Playoff Machine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Found this

BF29828B-7082-4F13-B58E-94E8458909FF.jpeg

socalrams90

Starter
So, win and not worry about the Niners 1st round. How bout we beat the Niners, Saints win, we put the Niners out of the playoffs, we wind the division, and Kupp passes Jerry Rice in the single season rec yd record all in the same game?????????????? ;)
This would be too perfect and possible.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
So if we win, we have NO or PHI. Which would you rather play? I'm thinking NO. NO has a great defense but have no offensive power whatsoever.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So if we win, we have NO or PHI. Which would you rather play? I'm thinking NO. NO has a great defense but have no offensive power whatsoever.
Both are tough matchups - they run the ball and play good defense.

But it’s the playoffs - they are all going to be tough matchups.

With either squad - the key is to start fast. They need to be playing from behind - not us.

TexasRam

Legend
We could lose to the 9ers and then host them as the 3 seed

Or we could lose to them and host the Cardinals as the 4 seed

But I agree - most likely - we will get NO at home as the 2
Yea, you are correct. There are more than a few combinations to consider.

The Dallas game is interesting. Philly already clinched a spot so do they rest starters? Also Dallas has at least the 4 locked down so do they rest starters? Not to mention other teams that may value rest and health of starters over marginal seeding.

TexasRam

Legend
I personally prefer Philly. The NO defense can be suffocating when on. We could potentially score easier vs Philly. Also, we know how to play the running QB due to our division midgets we face 4 times a year. But yea, the Saints offense is really bad with their QB situation.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Beating the whiners is a mountain that needs to get climbed. We need to be more physical and not get pushed around. McVay needs to slay Shanahan.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Beating the whiners is a mountain that needs to get climbed. We need to be more physical and not get pushed around. McVay needs to slay Shanahan.
Stomping the 9ers would be great for Moral heading into the playoffs. Especially if it knocks them out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let’s get the W on Sunday… Knocking SF out and securing #2 seed would be a sweet springboard into the playoffs.

I prefer Eagles if given the choice, but it’s the playoffs and there are no easy games.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
the IRONY of the STains.....needing the Rams to get them in....I hope we can help them out, if only to beat their asses again in the Playoffs...

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
'Aints or the Eagles. Tough choice, but, I generally side with wanting to play the team with the worst situation at QB. In my opinion, that is the 'Aints. Hill didn't look great against the panthers yesterday and man do they have a lack of offensive weapons? Kamara and......? That said, Hurts didn't look fantastic either honestly. I think the 'aints have the better D but worse offense. Kind of a toss up to me but I'd appreciate beating the 'aints more myself. We NEED to get that W on Sunday for many reasons, first round match up being much easier is one of them. And Fuck the whiners is another big one. Let's welcome that rookie QB to the NFL, Donald style.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
The 49'ers are the greatest threat and obstacle to the Rams path to the Super Bowl. But it's one game at a time and the Rams must have all of their momentum from December onward throughout the playoffs and win it all in the Super Bowl.

Crush the Niners twice (once at the end of the season and also in the playoff) and the Rams will be battle tested to determine their destiny in the Super Bowl.
To go to the big one the rams will need to go unbeaten all the way! No loses, hate the 9ers. Bad taste in the mouth from them and a loss would end our superbowl run. Sure we will still go to the playoffs but we won't go to the big dance. Beat the 9ers. Tall order huh?

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
This time around facing the Niners at SoFi, McVay will play the starters.

It’s about sharpening the experience and preparing for the playoff game against the Niners after the regular season is over.

I don’t think McVay is sitting the starters but putting the pressure on the Niners to get a win against them.
It will be good for the rams to beat the 9ers, learning how to play with a 7 to 10 point deficit after Stafford spots them those points we will learn how to win that way too. Go rams

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I'd rather have Philly.

That NO defense is LEGIT and if they get up on us early, they could make it super tough.

