Poll: Biggest Surprise For 2019 Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who Will Be The Rams Biggest Surprise in 2019?

• Rapp will start and excel.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Henderson will be a beast at RB.

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Gaines will plug in next to Donald and become Mini-Me

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Goff will become a Consensus top tier QB.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • An udfa will make the team and become special teams beast. (Name)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Clay Matthews will look 5 years younger, and get 12 sacks.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Other (provide detail)

Votes: 8 8.7%

• Total voters

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Every year there is a big surprise in camp that ends up starting, or making the team as an UDFA.

Years ago Danny Amendola emerged as a great receiving target after languishing on a few teams’ practice squads.

Aaron Donald emerged as an other-world mega-star in 2014. He wasn’t a surprise, you say? Tell that to the dozen teams (including the Rams) that passed on him before being selected #13 overall.

David Wang sprang up a few years back as a camp favorite, thrusting his way into the mix at center, but ultimately was circumcised from the squad. Many of us think he got the shaft.

But seriously, who do you guys think will become a star out of nowhere? Break into the starting lineup? Or just make the team, though currently on the outside, looking in?

Let me know in the poll. (y)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They Won't Catch Him Today!
usatsi_11187862.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff has a history of improvement. He did it college, and has done it in the Pro's. He is continually underestimated by 'experts' he has pissed off because he didn't BUST, like they confidently predicted after year one. So whenever some misstep happens, the jackals are ready to pounce to say "see, I told you so."
Sorry A-holes, Goff is a Tractor!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goff has a history of improvement. He did it college, and has done it in the Pro's. He is continually underestimated by 'experts' he has ticked off because he didn't BUST, like they confidently predicted after year one. So whenever some misstep happens, the jackals are ready to pounce to say "see, I told you so."
Sorry A-holes, Goff is a Tractor!
_70076373_yucca,az.jpg

You Sumbich!

-LaChamp

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I voted "other." I think Gerald Everett takes the next step in his development, supplants Higbee as the starter, and becomes the tight end we envisioned he'd be when he came out.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I voted Goff, myself, for the reasons @LoyalRam outlined.

He won't surprise me, because Jared is always improving. He is that type of player, that gets slowly better, year after year, because of his work ethic, and willingness to acknowledge his flaws, and weaknesses. (The anti- Jay Cutler)

For the pundits to acknowledge Jared, and for him to be spoken about in the same breath as Brady, Rodgers and Brees. That will be awesome. But for now, people such as this douche nozzle on Panthers Wire don't even have him in the top half of the leagues best QBs. :mad:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/08/ranking-top-10-quarterbacks-nfl-2019/

Last edited:

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I think I misunderstood the point of the poll. I picked Clay Matthews to look younger and get 12 sacks. I would be extremely surprised if that happened. All the other options I see as having a realistic chance of happening. Hope I'm wrong on the Matthews call but I see him more in a veteran leadership role than outright star.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Double options for other with me. It’s really two people. Brian Allen and Micah Kiser are getting very little respect around here and they will both shut a lot of people up and serve up some crow in the process.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Double options for other with me. It’s really two people. Brian Allen and Micah Kiser are getting very little respect around here and they will both shut a lot of people up and serve up some crow in the process.
I almost used Kiser as one of the options, but then realized he is nothing but a camp washout, and will be gone by August...

:hiding:

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
David Long will crack the lineup as a starter sometime by the mid point in the season. First he will be a nickel/dime corner then when Talib has his obligatory injury Mr. Long will ascend to the role of starter. It will be his job for a long time to come......

Just sayin'!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
David Long will crack the lineup as a starter sometime by the mid point in the season. First he will be a nickel/dime corner then when Talib has his obligatory injury Mr. Long will ascend to the role of starter. It will be his job for a long time to come......

Just sayin'!!

~ArkyRamsFan~
So David Long will "Wally Pipp" Talib!

:sneaky: maybe so, my friend. (y)

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

You know what? Add Austin Blythe to the list. He gets zero respect around here, it seems. I think he holds onto the starting right guard slot.

I agree with Kiser and Allen, by the way.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think I misunderstood the point of the poll. I picked Clay Matthews to look younger and get 12 sacks. I would be extremely surprised if that happened. All the other options I see as having a realistic chance of happening. Hope I'm wrong on the Matthews call but I see him more in a veteran leadership role than outright star.

Agree, I voted Matthews for the same reasons you sited. It would absolutely blow my mind if Clay came in and performed like he had found the Fountain of Youth.
I may have dismissed Goff and Henderson somewhat as I still have questions on how productive our new OL starters will perform. Rapp won't be a surprise because I expect him to do well. While I don't wish to overburden Gaines with extra pressure, should he begin well, he may have the biggest overall impact by just changing our fortunes on run defense, forcing opposing offenses into lower percentage plays and potentially more mistakes. jmo.

dang

Legend
Not sure how much of a surprise but Fowler gets 14 sacks and 4 forced fumbles to become all pro.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Veterans aside (like Goff and Mathews), running back is the easiest position to adjust to the NFL. So I voted Henderson. He could be a beast in all 3 facets of the game... running, passing, and returning kicks. And I think McVay will try to utilize him in all of those roles!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I voted Goff. Like Loyal Ram said, he has always been better each year since his freshman year in college. I think both him and McVay learned something after getting schooled in the Superbowl. It also would be great for the team if their QB elevates to elite status.

One more player elevating his game would be great for the team. It would be great if Everett breaks out in his 3rd year. Which also happens to be about the time most young players start to break out. It seems to be when that proverbial light goes on for them.

We already have the best trio of receivers in the NFL. You'd be hard pressed to find 3 better receivers on the same team than Kupp/Cooks/Woods. Not to mention an elite running back who scores a lot of TD's. But if they have a legit weapon over the middle of the field, that offense will be hard to stop.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
You know what? Add Austin Blythe to the list. He gets zero respect around here, it seems. I think he holds onto the starting right guard slot.

I agree with Kiser and Allen, by the way.
Yes, but for Blythe to make this list, biggest surprise, he’s going to have to go All-pro, or something.

If he is stable-Able, it will not surprise me. He has become pretty solid overall.

Last edited: