Our Next QB.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I know winston seems like a headcase but just seems to me the best talent. If you want brett farve-esqe escapability...

jameis-winston-crab-legs.jpg

His baggage probably makes him drop like rocks too. So good for us if he's our guy.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I do admit though I tend to (mostly wrongly) fall into the "Skip Bayless group" of guys who are enamored by the mobile guys.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I think it depends on how the season goes and how Hill plays as to what the Rams will actually do. If Hill plays well, I think they renegotiate Sams contract into something incentive based and draft someone in the 3rd-4th round. If Hill shits the bed, they go QB 1st round, get rid of Sam completely/try to renegotiate him for pennies.

Either way, it's going to be hard for them to pass up on a QB this year in the 1st if he falls in their lap. Even more so if we are drafting middle to lower middle round again.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Maybe he has an off year and is available in 2nd or 3rd round. I like this kid. I'm not overly impressed with the QB crop and think guys like Cook and Mariota will get over drafted.
As for Hogan, please no....

My wish list is a healthy Bryce Petty at QB, and Dana Holgorsen as OC. Oh the creativity!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Taylor Kelly from ASU is a guy to watch out for. Getting overlooked in the Big 12 but he is my QB that will emerge this year and could be a nice 2nd round pick to build around.

Right now he is near the top for me for potential Rams qbs. Solid arm though needs to get more velocity out of deeper throws, quick release, mobile and durable. Will be watching him closely all year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I also like Bryce Petty. He needs to work on his motion though. Hardly uses his lower body when making throws, seems he only plants his foot a tiny bit and thats for the rhythm of the pass. So with some changes in that, it will make him better in the deeper passing game. They say he has a week arm but I think its solid for not using his lower body hardly. He also puts the ball where only his receiver will get it or no one can.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Hackenberg isnt available till 2016 btw.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pac 12 seems to have some of the better options. halliday, hogan and mannion are my favorites while mariota, hundley and kelly will be worth watching as well. good conference for qb's . mich st vs oregon game will be good qb scouting time, plus just being a good game in general.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Right now he is near the top for me for potential Rams qbs. Solid arm though needs to get more velocity out of deeper throws, quick release, mobile and durable. Will be watching him closely all year.

Agree on the deep balls. Always had the same trajectory, hoping he can correct that. He has the hard stuff down like decision making and pretty quick release and understands the game. Lots of intangibles too IMO

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Idk what Fisher will decide to do but I do know that Marcus Mariota will go No 1 overall. GURANTEED

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I want a QB that is multi-faceted .... Kinda like Luck, Wilson, Bortles ... Someone that CAN run the ZR at times, but also is adapt at being under Center and dropping back. That is what I am going to be looking for. I would like him "mobile" ... but not necessarily a "runner". Just a guy who can move the pocket and bide time .. or get the yards needed. I don't want a JFFB or RG3 who is always looking to run ... those guys get killed.

But most of all ... .he must be SMART.... a leader and a team player!

Ramathon

My wish list is a healthy Bryce Petty at QB, and Dana Holgorsen as OC. Oh the creativity!
Did I not hear yesterday that Petty is questionable (questionable?) for this week's game with 2 broken vertebrae?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I know winston seems like a headcase but just seems to me the best talent. If you want brett farve-esqe escapability...

jameis-winston-crab-legs.jpg

His baggage probably makes him drop like rocks too. So good for us if he's our guy.

Its not baggage, its criminal activity from what ive heard. No thanks. When your best escape is from jail........