PLAYOFFS! YOUR TALKING PLAYOFFS!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If these three things happen...

Vikings lose out: vs. Bears:cautious:, vs. Giants:cautious: , @ Packers(y)

Saints win out: vs. Lions(y), vs. Jaguars(y), @ Falcons(y)

RAMS win out: vs. Buccaneers(y), @ Seahawks:cautious:, @ 49ers(y)

That would give the RAMS the 6th seed. Stranger things have happened!:shocked::santa:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah but that would hurt our draft position.

giphy.gif

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
If we could've just pulled a couple of those out (PIT, MIN, BAL)... we'd be sitting pretty good right now. Ah, the life of a Rams fan.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu

That would give the RAMS the 6th seed. Stranger things have happened!:shocked::santa:

And if the Seahawks were to lose out: vs. Browns :cautious:, vs. Rams :cautious:, @ Cardinals (y)

That would give the RAMS the 5th seed.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, the Packers will be stuck with the 3 seed after this week or next....so they won't need to play anyone in week 17 against the Vikings. I'd change that (y) to a :cautious: for the packers game..

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
And if the Seahawks were to lose out: vs. Browns :cautious:, vs. Rams :cautious:, @ Cardinals (y)

And if that happens, we'll be playing the #4 seed - maybe the Eagles!!! That'd be awesome.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

This^ type of thinking is why the phraise " It ain't over 'til it's over!" was coined!!(y)(y):boxing:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I still don't get how if we tie with the Vikings we get the spot. I thought head to head was the #1 tiebreaker?

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I still don't get how if we tie with the Vikings we get the spot. I thought head to head was the #1 tiebreaker?
You are correct if we tie with Min they win the head-to-head tiebreaker, the key is it has to be a minimum 3-way tie so no head-to-head, then we win on conference record.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

Yes. Stranger things have happened. But only one stranger thing than the Rams making the playoffs this year has happened thus far, throughout all of time. I googled it. ;)
It would be absolutely awesome if we made the playoffs this year.
But if someone asked you to just guess a percentage of chance you thought we had, what would you say?

Realistically, I'd say a 2% chance the rams make the playoffs.

But one can hope.

ohiorams

Rookie
vs Bucs L
vs Hawks W..extra days off will help Rams vs division rival

vs SF.. I have no idea and it doesnt matter but I give a home win to SF

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman

These are nice scenarios, but we need a few more things to happen besides just these to get in. Once you get past the division winners, there are still 6 teams that can get better than .500: Redskins/Eagles/Giants (one of those will win the division), Seattle (presuming they don't beat AZ), Minnesota, Atlanta, Tampa. If two of them get better than 500, Rams are done.

That said, it does seem like the Rams gets some favorable tie-breakers should they get to .500. I'm having a hard time finding a scenario where the Rams don't win a 3-or-more-teams-at-8/8 tiebreaker.

We can dream.
upload_2015-12-15_17-46-36.jpeg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd love to beat those SeaPigeons again this year.

Send those bastards limping into the playoffs.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
You are correct if we tie with Min they win the head-to-head tiebreaker, the key is it has to be a minimum 3-way tie so no head-to-head, then we win on conference record.

I see. Well since we're asking for miracles can someone pay of my mortgage too? :)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Why stop with those dreams? If all that happens and we win 4 in a row after that, we'd be the only 8-8 team to win the superbowl. And if we go 19-0 next year we'd have back to back superbowl wins. Hey, I like this game.