Paxton Lynch's Pro Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Did a hell of a job running it for three games though!(y)

Very small sample size and people here were calling him a first rounder while guys like Cossell and Mayock said he looked like a third rounder.

This season he had a shot to be the man. But he struggled with the red zone. So, Meyer started subbing in Barrett. Does that really sound like a guy that is going to be able to handle and NFL offense? Sure, maybe if he was on a dominant team he could pull it off, but so did Kaepernick and we see where that one went.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Very small sample size and people here were calling him a first rounder while guys like Cossell and Mayock said he looked like a third rounder.

This season he had a shot to be the man. But he struggled with the red zone. So, Meyer started subbing in Barrett. Does that really sound like a guy that is going to be able to handle and NFL offense? Sure, maybe if he was on a dominant team he could pull it off, but so did Kaepernick and we see where that one went.

IDK, that's why I feel strongly he needs to be with an organization that has a QB guru as the Head Coach like the Saints and the Dolphins. He's big, a good athlete and has a great arm so there have been other profession Quarterbacks that offered far less then along came Jones.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
IDK, that's why I feel strongly he needs to be with an organization that has a QB guru as the Head Coach like the Saints and the Dolphins. He's big, a good athlete and has a great arm so there have been other profession Quarterbacks that offered far less then along came Jones.
If he'd been able to hold on to the job last year you might have been able to talk me into him being a potential guy. But he lost it and when I saw him as the starter he didn't look good doing it, granted I only saw a couple games.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Just watching nfl live. Todd mcshay gave lynch a round 2 grade. Had him going in the last 3rd of the 1st but said he wouldn't take him until the 2nd round.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Just watching nfl live. Todd mcshay gave lynch a round 2 grade. Had him going in the last 3rd of the 1st but said he wouldn't take him until the 2nd round.

Interesting, didn't McShay get like 4 of the 32 first round picks right last year?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting, didn't McShay get like 4 of the 32 first round picks right last year?

Don't know. I don't think they're about getting picks right. They just give their opinions on the prospects.

I know he was bang on about Clausen. And he and kiper were spot on about Russell Wilson when they said if he was a few inches taller he would go in the top 10.

Mind you i have no opinion about lynch. Just passing on information i heard.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't know. I don't think they're about getting picks right. They just give their opinions on the prospects.

I know he was bang on about Clausen. And he and kiper were spot on about Russell Wilson when they said if he was a few inches taller he would go in the top 10.

Mind you i have no opinion about lynch. Just passing on information i heard.

Yeah I don't worry too much about the tv experts they're wrong more than right. I just look at what I can of a player and hope for the best. Either way I can't wait for the 28th!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
We all know this, but this is his Pro Day thread. I remember both of them, and Manziel was NOT spectacular, and Teddy flat out sucked. Lynch, IMO, has way more talent than the rest of them. He also has more talent than Brock. Both Wentz, and Goff are more pro ready. Both are better players right now, but Lynch has the highest upside. So what if he has to sit and learn? Most QB's should do that anyway. It's not like we are asking our current QB's to go out and win games.

So, when I ask what is someone else's option, I mean, what would you do (your plan), not what you wouldn't do?

Well I would not draft him at 15, I think a WR would make a lot more sense. Lynch might have improved his footwork, but we agree he would sit a year? and he would sit behind Keenum ? we don't have a veteran QB to him to learn from so I think he would be a project pick and I don't see our current regime drafting a project QB for the future since they are under the gun to make the playoffs. If coach believes in Keenum like he says he does, then I say give him weapons and as long as he doesn't turn it over, we will be very competitive.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And he and kiper were spot on about Russell Wilson when they said if he was a few inches taller he would go in the top 10.
Does that make them spot on or dead wrong?
Fact is, Wilson SHOULD have been drafted in the top 10 despite his height....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lynch might have improved his footwork, but we agree he would sit a year?
Well, who is saying he needs to sit a year AFTER he's shown such remarkable improvement?
Its been said ad nauseum, there have been plenty of QB "projects" who didn't factor in to year one plans who ended up playing right away, and well.
If he truly is a first round talent, he'll play UNLESS the team that drafts him has a better option

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I guess we will see, if they draft him and he turns out good I will be very happy. However I don't see fish and Snead drafting a QB at 15 , they have surprised me before so we will see. I just see a QB being taken later on in the draft, Kevin Hogan is pro ready and I see him or cook being taken later on in the draft.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
well I hope he does , but I don't see the rams drafting a QB in the first round. I think they truly believe in Keenum and I think they give him a playmaker in the first round or a defensive stud.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The scouts wanted to see him change speeds, and levels, and there was a pretty strong swirling wind. Now, that said, he threw one 70 yards in the air. He has the best arm out of the top 3, and I really don't think it's close.

What I saw from the combine, much improved footwork. Much improved. His day was scripted to show his big arm though, and it surely did.

When this process started, I said there's a lot to like, and a lot to work with. I've seen improvement with his mechanics, but yes, when the bullets are flying, things can change. I like him, I'd take him at 15, but not sure he'd be there. I think guys are under mocking him, currently.

I fully admit I wasn't really sold on him. But the more I watch I'm cool with him at 15 (if we don't move up for one of the others). Seems to have all the tools and with some coaching and experience he could turn into the real deal.
And perhaps with the extra picks in the 2nd we can add a TE or move up to get someone like Doctson to add to the weapons.

Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I fully admit I wasn't really sold on him. But the more I watch I'm cool with him at 15 (if we don't move up for one of the others). Seems to have all the tools and with some coaching and experience he could turn into the real deal.
And perhaps with the extra picks in the 2nd we can add a TE or move up to get someone like Doctson to add to the weapons.

Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.
I have a feeling it's either him, or Cook, and I'd rather take him, give him a handful of games to learn, then start him. He's athletic, has a big arm, and really good size.

Plus, he just seems to fit, in our conference.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I have a feeling it's either him, or Cook, and I'd rather take him, give him a handful of games to learn, then start him. He's athletic, has a big arm, and really good size.

Plus, he just seems to fit, in our conference.

Agree with you man. if we don't get one of the three in the first I'd rather go with someone else later rounds than Cook.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Agree with you man. if we don't get one of the three in the first I'd rather go with someone else later rounds than Cook.
I have studied so many of them, and I just don't love anyone, except the big 3. Hundley is GB's #2 now, ughhhh.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
well I hope he does , but I don't see the rams drafting a QB in the first round. I think they truly believe in Keenum and I think they give him a playmaker in the first round or a defensive stud.

The idea that they really believe in Keenum is either the greatest smoke screen or absolute truth. There isn't much grey area there. If they are smoke screening they have done a very good job of it - people everywhere are convinced that he is there guy.