PFT gets in a classic dig at Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Is it wrong to want Lovie Smith to be in charge of my beloved Rams?

It's obviously not right or wrong, it's an opinion...I'm not a big fan of Lovie myself.. No particular statistical info involved, just my opinion, for whatever reason...

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Sorry but we as fans have every right to be critical of this organization. Fisher is the 4th highest paid coach in the NFL I believe. Like I've said before in other posts about Fisher, continuity is the best way to have long term success in the NFL. But first you find someone who gets the job done and then you keep them around. As of right now Fisher has not got the job done and he's about to become the first coach ever to get a fifth year after four losing ones. He may get us to the playoffs next year but we will never be a perennial playoff team with him. His 21 year career also backs that assessment up. Playoffs in 2016 or he's gone.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sorry but we as fans have every right to be critical of this organization. Fisher is the 4th highest paid coach in the NFL I believe. Like I've said before in other posts about Fisher, continuity is the best way to have long term success in the NFL. But first you find someone who gets the job done and then you keep them around. As of right now Fisher has not got the job done and he's about to become the first coach ever to get a fifth year after four losing ones. He may get us to the playoffs next year but we will never be a perennial playoff team with him. His 21 year career also backs that assessment up. Playoffs in 2016 or he's gone.

History has nothing to do with the future

Bitch and complain but we have nothing other than $$ to voice our opinions to the owners with and they make so little from fans do you really think they care? If they did a team would never move.

MountainRam

Rookie
History has nothing to do with the future

Bitch and complain but we have nothing other than $$ to voice our opinions to the owners with and they make so little from fans do you really think they care? If they did a team would never move.

With respect, can you please rephrase this?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I can tell most of those people posting the negative comments are coming from someone I would not allow in my life. Calling for anyone to lose their job fits directly in the premise of not throwing stones. Sad that people think it is ok to do that with anyone let alone a guy trying to run a franchise in professional sports. as if the only thing that matters is their own personal gratification that comes from something they have absolutely no input or control towards.

I'm not sure anyone of us is really trying to be so personal they are intentionally hoping their children starve -- I mean we are just football fans, and if the General isn't doing his job, he must go..... I mean hasn't this been the fans viewpoint since the Roman gladiator times? I mean, Are You Not Entertained??

Look I think the Spaniard is overrated and if it wasn't for Juba he wouldn't have gotten all those sweet stats -- I still think we need to fire Proximo

image.jpg

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
With respect, can you please rephrase this?
Umm sure

#1 Fisher's history has little or no bearing on what the team record might be in the future.

#2 We have almost no leverage over what the owners will or won't do other than our $$$ and that has little affect because in reality they don't make money from selling tickets and jerseys.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not sure anyone of us is really trying to be so personal they are intentionally hoping their children starve -- I mean we are just football fans, and if the General isn't doing his job, he must go..... I mean hasn't this been the fans viewpoint and since the Roman gladiator times? I mean, Are You Not Entertained??

Look I think the Spaniard is overrated and if it wasn't for Juba he wouldn't have gotten all those sweet stats -- I still think we need to fire Proximo

View attachment 11698
Well if any of their kids are starving they need a new money manager but for the most part I don't think these guys are working because they need the money as much as they need the juice that comes from the game. And honestly a good percentage of them probably don't have any other marketable skills.

I just don't see the need for every thread to have a ton of "and that's why Fisher should be fired" comments.

MountainRam

Rookie
Umm sure

#1 Fisher's history has little or no bearing on what the team record might be in the future.

#2 We have almost no leverage over what the owners will or won't do other than our $$$ and that has little affect because in reality they don't make money from selling tickets and jerseys.

I was clear on #1 not #2 earlier. Thanks for rephrasing.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like Jeff Fisher a lot, and I am OK with him getting another year, I don't love it, but the Rams aren't far away, I just don't like the idea of starting over unless there is a for sure upgrade out there.

And even he does suck and get fired next year it helps our cause for hunting for an attractive coach, it at least shows that this organization is patient and willing to give you adequate time to build a winner if we gave a guy 5 years before we finally pulled the plug. Unlike most other NFL teams today.

But PFT are kinda dicks, the nuclear bomb quote was funny, but still a dick comment.

Stockholm Syndrome?

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Let's see if he can outlast David Shula next year and make history! Week 8 or broke!

Every single hunch Fisher has had has been wrong. Every single thing he has tried in 4 years has failed. He was given more draft treasure than any coach I can think of and squandered it. He hand picked 2 "franchise Quarterbacks", (one that he "came here for" and one he traded for). By all means though, let's have him take another whack at it.

After 4 years of futility and "bad luck" he is due right?

What is the definition of insanity again?

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it depends on who they hire to run the offense and if that person is given the freedom and resources to turn things around. A good coordinator who is allowed to run the show will take us a long way next year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Let's see if he can outlast David Shula next year and make history! Week 8 or broke!

Every single hunch Fisher has had has been wrong. Every single thing he has tried in 4 years has failed. He was given more draft treasure than any coach I can think of and squandered it. He hand picked 2 "franchise Quarterbacks", (one that he "came here for" and one he traded for). By all means though, let's have him take another whack at it.

After 4 years of futility and "bad luck" he is due right?

What is the definition of insanity again?
So the 51 of the 53 players on the roster that have been replaced and none of them are worth having. Not DROY Donald or soon to be OROY Gurley or Quinn, Brockers, McDonald, Havenstein, Robinson or Austin. Maybe Slightly over exaggerating??

Did Fisher say Foles is a franchise QB or was he trying something different since Bradford could not stay on the field, would not rework his contract and had already demolished any chance of a winning team for 2 years in a row? You would have stayed with Bradford?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Hitting the reset button every few years has always been the path to building a consistent stable NFL franchise.
Keeping a coach with a losing record after 4 years has always been the path to building a consistent stable NFL franchise.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
So the 51 of the 53 players on the roster that have been replaced and none of them are worth having. Not DROY Donald or soon to be OROY Gurley or Quinn, Brockers, McDonald, Havenstein, Robinson or Austin. Maybe Slightly over exaggerating??

Did Fisher say Foles is a franchise QB or was he trying something different since Bradford could not stay on the field, would not rework his contract and had already demolished any chance of a winning team for 2 years in a row? You would have stayed with Bradford?

I know, right?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Keeping a coach with a losing record after 4 years has always been the path to building a consistent stable NFL franchise.

Sarcasm noted.

How would one know however, since it's never happened?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't let myself forget just how bad this team was. It takes time to completely resurrect a dead roster. Everyone was, on the Colts balls because they went from worst to the playoffs so quickly. It seemed like if they can do it any coach and GM should be able to. And without their QB they suck. How good was that great Cardin a l team without Carson Palmer?

Has Fisher made mistakes? I think most of us would think so but, most of the gaffes have reason reasonable explanations behind them.Fans just don't want to hear it. Overall he has put together a great defense, and what looks like what could be a very good OLine in the near future. He has the backs to have a good running game. So he needs to figure out the QB spot and get some pass catchers. Maybe the roster rebuild has been going just as planned. Maybe,if Bradford pans out the Rams make the playoffs a few times. Maybe if the Foles that played in the first game against Seattle, showed up all of this fire Fisher talk would not be happening.