Players You Think The Rams Should Avoid

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mike Evans scares me.

I'm not sure he'll consistently separate at this level. Yeah, his size and hands will catch some balls, but will he get open against the bigger corners in the NFL?

I don't know that I'll be able to convince anyone of his separation ability but this is something people said about Alshon Jeffery when he came out. I'll say the same thing I said then. You don't become one of the NCAA's best deep threats in the SEC without being able to separate. Here are a couple videos that might help show his ability to separate deep:
Aggie_TD_3.gif

That's Vanderbilt CB Andre Hal. Currently projected as a 5th round pick.

manziel95yardTD_medium.gif

Here, he beats Alabama CB Cyrus Jones deep.

Evans is a long strider with build up speed. When he reaches top end speed, he can motor.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's a long strider, for sure. Can he get off quick enough to get the speed going to get open?

I don't know. That's my worry.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a long strider, for sure. Can he get off quick enough to get the speed going to get open?

I don't know. That's my worry.

Doesn't have to. On deep routes, the speed will be there. On shorter routes, he can use his body and hands to make the grab.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doesn't have to. On deep routes, the speed will be there. On shorter routes, he can use his body and hands to make the grab.
Who do you compare him to?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I'm not sure if he's running at the combine, but he's listed as 4.58 speed. Even that makes me question him.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Jrry, do you rate him as highly as Jeffrey?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm rooting for Evans!

Don't take my critique wrong.

Just posting concerns. If he's a Ram he's my man!

Penguin.

Rookie
I don't know that I'll be able to convince anyone of his separation ability but this is something people said about Alshon Jeffery when he came out. I'll say the same thing I said then. You don't become one of the NCAA's best deep threats in the SEC without being able to separate. Here are a couple videos that might help show his ability to separate deep:
Aggie_TD_3.gif

That's Vanderbilt CB Andre Hal. Currently projected as a 5th round pick.

manziel95yardTD_medium.gif

Here, he beats Alabama CB Cyrus Jones deep.

Evans is a long strider with build up speed. When he reaches top end speed, he can motor.
He gets very upset when shut out. Please watch him when Ej Gaines shut him out, and then the aftermath.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He gets very upset when shut out. Please watch him when Ej Gaines shut him out, and then the aftermath.

Good. I like competitive WRs. Don't want a guy that doesn't care.

Penguin.

Rookie
Good. I like competitive WRs. Don't want a guy that doesn't care.
That came out wrong. What I meant to say was on more than one occasion Johnny left the pocket on a scramble and Evans literally gave up on the play. There are way better options.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That came out wrong. What I meant to say was on more than one occasion Johnny left the pocket on a scramble and Evans literally gave up on the play. There are way better options.

Disagree.