mr. Long will ascend to the role of starter. It will be his job for a long time to come......

Just sayin'!!

~ArkyRamsFan~
I love this bold prediction... Long fits our system so well, he's truly underrated rookie

MauiRam

Rookie
I'll go with Micah Kiser. If Gaines & SJD can keep opposing O-linemen off our backers, Kiser could be a beast!