Points and total offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

74 points scored = bad defense or exciting game?

• Bad defenses

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Exciting game

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I didn't know that..........are you sure that's the rule?

It doesn't make sense. But we still don't know what the freak a catch is so you could be right LOL.
If it "survives the ground" and the Tuck Rule is not an effect and the referees don't make up any more bullshit on the spot like they usually do and whoever the hell that is in New York that they get the final decision from agrees;

It's a catch. (Maybe)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I’m talking about overall. The Super Bowl is for the two best teams in the league. Plus, defensive/special teams scores doesn’t always equal good defense. Look at the total yards from those games. Kurt Warner lit up the Steelers, 5 losing teams scored 24 points, Even Atlanta had a defensive score. Obviously they didn’t have a good defense.

Wait I thought your issue was points, though? You can give up yards up the wazoo and it won't make a difference if James Harrison or Tracy Porter gets a pick 6 and puts the game out of reach.

The games you listed, offensively hover around 24ish points, and I don't think that's above normal in the NFL. It's pretty much standard in every game for the last couple decades. It's skewed a bit, yes because of defensive scores. I.E. Broncos vs. Panthers, when the offense only scored 17 points, with the one defensive score by Von Miller (I think it was him who recovered). As for the rest, those defenses were all pretty good, and you're right Atlanta's wasn't good. Except they were for 3.5 quarters, allowing 3 points. Just needed one stop at some point, instead it was NE getting the sacks and TOs.

Last night was an exception when both teams were really bad on both side of the ball.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In the National Football League (NFL), it is possible to record a sack for zero yards. The QB must pass the statistical line of scrimmage to avoid the sack. A sack is also credited when a defender causes the quarterback to fumble the ball at or behind the line of scrimmage; this is also known as a strip sack. If a passer is sacked in his own end zone, the result is a safety and the defending team is awarded two points, unless the football is fumbled and either recovered in the end zone by the defense for a touchdown or recovered by either team outside the end zone.

What????? This is the rule I think.

That's how the "stat" is awarded?????

Which makes no sense to me because a defender can knock the ball out of the QB's hand and the QB could recover it and it's a sack. Or it could be picked up by someone and run in for a TD or even just a first down and the defender gets credit for a sack?

What's a catch LOL.
If the QB recovers it and advances it beyond the line of scrimmage, it is not a sack. If he recovers it and is still stopped without advancing it for a gain, it is a sack. Pretty simple really. If the QB is stopped before the LOS, fumble or not, it is a sack. A phantom sack, ahem Everett, is awarded to the defender “causing it” even if he didn’t contact the QB.