Perspective is badly needed here

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
Rams should be good in the years to come.... and I consider this season to be a success.

But I've been a Rams fan for 30 some years.. I've seen them average a super bowl every 10 years, and have way more seasons where they were a laughing stock organization. It wasn't just that we lost - it's how inept we were. We went from this greater then GSOT offense to scoring 3 pts in the SuperBowl.

Past experience have made me cynical... Hopefully the future proves me wrong.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
And I'm talking all over the place, from the LA Times to internet Ramsdom. I simply cannot believe the amount of butthurt takes I have seen, and it's disappointing tbh.

We just went to the Super Bowl and played a hard-fought defensive game in which we were a couple near-miss plays away from taking control and things maybe playing out much differently. We have the youngest coach in the NFL, some of the best young players in the league at key positions, and an enormously bright future.

Chin up MFers. Nothing has changed. This is an amazing time to be a Rams fan. (y)

This.

London_Ram

Rookie
Undoubtedly, and bizarre that the Patriots have become more favoured since last night when going out on a win could lead to Brady/Gronk ultimately deciding to call it a day.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Respectfully disagree, flv. LA Champ would have started a nuclear firestorm with his “I told you so” tractor-trailer BS.

Unfortunately, there are still a few members around here like that (raised fist and Mach S come to mind) where their need to say “I told you so” and spew is greater than their support for the Rams.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Let's hope it won't take another 17 years to get there again, because many of us are not as young as springtime anymore.

Indeed our salad days are well behind us LOL.

Hate to say it but now you guys know how some of Vikings fans felt after our Super Bowl loss to the Raiders. Just never really in the game. It sucks.

It's not a parallel at all. At the end of the 3rd quarter it was 3-3 with the Rams starting at their own 7 yard line.

This was anyone's game up until roughly 10 minutes in the 4th when Brady summoned up 4 straight pass plays that were all big time plays.

The Vikings never had a chance in that game. The Rams were in it until midway through the 4th quarter.

I miss LAchamp. Other than his distaste for Goff he was IMO a good poster.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I get it we have a great nucleus, but opportunities like yesterday come along only once for most teams and it is very hard to get back because still NO, Philly, Dallas, Seattle etc will be beathing down our necks. So to maximize our opportunity we had was Paramount. Besides it was 3 - 3 super late in the game. We needed to do better period. Sorry if I don't share the "happy to have made it to the Superbowl" sentiment. I am honestly over it I an trying to be objective here and to me where I sit the Rams have a high powered offense and a respectable Defense we should have won. We have better players overall this was our game for the taking and we didn't take it. We were right there.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well it was a "toss n turn" type of night for me. Today I'm surprisingly not upset or anything...just disappointed that they lost to a watered down version of the Patriots.

Actually I was talking with some of my co-workers, about how pissed I am at the rest of the NFL, specifically the AFCE for having 17 years of top draft picks and free agents and STILL can't take the Patriots down.

It's hard to get back to the SB, but shit happens I guess. Denver tried once a couple years ago and got blown out, then won it a couple years later. So it's possible, but it's very hard. At least they are still a good team.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I don't know about everyone else, but i'm still shocked that we scored 3 points

It is hard to fathom and hard to take, it just feels like we must be in the twilight zone

CVita

UDFA
Name
Chris
And I'm talking all over the place, from the LA Times to internet Ramsdom. I simply cannot believe the amount of butthurt takes I have seen, and it's disappointing tbh.

We just went to the Super Bowl and played a hard-fought defensive game in which we were a couple near-miss plays away from taking control and things maybe playing out much differently. We have the youngest coach in the NFL, some of the best young players in the league at key positions, and an enormously bright future.

Chin up MFers. Nothing has changed. This is an amazing time to be a Rams fan. (y)
The past 2 seasons have been the most exciting in 17 years. I've taken a lot of abuse about being a Rams fan over almost 40 years in Western NY. It was amazing to hear people talk positively on tv and the radio every day about my team. I've been so conditioned to be disappointed that I was complaining about our draft position this year!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
“But we lost the Super Bowl!”

We? What position do you play?

I dunno about you, but I play Couch, Left Cushion. As well, I have the designated remote, so I call all the viewing plays...although the wife...er...coach... is in my ear well into the 15 seconds, although for some reason, that's not against the rules in my house...