Playoff GDT: Steelers @ Bengals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Between the players, officials and weather, the most pitiful playoff game I can remember...

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
porter.0.gif

How do the steelers get away with a coach in the middle of the other teams huddle?

Guy was trolling lol.

It wasn't the huddle.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
It wasn't the huddle.
My question is this. What is a Pittsburgh linebacker coach doing on the field? It was not his player(defense)that was down, and he can say he was checking on his player but he was a good 10 yards away from the player.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Top 5 Wildcard FAILS

Today's game will go to #1.

First the rb fumbles the first play after what was seemingly the game winning turnover then the d gives the steelers 30 yards on penalties from one play for an easy winning fg attempt.

Literally have the game away.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would have provided a better dramatic ending, but it was the right call, IMO.

It was not at all the right call. There should have been offsetting penalties on Joey Porter and Jones AT MOST. Porter is not a player. The only reason he can come on the field is to tend to the injured player. He was not doing that. He was instigating a fight with the Bengals players. If what Jones did is a personal foul, Porter should get a personal foul. Even if you argue that he didn't do anything outrageous enough to deserve it, the fact that he was on the field and not tending to the injured player is enough ALONE for a personal foul.

The refs handed Pittsburgh the win on a silver platter.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Pittsburgh's coaches are developing quite the resume of on-field antics, I think it's bullshit they let him get away with that. A flag should've been thrown immediately on Porter for being smack dab in the middle of the field while jawing at the other team. WTF, bad officiating that favors a marquee franchise again, shocker.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Pittsburgh's coaches are developing quite the resume of on-field antics, I think it's bullcrap they let him get away with that. A flag should've been thrown immediately on Porter for being smack dab in the middle of the field while jawing at the other team. WTF, bad officiating that favors a marquee franchise again, shocker.
It's because the man in they answer to, Mike Tomlin, is an arrogant jackass.

Athos

Legend
The Bungals should have just kneeled 3 times and hit the FG and called it a day.

Putting the ball into Hills fumble fingers was dumb.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
The Bengals earned that loss. They absolutely deserve it.

Fumbling.

STUPID penalties.

That's a meltdown to end all meltdowns.

If I were Lewis I would have considered getting Burfict out of the game. The guy is a loose cannon.

As for the other penalty on Jones---hey--you never know how the refs will call something like that. Why take a chance? Keep your head.

Just dumb.

Still--Pittsburgh is so banged up I don't see how they get past Denver. In a way they destroyed each other.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Three main lessons here: never celebrate too early, penalties do matter, and prevent defense may cost you the game. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is the Bengals way. They have yet to win a playoff game with Marvin Lewis at the helm.

So what's worse, never getting to the dance or blowing it every time you get there?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Plus where was the helmet/helmet call on Shazier earlier in the game on that key fumble that knocked Bernard out of the game?

It was a huge play for them but should have been negated by the penalty. It reminds me of the call on Trumaine Jihnson a couple weeks back that really screwed us and extended a drive. Tru even made an effort to go low. Shazier just aimed at his head.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Three main lessons here: never celebrate too early, penalties do matter, and prevent defense may cost you the game. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is the Bengals way. They have yet to win a playoff game with Marvin Lewis at the helm.

So what's worse, never getting to the dance or blowing it every time you get there?

Kind of reminds me of the frustration I felt during the John Robinson years in the 80s and the Chuck Knox years of the 70s.

Those playoff losses hurt.

I'm sort of numb to bad football right now.

But would I rather the Rams get there and lose?

At least once in awhile. I miss playoff football. :(

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Kind of reminds me of the frustration I felt during the John Robinson years in the 80s and the Chuck Knox years of the 70s.

Those playoff losses hurt.

I'm sort of numb to bad football right now.

But would I rather the Rams get there and lose?

At least once in awhile. I miss playoff football. :(

Oh yeah, I remember those days. Just think what it was like to be a Bills or Vikings fan and go 0-4 in Super Bowls. Yikes! Would rather get to the playoffs at least once in a while though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I thought I was watching a Rams game. That's exactly how we would of given one away. Shocking.

Memphis Ram

Legend
It was not at all the right call. There should have been offsetting penalties on Joey Porter and Jones AT MOST. Porter is not a player. The only reason he can come on the field is to tend to the injured player. He was not doing that. He was instigating a fight with the Bengals players. If what Jones did is a personal foul, Porter should get a personal foul. Even if you argue that he didn't do anything outrageous enough to deserve it, the fact that he was on the field and not tending to the injured player is enough ALONE for a personal foul.

The refs handed Pittsburgh the win on a silver platter.

I disagree. Porter was allowed on the field due to the injury. He lingered on the field which happens during injury timeouts. But, whether or not his motives were impure, he was right there in front of the referees who saw him get bumped and grabbed. If he hit somebody, that would be a different story.

It was up to the Bengals players to be smart and not give in to their feelings and they did not. They simply didn't have enough brains to not to even respond to him.

large.jpg

Last edited: