Players You Think The Rams Should Avoid

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Cyrus Koundijo in the first round. Looks like a RT to me and he gets called for too many penalties.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As long as he's buyin :heh:

BTW are you sayin the pro Clowney or the haters are gonna be dining on that menu?

Like I said , who knows right now? there are some issues with the way the kid played this year , a lot of them I write off to the foot, but if the foot is damned sure to be ready to put on the show he claims he will then some of the benefit of the doubt evaporates too.
I don't want the guy because drafting him would be at the expense of fixing/ improving a unit this team needs improved in order to improve THE unit that has virtually no need and even less at his position.
I wouldn't draft a punter that was better than Hekker with the second pick either,I wouldn't focus entirely on ONE need without any BPA element to the pick, but if our highest need fits a player whose draft value is close to BPA ,it would be crazy not to kill two birds with one stone.
IF WE EAT CROW, it will be because we whiffed on the player we decided to take

A punter is a punter. Our 3rd DE plays significant snaps, it is considered one of the most valuable positions and Chris Long isn't a second year pro making very little like Hekker.

I'm saying the people that think Clowney is a bust.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I would rather the Rams take almost anybody over Clowney.

Unfortunately this preference almost totally guarantees that Clowney will be the pick at 2.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would rather the Rams take almost anybody over Clowney.

Unfortunately this preference almost totally guarantees that Clowney will be the pick at 2.
Then reverse it. You know the rules of superstition.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A punter is a punter unless he's Johnny Hekker. Then a punter is a sideline assassin.

Yea but the point is that you only have 1 Punter and there are no splitting snaps.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea but the point is that you only have 1 Punter and there are no splitting snaps.
I know what the point was, Seinfeld. I was just saying. :razz:

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Clowney. High reward/high risk. Besides, don't the rams have greater needs on the OL and Secondary than a DE that will rotate with Long/Quinn?

Greater needs?
Would you really let a silly thing like addressing obvious needs keep the Rams from drafting a player who is so absolutely can't miss and such a transcendent athlete that he may in fact represent the next stage of human evolution???

Addressing needs are for lesser teams, not the Rams.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
As Rich Eisen would say "punters are people too" and we don't need to draft Clowney more than we don't need to draft a punter which he who first mentioned "the undertaker" has the prerogative of determining ,thank you very much.
I call him "the undertaker " cuz he hits the coffin corner with such aplomb.:nau:

ausmurp

Starter
Shazier, LB from Ohio State. Not a fan at all, he's injury prone, so so injury prone. in 2012 he was rolling on the ground it seemed every game. Didn't get hurt as much in 2013 but still too injury prone for our turf, it'll eat him alive.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Cyrus Kouandjio
Taylor Lewan
Zach Mettenberger
Max Bullough
Dion Bailey
Craig Loston
Marqise Lee
Brandon Coleman

To name a few.

Marqise Lee. May I ask why?

In my opinion: He looks like a young Torry Holt to me. He's a first round talent for sure and it wouldn't bother me if we drafted him at 13.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Marqise Lee. May I ask why?

In my opinion: He looks like a young Torry Holt to me. He's a first round talent for sure and it wouldn't bother me if we drafted him at 13.

He looks like Jeremy Maclin to me. Guy that puts up big numbers but struggles with nagging injuries and is a career #2. In the first round, no thanks.

His stats were great...but so were Maclin's. Plus, Lee is a body-catcher that dropped a ridiculous number of passes this year.

I don't see a special NFL WR. Considering the talent in this draft at WR, I think he's going to be over-drafted.

IMO, him and Odell Beckham Jr. are similar type players but Odell has better hands. And nobody considers Odell a top 20 pick.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He looks like Jeremy Maclin to me. Guy that puts up big numbers but struggles with nagging injuries and is a career #2. In the first round, no thanks.

His stats were great...but so were Maclin's. Plus, Lee is a body-catcher that dropped a ridiculous number of passes this year.

I don't see a special NFL WR. Considering the talent in this draft at WR, I think he's going to be over-drafted.

IMO, him and Odell Beckham Jr. are similar type players but Odell has better hands. And nobody considers Odell a top 20 pick.

Interesting. Maybe we should just pick up Maclin in FA and save the draft choice instead. LOL!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mike Evans scares me.

I'm not sure he'll consistently separate at this level. Yeah, his size and hands will catch some balls, but will he get open against the bigger corners in the NFL?