Our Next QB.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joe Pendleton, baby.

4nwqzz1mq5zhdrmfg.jpg
I thought that was Tom Jarrett?

RFIP

I don't know how this plays out but when I look at all of what should be the facts I can't see a scenario where Sam isn't in the mix unless the Rams completely shit the bed this year (which I don't see) and the entire FO & coaching staff get canned.

Short of that I think it is highly likely the Rams end up somewhere between 7-9 and 10-6 this season putting them far out of reach of the top 2 QB's next spring unless they want to wager a TON of draft picks to move up which IMO is not in Fisher's MO.

Also, dream as some may, there isn't any AVAILABLE franchise QB's who will be on the trading block.

Even going back to the draft, I don't see Fisher in YEAR FOUR opting to start ANY rookie, that won't fly in what WILL BE a must win season.

I admit it will be dicey counting on Sam's knee to hold up but I have a few thoughts there too.

I wonder when they get in there just how bad (or NOT bad) it really is? His comments on how different (good) he feels this time compared to Carolina has me wondering...

I would like to see what the doctors say post surgery, hopefully its real good news there, and I would like to see Sam back to finish his deal along with the best QB they can draft WHERE THEY ARE in the draft, without leveraging picks that will cost them talent.

I have to believe that all things being equal, and with how good he looked, that silent Sam and company want to see their investment pay off here rather than somewhere else (Arizona?).

Finally I bet if Sam is back he goes through all the off season stuff BUT does not play in ANY PS next summer.

This is going to be very interesting folks.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Its not baggage, its criminal activity from what ive heard. No thanks. When your best escape is from jail........

But his gang voted for him as "best leader" and "most likely to dodge a drive by" in 2013!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, even if we draft a top rookie can we reasonably expect that rookie to master Schotty's play book and be ready to lead us on a playoff run?

I expect Sam to be back hopefully on a short win-win renegotiated contract.

Imagine this scenario; We draft a top rookie QB and Sam lights it up. That's some serious trade capital.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yeah, even if we draft a top rookie can we reasonably expect that rookie to master Schotty's play book and be ready to lead us on a playoff run?

I expect Sam to be back.

Imagine this scenario; We draft a top rookie QB and Sam lights it up. That's some serious trade capital.

It would be like Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers in San Diego. Brees left via free agency (Bradford in final year of deal) and Rivers took over.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It would be like Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers in San Diego. Brees left via free agency (Bradford in final year of deal) and Rivers took over.

Yeah. I added edited my post to include a renegotiated deal that adds a year so something. I am not sure that's even possible.

But if we end up with a Rivers succession plan, I don't think I'd complain about that outcome, either.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I want Bradford. He has a higher ceiling than any QB not named Luck taken in the last 10 years. It is a shame that he was dealt the hand he was with his supporting cast, but that happens. Now that he finally has some talent around him, I think he will realize the immense talent that we have seen only in flashes up to this point.

I am not opposed to drafting a QB high if he were to fall in to your lap, but I would not trade my future to move up for a guy who is not as good as what we already have.

My worry with Sam is that even if he plays 16 in 2015 that doesn't suddenly mean he isn't going to get injured in 2016, I'm not sure I'd ever be able to trust him at this point.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My worry with Sam is that even if he plays 16 in 2015 that doesn't suddenly mean he isn't going to get injured in 2016, I'm not sure I'd ever be able to trust him at this point.

You are not alone there.

But, geez he was hit like a rag doll early in his career and always bounced up.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
You are not alone there.

But, geez he was hit like a rag doll early in his career and always bounced up.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I know that Bradford is beloved, but the Rams need a QB who can stay on the field.

nighttrain

Legend

I expect Sam to be back hopefully on a short win-win renegotiated contract.

thinking and hoping you are right on CGI
train

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I get drafting for extreme potential. But considering all the issues that Sam Bradford dealt with, much of which wasn't his fault (lack of surrounding talent/protection/different OC's in consecutive years). We drafted Bradford when he was coming off an injury from OU. We signed other players like Scott Wells that needed sugery before they ever played a snap for the Rams.

NO MAS!

I want the next iron man QB, instead of just talent....Brett Favre clone, are you in the 2015 Draft?

Watch Christian Hackenburg of Penn State. He will be a great. He reminds me a lot of Favre. He has a very strong arm, very accurate, throws great on the run, throws darts while in stride, is not easy to take down, throws with guys draped on him. This is one of the best QBs I have seen in a long time. But he is probably not available in the draft this year, but when he is he will go #1 overall.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get drafting for extreme potential. But considering all the issues that Sam Bradford dealt with, much of which wasn't his fault (lack of surrounding talent/protection/different OC's in consecutive years). We drafted Bradford when he was coming off an injury from OU. We signed other players like Scott Wells that needed sugery before they ever played a snap for the Rams.

NO MAS!

I want the next iron man QB, instead of just talent....Brett Favre clone, are you in the 2015 Draft?
The complete irony of how unlikely Sam Bradford going down for a second time on the same knee can be reflected by the streak by Trent Green. I saw where he went on to start 81 games in a row with the Chiefs from 2001 to 2006. Wow!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watch Christian Hackenburg of Penn State. He will be a great. He reminds me a lot of Favre. He has a very strong arm, very accurate, throws great on the run, throws darts while in stride, is not easy to take down, throws with guys draped on him. This is one of the best QBs I have seen in a long time. But he is probably not available in the draft this year, but when he is he will go #1 overall.
Thanks, Ill be watching him........Just like rdlkgliders says, we might have to go with Bradford for another year at a much reduced price (I hope), until Hackenburg is available (or someone like him)

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
This year's QB class should be one of the better classes in awhile. I have to imagine Snead had this in mind when he didn't add one earlier than Gilbert.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I want a bruiser, tough guy, leader, down the field decisive passer, quick release......Bradshaw, Warner, Farve, Rothlesburger type players, to mention a few.