PLAYOFFS! YOUR TALKING PLAYOFFS!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'd love to beat those SeaPigeons again this year.
Send those bastards limping into the playoffs.

Don't get me started.
You know how I get when I think of injuries to Seahawks players. ;)

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
sacking wilson.jpg
Or be the team to knock them out.

In their effin stadium. Yeah ...... that taste would last ALL offseason.

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
vs Bucs L
vs Hawks W..extra days off will help Rams vs division rival

vs SF.. I have no idea and it doesnt matter but I give a home win to SF

Dude, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rams lost out, but your prediction is from an alternate universe. o_O

We beat the red hot Hawks in their house but lose to Niners?! :wtf:

ohiorams

Rookie
Dude, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rams lost out, but your prediction is from an alternate universe. o_O

We beat the red hot Hawks in their house but lose to Niners?! :wtf:

the last week is always the reverse of what should happen. playoff teams play generic and losing teams at home cant let fans go home sad on last game of season.
thats where the Super bowl is this year. Got to leave a good vibe for all the crowded freeways they are about to go through.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
These are nice scenarios, but we need a few more things to happen besides just these to get in. Once you get past the division winners, there are still 6 teams that can get better than .500: Redskins/Eagles/Giants (one of those will win the division), Seattle (presuming they don't beat AZ), Minnesota, Atlanta, Tampa. If two of them get better than 500, Rams are done.

That said, it does seem like the Rams gets some favorable tie-breakers should they get to .500. I'm having a hard time finding a scenario where the Rams don't win a 3-or-more-teams-at-8/8 tiebreaker.

We can dream.
View attachment 11447

Played a little more.

Step 1, obviously, the Rams need to win out. Both Min and Seattle are at 8-5, so the wildcard cutoff starts at 8-8.

So the real trick is just making sure that of the 6 teams that can get over 500, that no more than one of them does.

Those teams:
Minnesota 8-5
Seattle 8-5
Tampa 6-7
Atlanta 6-7

AND then, of these 3 NFC East, one will win the division.
Giants 6-7
Redskins 6-7
Philadelphia 6-7

Chicago and New Orleans, both at 5-8 can also be part of the tie-breaker, but neither beat the Rams in an 8-8 tie-breaker.

So for instance, the Rams will be eliminated if both Minnesota and Seattle win this week. Realistically (not that there is anything realistic about any of this), for the Rams to make the playoffs, at least one of Seattle or Minnesota needs to lose the next three.

Seattle hosts Cleveland, hosts the Rams, goes to AZ. Minnesota hosts Chicago, goes to Tampa, goes to Green Bay. Let's just root against both of them to be safe.

So for this week 15, as long as
  • the Rams win AND
  • either Chicago beats Minnesota (@ Min) or Browns beat Seattle (@ Seattle),
the Rams are still mathematically still in it.

The reason this all works is that the Rams (if they win out) would have a 7-5 conference record. That's impossible for all but two teams to match
  • Washington (currently with 6-4 conference record) would likely beat the Rams in a 3-or-more way tie break. We need the Redskins to either win the division or lose 2 of next three (unless none of the 6 gets to 9-7 including both Seattle AND Min losing out in which case BOTH Washington and Rams could make the playoffs; not very likely so let's just not go there).
  • Tampa (currently with a 5-4 conference record) would have the same conference record as the Rams if both wind up at 8-8. Rams still beat them on the 8-8 tie break on the Playoff Machine, not sure why.
I believe that Chicago, with their 5-8 record and 2-7 conference record, is mathematically eliminated.

By contrast, there's a scenario I have loaded where BOTH New Orleans (5-8 record) AND St Louis (5-8 record) make the playoffs. Amazingly enough.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well done @junkman! That was very well laid out, thanks for taking the time. So my OP was a little misleading :whistle: :oops: but I got the ball rolling:rolllaugh:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If the Rams make the playoffs, I'll leave for good and nobody will be subjected to the negative sound of posts like this one...

