Player tweets that are getting me fired up.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can't deal with any pastries with any kind of "custardy" filling in it...

I've seen Van Wilder... /shudder... 'nuff said.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't deal with any pastries with any kind of "custardy" filling in it...

I've seen Van Wilder... /shudder... 'nuff said.

Not even Bavarian crème? (Which, by the way, is better than both lemon filling and lemon jelly?)

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Meh. I've already proven numerous times that there is indeed a substance known as Lemon Jelly Filling. I can't help it if you live in a cave and think that disgusting lemon custard crap Dunkin uses is somehow the only lemon filling. They play a lot of banjos where you moved to in the Carolinas there Paulie?

Couldn't help but chime in because I've been exposed to both Winchell's and Dunkin Donuts. Grew up in SoCal so all we knew was Winchell's. As a kid, well, you don't really know the difference and don't really care but the filling seemed pretty good compared to others.

As far as donuts go if you're going to put that shit in your system I think I'd go Winchell's but D&D is ok.

NOW, if you want to talk coffee...Well no contest. D&D all day long and 3 cups on Sunday.(y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not even Bavarian crème? (Which, by the way, is better than both lemon filling and lemon jelly?)

Bavarian crème is pretty damn good as long as the donut has a rich chocolate frosting on it.

Couldn't help but chime in because I've been exposed to both Winchell's and Dunkin Donuts. Grew up in SoCal so all we knew was Winchell's. As a kid, well, you don't really know the difference and don't really care but the filling seemed pretty good compared to others.

As far as donuts go if you're going to put that crap in your system I think I'd go Winchell's but D&D is ok.

NOW, if you want to talk coffee...Well no contest. D&D all day long and 3 cups on Sunday.(y)

I honestly haven't had D&D coffee for about 20 years but have had their donuts and they are simply not good. And they certainly don't know Lemon Jelly Filling. It's partly why I don't really fault @-X- for his ignorance on this delectable treat. He simply has only been exposed to that lame excuse for a donut shop - Dunkin'. Y'know, otherwise he's a pretty decent guy and knows a fair amount about..... well now I'm not sure... elevators maybe? My point is though that Paul really needs to get out more. He's been sheltered his entire life from the wonders of the donut world. Too bad really. I feel for him. But don't tell him, cuz I think he's a little shy and unassuming and wouldn't want anyone feeling sorry for him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Bavarian crème is pretty damn good as long as the donut has a rich chocolate frosting on it.

Why would anyone put Bavarian crème inside anything other than a chocolate-frosted donut? But pretty damn good is an understatement. Bavarian crème...it is simply the best, and I will have no arguments about that, as it is a known fact.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

I honestly haven't had D&D coffee for about 20 years but have had their donuts and they are simply not good. And they certainly don't know Lemon Jelly Filling. It's partly why I don't really fault @-X- for his ignorance on this delectable treat. He simply has only been exposed to that lame excuse for a donut shop - Dunkin'. Y'know, otherwise he's a pretty decent guy and knows a fair amount about..... well now I'm not sure... elevators maybe? My point is though that Paul really needs to get out more. He's been sheltered his entire life from the wonders of the donut world. Too bad really. I feel for him. But don't tell him, cuz I think he's a little shy and unassuming and wouldn't want anyone feeling sorry for him.

Well Paul lives in FL so it's kinda like being in another country :)

But seriously, I don't eat donuts much anymore. You know the older you get that shit just sticks to you.
But a friend of mine got me on the D&D coffee and now I'm addicted.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Why would anyone put Bavarian crème inside anything other than a chocolate-frosted donut? But pretty damn good is an understatement. Bavarian crème...it is simply the best, and I will have no arguments about that, as it is a known fact.
I agree. But that freak show D&D puts or used to put "Bavarian Crème" (see instant vanilla pudding) in a powdered sugar coated thing that is simply gross.

You are right though. A good Bavarian Crème donut is maybe the best donut in the world. Even @-X- would probably agree with that. But then again, that is only an assumption and you just never know which way that guy is going to lean.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well Paul lives in FL so it's kinda like being in another country :)

But seriously, I don't eat donuts much anymore. You know the older you get that crap just sticks to you.
But a friend of mine got me on the D&D coffee and now I'm addicted.
Yeah - I've probably had ten donuts in the last two or three years. I'm just not a fan unless I can find a really good donut shop and I can get there before they cool down.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Yeah - I've probably had ten donuts in the last two or three years. I'm just not a fan unless I can find a really good donut shop and I can get there before they cool down.

Now this I agree 100%
Can't beat a fresh donut.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If you've ever seen Van Wilder... if you can stop wretching after that scene... you'll know what I mean.

That and you'll never look at Bulldogs the same again... :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I've never heard of or seen lemon jelly; but a quick search reveals that there is a recipe for it so it does exist. Lemon curd on the other hand is great, my wife makes it, I put it on toast. If you're going to go filled donut, it's the Boston Cream. I used to love D&D, but as the years go on there donuts have become inedible. As far as chains go, Krispy Kreme.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Krispy Kreme. Hot out of the kitchen.

I don't eat donuts very often, but this place is good.