Playoff Machine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 49'ers are the greatest threat and obstacle to the Rams path to the Super Bowl. But it's one game at a time and the Rams must have all of their momentum from December onward throughout the playoffs and win it all in the Super Bowl.

Crush the Niners twice (once at the end of the season and also in the playoff) and the Rams will be battle tested to determine their destiny in the Super Bowl.
Crush the Niners twice? Uh…that would be great. But I’d avoid playing them if possible. We just don’t know how to beat them yet.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Unfortunately looks like Dallas has tiebreak advantage over us if we both win out.

Either 2 or 3 seed is way better than 5 seed though

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 2 or 3 seed is the way to avoid GB for as long as possible - and hopefully to have Tampa go in and beat them.

3 seed would give us the Niners or Eagles - the Eagles could win out and if we beat the Niners, Eagles would be 6.

Then at Dallas - I honestly don't care where that game is played. Going to Dallas doesn't phase me one bit.

Then hopefully a home game against Tampa for the NFCCG.

Oh and - if we beat the Ravens and the Cardinals lose to Dallas next week - we clinch the division. Thats pretty crazy considering a few weeks ago we had like a 9% chance

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Crush the Niners twice? Uh…that would be great. But I’d avoid playing them if possible. We just don’t know how to beat them yet.

Chances are, the Rams will get the Niners in the playoff.

I don’t like the Rams to face the Niners in the playoffs either.

But there is that last game of the season and then probably the Niners in the playoff since the Rams are 3rd seeded to face the number 6th seed, which is exactly where the Niners are at.

Rams have got to face their demons in the Niners and beat them.

Otherwise, all these Niners will say SOSAR.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One more time.

Fuck the niners!!

The Rams are peaking, battle tested and confident. They have the players, balanced offense and dominant defense. Now the ST coming in shape too!

I doubt they are afraid of any team at this point.

Bring it!!!
Diggin the confidence! :clinkingbeer:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 2 or 3 seed is the way to avoid GB for as long as possible - and hopefully to have Tampa go in and beat them.

3 seed would give us the Niners or Eagles - the Eagles could win out and if we beat the Niners, Eagles would be 6.

Then at Dallas - I honestly don't care where that game is played. Going to Dallas doesn't phase me one bit.

Oh and - if we beat the Ravens and the Cardinals lose to Dallas next week - we clinch the division. Thats pretty crazy considering a few weeks ago we had like a 9% chance
But if we beat the Ravens and the Cardinals upset Dallas....2 seed!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well let's have a look at the remaining games for NFC playoff hopefuls. Color coded them for difficulty (Hard, Mediocre, Easy), and yes this is subjective but if the opponent is in the playoff chase I consider them a hard matchup.

Packers (12-3): Vikings, @Lions

Rams (11-4): @Ravens, Shitters

Bucs (11-4): @Jets, Panthers

Cowboys (11-4): Cards, @Eagles

Cards (10-5): @Cowboys, Seahawks

Shitters (8-7): Texans, @ Rams

Eagles (8-7): @WTF, Cowboys

Saints (7-7): Dolphins, Panthers, @Falcons

Vikings (7-8): @Packers, Bears

Falcons (7-8): @Bills, Saints

Note: writing off 6-8 and below teams because with two games left and this many 7-8 teams it is very unlikely to make up 2 games.

Seems to me like the Bucs have the easiest remaining sched. Packers are right behind with one easy matchup. Shitters are likely to get in with a cupcake matchup vs the Texans next. Eagles should beat the WTF but they're hard to predict and it's a division opponent which is harder. In the top group the Rams have the toughest sched so it is likely they are somewhere mid-pack when the dust settles, whether they win the division or not and the same goes for the Cards due to being a game back of us. I give the Cowboys the edge because they're probably gonna beat the Eagles, though they're in the same boat with us and the Cards.

So basically the top 6 teams looks set to me with maybe the order changing: Packers > Bucs > Cowboys > Rams > Cards > Shitters. Very likely Packers are 1 seed. Likely the Bucs are 2 seed. Likely the Cowboys are 3 seed at worst. Rams probably are 4 seed due to Cards unravelling though the Cards could jump them of course. Cards likely 5 seed though the Shitters might jump them, not sure if the Shitters edge them out if they finish with ten wins. And the Shitters I think are likely 6.

