PFT gets in a classic dig at Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Ok, our season's over and I've stopped all the knee-jerk reaction to call for Fisher's head.

Lets not forget that the Rams pre-Fisher were awful, with a roster of awful players, Snead and Fisher have turned that around, the majority of our roster would now walk into starting roles with any playoff team - that has to be applauded. I believe Fisher can get the best out of players, and player with so called 'character issues' that is a plus point.

Fisher came to the Rams because of our QB, Sam Bradford, unfortunately Sam couldn't stay on the field long enough to make a difference. I will call it now, if we had a 100% healthy Bradford this season we would easily be in the playoffs. But we're not, Snead and Fisher game Sam as much time as they could, they HAD to make a decision, and they pulled the trigger on the Foles + Rd 2 2016 draft pick - I think in hindsight they made the right choice. How was Fisher (or anyone) to know that Foles would implode during the GB game and end up looking like a 7th round rookie out there. Our beloved Rams have been playing with backups for pretty much of all of Fisher's time here, I'm sure he assumed getting Foles would at least get him an OK solid QB for this year to run his offense, and I think if he would have lived up to that we would be 2nd in our division and playoff bound.

There have been a few draft duds but also some draft studs - I do believe that the Snisher era have drafted exceptionally well and are constantly in the top 5 of draft picks each season (IMO). We now have an extra 2nd round pick this year to boost our Roster with a starting caliber player.

Lets look at the silver linings please people.
1. We now have a feared Defense - from line to secondary
2. Our Special teams are one of the best units in the league
3. We've rebuilt the O-line with a young unit that I believe will be formidable for years to come.
4. We have arguably the best RB in the league
5. We've got our Swiss Army knife player in Tavon

To me thats a very good list, now all we need is the following:
1. A serviceable QB: I would like to see someone work hard with Mannion in the Offseason and let him take the reigns in 2016
2. Get a solid pair of deep threat WRs, one Vet, one Rookie - and I don't mean a project, I mean someone that can come in and play DAY 1.
3. I would like to see the Rams also keep Welker for another year, he has the passion and knowledge that should help any of our young receivers - maybe a player-coach approach.
4. With Bailey, I'd like to see him on NFIR for another season, just to make sure he's ok...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
This franchise is really a wonderful place for a coach or a player. We will make excuses for just about anything. Heck, I'm still making excuses for Bradford and he's not even here anymore.