Our WR Group

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Honestly I can't rave enough about them this year. They have a swagger now and a 'can do' mentality that I think can be attributed to the arrival of Kenny Britt. He might not have been a world beater the last two games stat wise but he is demanding safeties being rolled his way both games so far and he has made a direct impact to our WR core. So far I'd have to say he is the best off season move we have made so far when you consider his contract.

Eventually they are going to man him up 1v1 when they start trying to roll coverages towards Quick, Cook, or slot for Tavon and he will start shining.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Kenny Britt was the best thing to happen to this offense as far was WR's are concerned.
When Quick signs his extension, I'm getting his jersey.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Yeah a lot of people thought we were crazy not to draft a WR. We're showing now why we are ok there. Lots of depth - and also guys who bring something different to the table. Pettis with his clutch hands, Quick's monster physicality, Givens speed, Baileys savviness etc.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I loved the end around (is that what it's called?) Britt ran. Not only is he fast but he's built like a truck. It's a little different trying to bring him down vs Tavon. Btw, when Bailey comes back next week this offense is going to be real interesting to watch. Bailey is going to ball for sure.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
It is a little bittersweet when I think what the O could be if SB8 hadn't gone down with the ACL injury but the future is still looking bright when/if he's back. Props to Davis and go Rams! 9-7 ain't out of reach!

TShram03

UDFA
The sample size is small (can't stress that enough) but the effort of the group so far has been wildly satisfactory.

Quick is playing like a WR1

Pettis is a forgotten man...until he pulls that Ricky Proehl ish. Good to have a guy like that buried on the depth chart for those moments.

Cookie has seemingly caught everything thrown his way. Only a matter of time til he breaks one of those.

Britt - as many of you have pointed out - may be the emotional heartbeat of this group and the reason why they've "mentally" turned it on. Just play fast and cocky, even if you screw up your assignment.

Hope Tavon is OK. He too, of course, is just one play away from doing something special.

Stedman might just be the most well-rounded, consistent, any-other-boringly-positive-adjective player in the entire unit. Getting him back can only add to the output of this group.

It really does make the Bradford injury that much more frustrating. If these guys really have blossomed into an above average unit, it's too bad they won't get to exploit Bradford's arm talent doing it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Our TE's played solid
Damn right. Kendricks is always there when you need him, Harkey is a tough sumbitch who can do it all, and Cook just keeps making those tough grabs. The receivers appear to be stepping up their game too now, so all this blue-collar stuff is going to pay dividends. No real super stars. Just a bunch of hard-working gritty bastids who are coming together as a group. It's awesome.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know, things are looking up. I think Tavon is going to get it sooner than later and be a good player for us. I've always believed in Bailey, when he gets back, he's a legitimate threat. Quick is showing up in a big way. And Britt, Pettis, and Givens can all function as role players. Plus, Cook and Kendricks have looked good early on. Things are definitely looking up.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Yeah a lot of people thought we were crazy not to draft a WR. We're showing now why we are ok there. Lots of depth - and also guys who bring something different to the table. Pettis with his clutch hands, Quick's monster physicality, Givens speed, Baileys savviness etc.

i think pettis deserve some congrats here. he seldom has his # called but when he does he usually delivers. i have never understood the hatered of him by so many fans.

Alan

Legend
iamme33 forgetting about first and second impressions:
i think pettis deserve some congrats here. he seldom has his # called but when he does he usually delivers. i have never understood the hatered of him by so many fans.
I would attribute it to all those crucial drops and his inability to get open regularly in his first two years. Other than that he's been wicked good. ;) He's not low on the depth chart because of his personal hygiene issues. :LOL:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Honestly I can't rave enough about them this year. They have a swagger now and a 'can do' mentality that I think can be attributed to the arrival of Kenny Britt. He might not have been a world beater the last two games stat wise but he is demanding safeties being rolled his way both games so far and he has made a direct impact to our WR core. So far I'd have to say he is the best off season move we have made so far when you consider his contract.

Eventually they are going to man him up 1v1 when they start trying to roll coverages towards Quick, Cook, or slot for Tavon and he will start shining.

Britt and Cook changed how the Bucs we're lining up on defense yesterday and a couple of us at the game noticed it........ on one play the safety came straight up to the line to help double Cook and actually made a good play on the ball

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Id much rather have Watkins on this team than Givens... but thats just me

I'd rather have Bortles on this team than Keenum. But that wasn't the choice we were given. ;)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Well, I like that our corps is very diverse and each guy brings something to the table...but we still only scored one TD. I'd like to see some more explosive plays out of our guys.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Kenny Britt was the best thing to happen to this offense as far was WR's are concerned.
When Quick signs his extension, I'm getting his jersey.

I already got a Brian Quick jersey and i'm wearing it to the Cowboys game!!! oh Yeah!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm definitely Not worried about our receiving corps and TE's stepping-up anymore! And can you imagine how it's going to look when Bailey comes back!!:D :D

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Lets not go overboard here....
It was good to get the victory yesterday, and the recievers looked OK...
Quick does seem to have caught on....

but this team is middle of the pack in reciveing yards. Is the only team with NO recieivng TDs so far, and honestly has not played anyone considered a playoff caliber team yet and is only averaging 12.5 points per game (yes only 2 games).

Do I like the progress shown yes...but lets be honest the WR corps is not scaring anyone at this point.

(Yes I realize it was our 3rd string QB out there)