7 seed is very interesting. Saints are shitty but have the easiest remaining sched and have not lost 8 yet unlike the Vikes, Eagles, and Falcons. Falcons have the toughest sched facing a motivated Bills team next weekend. Vikes too being at Packers. No telling really with that bottom seed and it will probably come down to the last game of course.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Using the above then I'm guessing the first playoff weekend we have the following matchups:

Shitters @ Cowboys
Cards @ Rams

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t like the Rams to face the Niners in the playoffs either.

But there is that last game of the season and then probably the Niners in the playoff since the Rams are 3rd seeded to face the number 6th seed, which is exactly where the Niners are at.

Rams have got to face their demons in the Niners and beat them.

Otherwise, all these Niners will say SOSAR.
Don’t be surprised if McVay decides “rest” some key first string guys in the final game to avoid the niners in the playoffs and attempt to save face. It wouldn’t surprise me. Shanny seems to be his kryptonite.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Don’t be surprised if McVay decides “rest” some key first string guys in the final game to avoid the niners in the playoffs and attempt to save face. It wouldn’t surprise me. Shanny seems to be his kryptonite.

I doubt that will happen or the reason for it ? Then again if is the first season of a 1 Ream bye week.

My thoughts were more ,I sort of wished the Rams would have lost to the Vikings only to elmenate the 9ers.
That Ram win at home meant everything to the 9ers.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt that will happen or the reason for it ? Then again if is the first season of a 1 Ream bye week.

My thoughts were more ,I sort of wished the Rams would have lost to the Vikings only to elmenate the 9ers.
That Ram win at home meant everything to the 9ers.
Hopefully the niners still get eliminated. If the Eagles find a way to beat the Cowboys and the stars align, it’s still possible. But yes you are absolutely correct that losing the Vikings game may have been a way to help eliminate the niners. But losing can be contagious. So…

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

Those percentages are crap. The NFL is the Not For Long league. It all changes on a dime. Percentages only predict based on what you have been doing to that point. Never for improvement or other teams getting worse. Injuries or covid. The mean less than a talking heads predictions.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G

This time around facing the Niners at SoFi, McVay will play the starters.

It’s about sharpening the experience and preparing for the playoff game against the Niners after the regular season is over.

I don’t think McVay is sitting the starters but putting the pressure on the Niners to get a win against them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This time around facing the Niners at SoFi, McVay will play the starters.

It’s about sharpening the experience and preparing for the playoff game against the Niners after the regular season is over.

I don’t think McVay is sitting the starters but putting the pressure on the Niners to get a win against them.
I think trying to get that W against the whiners in that final game of the season is an empty gesture. If we do that with very little return in the seedings (moving from any seed to other-than-top-seed), we are risking player injury and might turn around and get the 9ers again anyway. If the top seed is in play then sure go balls out. But I doubt that top seed will be in play for us.

Also I wouldn't go so far as to try to maneuver my seed in order to avoid the 9ers. We're gonna have to beat those fucks most likely and doing that sends the wrong message. McVay has always been about protecting his players, which I think is the correct approach in this situation.

Now I do get the idea of a team going cold with the rest but honestly look at this roster. There are so many vet guys who are hungry for that ring. If this team can't get up for a playoff game then they need to know that so they can blow it up and start over.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hopefully the niners still get eliminated. If the Eagles find a way to beat the Cowboys and the stars align, it’s still possible. But yes you are absolutely correct that losing the Vikings game may have been a way to help eliminate the niners. But losing can be contagious. So…

No doubt,but to say The Rams will give in & SEAN MCVAY(Ram Players) are scared is a FAR CRY!!

This team is hungry & wants to beat the 9ers. Talk about a streak. Everyone can talk about the Greatest show on Turf. (Deleted)~~~
Anyway the biggest test that season was to beat the 9ers. That Baltimore game was the most important to me.Never thought Warner was going to do what Trent Green did.I love Trent Green & Dick Vermeil & what they did for The Rams.
Go back in history & see what Mad Mike did to The Rams ? KC had a pretty good offense back in the early 2000.
Lossing to the 9ers in 2015(16) season stunk. Jeff Fisher had such a good(players) defense back then. Gurley sitting out & then played in the Pro Bowl upset me.

I can go back to my first live pro game in the early 70’s vs 9ers. To say Mcvay whose grew up IN The Niners Family will always be a thing. He knows what that is. He never knew it as Rams Fan.
He was born in 1986 so that steak he only knew about Winning & Beating The Rams.These players know it. Big Whit was asked about being physically beat.That has only made these team stronger & tougher.

I don’t know? What I do know is The Rams have a solid team & run the right way.