That said, I STILL think we're winning the Super Bowl (in large part because Morris has made adjustments that change the patterns I saw before and hope to never, NEVER see again), so it won't matter who we face.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

The NFC Playoff Picture in Week 18, and what's at stake for the Rams​

Jan 04, 2022 at 11:00 AM
Stu Jackson of the Los Angeles Rams headshot, Thursday, May 20, 2021, in Thousand Oaks, CA. (Jeff Lewis/LA Rams)

Stu Jackson

The Rams are in the playoffs, having clinched a spot with their 30-23 win over the Vikings in Week 16. Currently the No. 2 seed in the NFC, Los Angeles closes out the regular season with a huge home game against the 49ers on Sunday (1:25 p.m. pacific time, FOX) given the playoff implications for both teams.

Here is a look at the NFC playoff picture heading into Week 18:

1. Green Bay Packers (13-3): Green Bay clinched the No. 1 seed and homefield advantage with a 37-10 win over Minnesota on Sunday Night Football. It heads to Detroit to take on the Lions on Sunday.

2. Los Angeles Rams (12-4): The Rams continued their climb up the playoff standings with a thrilling 20-19 win over the Ravens in Baltimore, their fifth-straight. A win over the 49ers on Sunday is the easiest path to keeping the No. 2 seed.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (12-4): It took an 18-point second half rally – from 29 seconds left in the third quarter to the game-winning touchdown with 15 seconds left in the fourth quarter – for the Buccaneers to defeat the Jets 28-24 and avoid an upset. They're currently the No. 3 seed because the Rams have the head-to-head tiebreaker over them. The No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 seed are all still in play for Tampa Bay heading into Week 18, according to nflplayoffscenarios.com.

4. Dallas Cowboys (11-5): The Cowboys fell to the Cardinals 25-22 and dropped two spots in the playoff standings as a result, also losing their shot at the top seed in the conference. The No. 2, No. 3, and No. 4 seed are all still in play for Dallas heading into the final week of the regular season. Dallas travels to Philadelphia to take on the Eagles on Saturday.

5. Arizona Cardinals (11-5): The Cardinals snapped a three-game losing streak with their 25-22 victory over the Cowboys. The No. 2, No. 3 and No. 5 seed are all possibilities for Arizona depending on the outcomes of Week 18.

6. San Francisco 49ers (9-7): With rookie Trey Lance starting at quarterback in place of the injured Jimmy Garoppolo, the 49ers defeated the Texans 23-7 to maintain control of the No. 6 seed by owning the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Eagles. They either need a win over the Rams or a Saints loss to the Falcons to stay in the playoff picture.

7. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7): Needing a win over Washington, plus a Saints loss or 49ers win, to clinch a playoff berth, the Eagles checked off two of the three to punch their ticket to the postseason. Only the No. 6 or No. 7 seed are in play for Philadelphia in Week 18.

In the hunt: New Orleans Saints (8-8) – need a win over the Falcons and a 49ers loss to the Rams to get in.

What's on the line for the Rams in Week 18: Seeding anywhere from No. 2 to No. 5 depending on the outcome of their game against the 49ers and the Buccaneers', Cardinals' and Cowboys' games as well.

A win over the 49ers would clinch the NFC West title and the No. 2 seed in the conference, allowing them to host at least one playoff game at SoFi Stadium. The Rams can also clinch the No. 2 seed with losses by the Buccaneers, Cowboys and Cardinals, per nflplayoffscenarios.com.

A loss to the 49ers, along with a win by the Buccaneers and losses by the Cardinals and Cowboys, would drop the Rams to the No. 3 seed. The Rams would also become the No. 3 seed with a loss to the 49ers, a Cardinals loss, a Buccaneers loss and a Cowboys win.

A loss to the 49ers, Cardinals loss and wins by the Buccaneers and Cowboys would drop the Rams to the No. 4 seed.

A loss to the 49ers and a Cardinals win would drop the Rams to the No. 5 seed.