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Rams make the playoffs, I'll leave for good and nobody will be subjected to the negative sound of posts like this one...
Santa-Naughty-List.jpg

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The reason this all works is that the Rams (if they win out) would have a 7-5 conference record
7-5 in conference yet couldn't beat Baltimore. Or just catch 1 more pass against Pittsburgh! Of course, if we were Whiner fans we'd all just start declaring we were "one Kendricks dropped pass away from winning the Super Bowl".

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yes!!! And look at the picture. THAT would hurt.
How does that midget keep on NOT getting injured?
Why do you want him to get injured?
I don't think there is a more genuinely good person in the league than Wilson right now.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I don't think there is a more genuinely good person in the league than Wilson right now.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if he got hurt. I'd probably even sleep better.

But mostly, I'm just genuinely looking for the answer to how he never gets hurt...?
He runs and scrambles all the time. He gets sacked a lot too, and a lot of his sacks seem to twist and punish him pretty good. How after nearly 4 years now, has he not sustained an injury that keeps him out of games or out for the season? Sam Bradford was out all the time. Palmer went down with his knee injury. Rogers had a long calf injury.

It's uncanny with Wilson ... so I'm for real, hoping someone can answer that for me.

Anyone?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well why don't you marry him then?

I used to think that Wilson was a really nice guy but I think the fame is getting to him. Still don't want him injured. Maybe knocked the fuck out during our game - with a legit shot of course and not actually knocked out as in unconscious but more bruised ribs so he can't lift his throwing arm. I'd be good with that.

I'm not wanting to see any player actually injured or concussed. But I'm just fine with us knocking their QB out of the game - be it Wussel Wiwson or any other QB that faces us. I'm a big Aaron Rodgers fan but if we take him out of the game, I'm good with that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wouldn't lose any sleep if he got hurt. I'd probably even sleep better.

But mostly, I'm just genuinely looking for the answer to how he never gets hurt...?
He runs and scrambles all the time. He gets sacked a lot too, and a lot of his sacks seem to twist and punish him pretty good. How after nearly 4 years now, has he not sustained an injury that keeps him out of games or out for the season? Sam Bradford was out all the time. Palmer went down with his knee injury. Rogers had a long calf injury.

It's uncanny with Wilson ... so I'm for real, hoping someone can answer that for me.

Anyone?
He probably knows how to take a hit (that's a real thing). He's also well conditioned.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well why don't you marry him then?

I used to think that Wilson was a really nice guy but I think the fame is getting to him. Still don't want him injured. Maybe knocked the freak out during our game - with a legit shot of course and not actually knocked out as in unconscious but more bruised ribs so he can't lift his throwing arm. I'd be good with that.

I'm not wanting to see any player actually injured or concussed. But I'm just fine with us knocking their QB out of the game - be it Wussel Wiwson or any other QB that faces us. I'm a big Aaron Rodgers fan but if we take him out of the game, I'm good with that.
I'm fine with rattling an opposing player's cage too. But I'd rather beat a team at full strength so that there are no excuses when they get curb stomped.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm fine with rattling an opposing player's cage too. But I'd rather beat a team at full strength so that there are no excuses when they get curb stomped.
I see you're avoiding the whole "marry him" subject.

Naw man - I am the same way. But if they come into the game full strength and we make them less than full strength, I'm good with that. If we simply squish his little body all game long and he stays in, I'm good with that too. If we contain him and pick him to death, I'm good with that too. But honestly, I want him to feel the pain of going up against our defense so he hears footsteps while hugging his teddy bear at night.

So in a way, if he is playing scared, he is not at full strength. It's all a matter of levels. And I want us to level him often.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
There's been a few games that we should have won but none hurt more than the Pitt and Minn.games.We would be right in the middle of the playoff race with TB and SF still on the schedule.Just so frustrating when you realize this team should be 10-3 or 9-4 and finally headed to the playoffs.