Playoffs Round One Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lets agree to disagree.
Our defense can't stop teams enough to win games if we can only score about 20 points. (Bears defense can hold us to that)
I'm worried.

It sounds like you are more worried about the offense, but whatever. I wasn't really disagreeing about having reason for concern. I was disagreeing with "32 points is 32 points" . It's not black and white in a blowout. Against the starters it was actually 18 points. I'm glad the backups got some game time.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll go with this:

Texans (but the Colts with their newfound defense are going to make it a struggle).

Cowboys (they have the defense and linebackers to put pressure on Wilson).

Chargers (better defense and offense than the Ravens).

Bears (Foles doesn't have the magic left to beat a dominant Bears defense).

Ravens have the best Defense in the NFL This year, by far.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Houston over Colts
I am not sold on Houston and could easily see Luck and company beating them. I am only picking Houston because they are at home.

Chargers over Ravens
I just can’t get into Lamar Jackson, as playoff ready if that’s what the Ravens intend to do.

Bears over Eagles
Toss up. Picking Bears because they’re at home. Trubiski feels risky in the playoffs, to me.

Seattle over Cowboys
Seattle feels like the lock pick if I had to make one.

I definitely trust Luck, Rivers, Foles, and Wilson over the other QB’s come pressure time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Colts over Texans
Something magical about the Colts and I never pick the Colts, but Chris Ballard should be Executive of the Year and their DC Matt Eberflus will get a Head Coaching gig in Miami or Tampa.

Chargers over Ravens
Chargers will win this one because if they lose, they might never recover.

Bears over Eagles
IMO, Bears win this one, but I'm hoping Eagles break a few big plays and doubt creeps into the mind of Mitch Trubisky..

Dallas over Seattle
Seattle is trendy, so I go the other way. Cowboys should be able to stop their running game and they won't let Peetie Carroll cheat in Arlington.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Maybe 7mate will have the nance and Romo feed. But then it won't be in hd. Have to go with espn.

I'll be at the pub so Lady Gaga and Beyonce could be the announcers and it wouldn't bother me :)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ravens have the best Defense in the NFL This year, by far.

Chargers have a hell of a good defense, though. Bosa and Ingram to go along with James? And with their offense, I can't see the Ravens beating them.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Chargers have a hell of a good defense, though. Bosa and Ingram to go along with James? And with their offense, I can't see the Ravens beating them.

I would normally agree with you @Memento. Chargers are a better team across most categories. The thing that concerns me (that sounds strange as I really couldn't give a toss about the AFC) about this game is the timeslot. 10.00am PT for a West Coast team travelling across the country? I read some stat somewhere that WC teams have been outscored 200-60 in the 1st half of games in this timeslot this season.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Bears at home win the Foles magic is over too many injuries.

Seattle will beat the Cowboys. Better HC plus strong running attack and Baldwin back.

Rams beat the Bears - we are at home, Talib is back, Fowler is up to speed and most of all a strong healthy running attack.

New Orleans beats Seattle too much offense for Seattle.

Rams beat New Orleans in a slugfest this is the Superbowl.

Rams beat the Pats Avenging the shitty Spygate 2001 loss that I was at.

Sweat revenge.

Keys to getting us there.

Run the ball. Pressure by blitzing the QBs. Max protect on the deeper routes. Gadget motions all the time . Keep them guessing. Screen passes to slow the blitz down. Don't give up on deeper routes. Keep Joyner deeper to play the deep middle to cut down on long passes. Tackle better.

All these add up to wins for the Rams.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Bears at home win the Foles magic is over too many injuries.

Seattle will beat the Cowboys. Better HC plus strong running attack and Baldwin back.

Rams beat the Bears - we are at home, Talib is back, Fowler is up to speed and most of all a strong healthy running attack.

New Orleans beats Seattle too much offense for Seattle.

Rams beat New Orleans in a slugfest this is the Superbowl.

Rams beat the Pats Avenging the crappy Spygate 2001 loss that I was at.

Sweat revenge.

Keys to getting us there.

Run the ball. Pressure by blitzing the QBs. Max protect on the deeper routes. Gadget motions all the time . Keep them guessing. Screen passes to slow the blitz down. Don't give up on deeper routes. Keep Joyner deeper to play the deep middle to cut down on long passes. Tackle better.

All these add up to wins for the Rams.

Your scenario makes perfect sense to me, Malibu.

My keys to getting us to the Promised Land.

If our D can stop the run, we win.

If we are +1, or more, on turnovers, we win.

If McVay quickly goes to 12 personnel against certain D’s, we win.

One last thing. The Rams must fully realize that the playoff intensity must be higher than in the regular season. Last year, I don’t think it was vs Atlanta.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Seahawks
Eagles
Chargers
Colts

Did I just predict that every home team will lose? Yes, I did. :cool:

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I got to take one week at a time...….

I like the Chargers to figure out how to slow down Jackson and the Ravens
Houston to end the Colts season (by a hair....)
Dallas to beat Seattle by sacking Russell Wilson almost as often as we do.....
And the Eagles over the Bears...….. (Bears got 4 turnovers from us and could only score 15 points.... Trubisky will shit the bed....).

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The great thing about a Bears rematch, aside from being in our place, is that it was by far the worst game we played (at least on offense) and we still could of won. If we play our A even B game we should be going to the NFC championship.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Seattle over Cowboys
Seattle feels like the lock pick if I had to make one.
200.webp

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Seattle wins this season

Dallas
@ Arizona
@ Oakland
@ Detroit
Green Bay
@ Carolina
SF
Minnesota
Kansas City
Arizona

Dallas was trash early, Arizona sucks, Oakland sucks, Detroit sucks, Green Bay was a fraud, Carolina faded, SF sucks, Minnesota faded, Chiefs was a quality win, Arizona sucks.

Seattle losses

@ Denver
@ Chicago
Rams
Chargers
@ Rams
@ SF

Denver sucks, Chicago is a quality loss, Rams twice, Chargers is a quality loss, SF sucks

10-6
200.webp

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree, my wife is a Chargers fan, so we watch all of the Rams games, and many of the Chargers games as well, along with whatever other good match ups are on.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Pete Carroll getting his excuses ready before a loss?
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/03/pete-carroll-cowboys-stadium-is-an-unusual-place/

Pete Carroll: Cowboys stadium is an “unusual place”
Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2019

The Seahawks face the Cowboys on Saturday night in Arlington, Texas. For Seattle, which is 4-4 this year away from Seattle, that presents a challenge beyond not playing in one of the loudest venues in all of sports.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll addressed on Thursday the unique challenge of playing in the House That Jerry Built.

“I think their scoreboard may get in the way of the sound — bounces back at you or something, I don’t know,” Carroll told reporters. “It’s a real glitzy place, you know? When you come out of a football locker room ready to play football and you go into a night club — it’s kind of like we’re in the club, then wait a minute, you’ve got to play ball.

Then you come back through the club and they’re all . . . anyways, it’s unusual. Then they’re right there with you too. Those people that are sitting behind us, I don’t know how they see the game. It doesn’t look like they care, they’re having such a good time. It’s an unusual place.”

Others have privately expressed to PFT respect for the extent to which the Cowboys use their unusual place to create legitimate but useful distractions, from noise to spotlights to the proximity of Cowboys fans to creating the feeling that they’re in something other than a football stadium getting ready to play a football game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well if tomorrow's anything like today (i.e. my picks completely failing) the Eagles and Ravens will win and we'll have the Boys in LA next weekend.