Points and total offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

74 points scored = bad defense or exciting game?

• Bad defenses

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Exciting game

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't mind an occasional shootout, it's fun to watch.

I guess you guys are unhappy about how many points the Rams scored this year. Maybe McVay will dial it down next year and you can all be happy LOL.

Not at all

I have no problem with 31-24 games or 33-0 for that matter

74 points and 1100 yards is ridiculous

Allowing offensive linemen downfield on RPO pass plays is part of the problem, if you think it's a problem.

But with all respect to fans and alumni of the fine institutions, I don't want to see Texas Tech and West Virginia on Sundays.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not at all

I have no problem with 31-24 games or 33-0 for that matter

74 points and 1100 yards is ridiculous

Allowing offensive linemen downfield on RPO pass plays is part of the problem, if you think it's a problem.

But with all respect to fans and alumni of the fine institutions, I don't want to see Texas Tech and West Virginia on Sundays.

Games like this are the exception not the rule.

Something like this happens pretty rarely, and I don't think it's a big deal. I thought it was an entertaining game. Possibly because the Eagles were in the lead essentially the entire game........haha.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After the game the talk was no sacks but every box score I've looked at credits him with a sack.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure about the rule, but if he didn't have the ball how can he be sacked?

if a defender causes the qb to fumble the ball behind the line of scrimmage it's a sack. he doesn't need to tackle him to the ground.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Game was fun to watch but had a lot of criticisms on both defenses up until the Iggles' 4th quarter heroics. I expect this trend to continue down the road; just hope there's a defensive-minded coach who'll innovate new schemes to keep even average teams away from scoring 30 PPG or higher.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
NE's hasn't been good all year. They look great against the likes of the Jets and Dolphins, though.

Philly's D not being so hot was surprising. I thought for sure they'd blitz Tom Brady more, but guess not. They were giving up chunks of yardage.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Defense seems to be a thing of the past. When’s the last time you saw a Super Bowl end in a 17-14 type of game? 2007 maybe? I mean think about the past 10 SuperBowls.

7F3D28ED-E41A-4A53-880C-C2D0B7D8ADCD.jpeg

The winner hasn’t scored less then 21 points. And has averaged 31.4 ppg. That’s bad defense. Also the away team has won the 10 as well.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
The ball was well out of Brady's hand when he finally went down so it's not a sack it's a fumble.

Heck, I don't see why Graham doesn't get credit for both a forced fumble AND a sack.
That only seems right......

~ArkyRamsFan~

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Defense seems to be a thing of the past. When’s the last time you saw a Super Bowl end in a 17-14 type of game? 2007 maybe? I mean think about the past 10 SuperBowls.

The winner hasn’t scored less then 21 points. And has averaged 31.4 ppg. That’s bad defense. Also the away team has won the 10 as well.

Every single one of those games you listed with the exception of the 2 Giants SBs and last night there was a defensive or ST touchdown for the winning team.

Sounds like good defense to me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I didn’t see if you could vote for both. I enjoy both kinds of games. A great defensive game is probably my favorite but a good game is closely fought no matter which side of the ball makes it that way.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Every single one of those games you listed with the exception of the 2 Giants SBs and last night there was a defensive or ST touchdown for the winning team.

Sounds like good defense to me.
I’m talking about overall. The Super Bowl is for the two best teams in the league. Plus, defensive/special teams scores doesn’t always equal good defense. Look at the total yards from those games. Kurt Warner lit up the Steelers, 5 losing teams scored 24 points, Even Atlanta had a defensive score. Obviously they didn’t have a good defense.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
if a defender causes the qb to fumble the ball behind the line of scrimmage it's a sack. he doesn't need to tackle him to the ground.

I didn't know that..........are you sure that's the rule?

It doesn't make sense. But we still don't know what the fuck a catch is so you could be right LOL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In the National Football League (NFL), it is possible to record a sack for zero yards. The QB must pass the statistical line of scrimmage to avoid the sack. A sack is also credited when a defender causes the quarterback to fumble the ball at or behind the line of scrimmage; this is also known as a strip sack. If a passer is sacked in his own end zone, the result is a safety and the defending team is awarded two points, unless the football is fumbled and either recovered in the end zone by the defense for a touchdown or recovered by either team outside the end zone.

What????? This is the rule I think.

That's how the "stat" is awarded?????

Which makes no sense to me because a defender can knock the ball out of the QB's hand and the QB could recover it and it's a sack. Or it could be picked up by someone and run in for a TD or even just a first down and the defender gets credit for a sack?

What's a catch LOL.