Points and total offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

74 points scored = bad defense or exciting game?

• Bad defenses

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Exciting game

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
reflecting on the game, I thought the defenses were sub-par.

I’m beginning not to enjoy the RPO, no huddle, no defense modern Spread football.

When did the NFL become the Big 12?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defenses still matter in the big games when the scoring goes nuts. When you need a stop to win that big game the defense that's been doin it the entire year the best tends to rise to the top.

Also you can see that the proliferation of weapons out of the backfield, and heavy use of screens and short passing game with pulling OL, that the wise teams are going to load up talent at LB. It's been a trend to have speed there, but even moreso now the way the league is trending to a "who has the best redzone" type deal defensively.

And lastly you just cannot have enough cover corners. Those dudes are never gonna go out of vogue.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think the Eagles chose not to blitz Brady knowing he would find the open man. Brady is brady. He's going to get his. Also, I thought Pedersons play-calling was astounding. He did a good job getting guys open on 3rd and 4th down. I'm not sure how tough the Pats D is, however, or why Malcolm Butler was benched.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

74 points scored isn't exciting. it's rather dull. the nfl is trying to turn the game of football into basketball.

if games start turning into this i will stop watching.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, I don't like that Big 12 style of football. But I also don't like Jeff Fisher's 1920s style of football. Let's find a happy medium.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

74 points scored isn't exciting. it's rather dull. the nfl is trying to turn the game of football into basketball.

This^^^^

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bad defense:

74 total points
1,152 total yds.
No sacks
54 total 1st downs
Eagles 3rd down conversion--62%, Pats 50%

Bad defense

Worth noting: second consecutive game Pats only flagged one time.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive

It's gotten so bad in college football that during the month of November I can't tell if the Big 12 scoreboard scrolling at bottom of my TV is showing football or basketball scores.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
i'm just glade this pooper bowl is over now we can get to real football that being the rams free agency and draft. after all I'm only interested in two super bowls one being any bowl the rams are in and the other would be the pats vs the 49ers but only if both teams lose.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Defenses still matter in the big games when the scoring goes nuts. When you need a stop to win that big game the defense that's been doin it the entire year the best tends to rise to the top.

Also you can see that the proliferation of weapons out of the backfield, and heavy use of screens and short passing game with pulling OL, that the wise teams are going to load up talent at LB. It's been a trend to have speed there, but even moreso now the way the league is trending to a "who has the best redzone" type deal defensively.

And lastly you just cannot have enough cover corners. Those dudes are never gonna go out of vogue.

Yep and it is why the Rams defense needs better corners and better LBers.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't mind an occasional shootout, it's fun to watch.

I guess you guys are unhappy about how many points the Rams scored this year. Maybe McVay will dial it down next year and you can all be happy LOL.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Bad defense:

74 total points
1,152 total yds.
No sacks
54 total 1st downs
Eagles 3rd down conversion--62%, Pats 50%

Bad defense

Worth noting: second consecutive game Pats only flagged one time.
A Sack / Forced Fumble / Fumble Recovery did end the Game!!:D

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's easy to see things in hindsight. I expected a more defensive struggle. But it is all about the match ups.

The Eagles have a good defense, the strength of which is the Dline. But with Brady being the fastest QB in the league to get the ball out, the pass rush would be somewhat neutralized. The Eagles DBs aren't great. The benefited from a good pass rush all year. It wasn't there and they gave up 505 yards.

The Patriots defense has lacked a pass rush all year. Without being able to pressure the QB they wouldn't be able to keep the score down. They only had one very good DB on the field too. The key to any good defense is getting to the QB. And if they could get to Foles the game may have been different. They couldn't though. The Eagles OLine is too good for a weak pass rush, and despite the hype, Ole Roid Harrison was not going to make a difference.