Our defense needs a nickname ASAP

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Sounds too much like rug munchers. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
WdjiXS8.gif

RamsFan14

Starter
Adenosine Tetraphosphate (ATeP), tetra for 4 phosphates (our DL). Sounds clever to me...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sack City? That is what they are calling it? That is so lame.

They just need to name the Defensive line and it shouldn't be named with the city. The Steel Curtain was about the Dline. Was the Orange Crush the line or the whole D? It needs to be about the players though. Like the Minister of Defense was Reggie White, Megatron is Calvin. The city of St. Louis has nothing to do with how good the D is. They are just the home and the fans. The D needs its own name......or the Dline does. I am fine with Thunderstorm if that is what the players are calling it. It is not as ominous as I would hope for but oh well. Maybe the Perfect Storm would be better.

Now maybe if there is something that St. Louis is known for that can be incorporated into the name, like The New York Sack Exchange for the New York Jets. Or the Steel Curtain was because Steel was made in Pittsburgh and that is why the name of the team is what it is.

What is St. Louis known for? Blues Music? That isn't so tough. It is the Gateway to the West right? Maybe use the name Gateway in the name? Or Gamblers because of Riverboat Gamblers? With Williams love for blitzing they could call the entire D the Gateway Gamblers. Blitzing is a bit of a gamble isn't it?

Other things the City is known for:
7Up but since Dr. Pepper is the sponsor then that is out.
Barbeque- they could be called the Rib crackers
Clydesdale horses- the D line could be the 4 Horsemen

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

They just need to name the Defensive line and it shouldn't be named with the city. The Steel Curtain was about the Dline. Was the Orange Crush the line or the whole D? It needs to be about the players though. Like the Minister of Defense was Reggie White, Megatron is Calvin. The city of St. Louis has nothing to do with how good the D is. They are just the home and the fans. The D needs its own name......or the Dline does. I am fine with Thunderstorm if that is what the players are calling it. It is not as ominous as I would hope for but oh well. Maybe the Perfect Storm would be better.

Now maybe if there is something that St. Louis is known for that can be incorporated into the name, like The New York Sack Exchange for the New York Jets. Or the Steel Curtain was because Steel was made in Pittsburgh and that is why the name of the team is what it is.

What is St. Louis known for? Blues Music? That isn't so tough. It is the Gateway to the West right? Maybe use the name Gateway in the name? Or Gamblers because of Riverboat Gamblers? With Williams love for blitzing they could call the entire D the Gateway Gamblers. Blitzing is a bit of a gamble isn't it?

Other things the City is known for:
7Up but since Dr. Pepper is the sponsor then that is out.
Barbeque- they could be called the Rib crackers
Clydesdale horses- the D line could be the 4 Horsemen
Yeah I do not like sack city.

But I do like 4 horsemen!

Make it so!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah I do not like sack city.

But I do like 4 horsemen!

Make it so!
I agree except that unlike days gone by, the front four don't play practically every snap. We rotate so much that it might be somewhat of a slap to the blue collar work ethic this team seems to have going for it.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Mid-West Nightmare?
Arch City Cyclone?
Menacing Maniacs?
Monsters of Missouri?
The Gateway 8 or 9?
The Gateway Gang?
Crunch Bunch?
Magnificent 11?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't like it either. Sooner or later some marketing "genius" is going to put together an anthem using the Jefferson Starship song.

We built sack city...
We built sack city with Quinn and Long...
We built sack city...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't like it either. Sooner or later some marketing "genius" is going to put together an anthem using the Jefferson Starship song.

We built sack city...
We built sack city...

StLouieRam

UDFA
IMG_9444-690x377.jpg

(photo : urbanistdispatch.com/2014/01/st-louis-brick-paradox/)

Spend sometime in the city of St. Louis, walk around its neighborhoods take in the sights, notice its architecture, the character, the attention to detail, the ornamentation. This city was built from the clay dug from its rivers and beneath its soil. That clay was shaped, pressed and baked into the building blocks from which this city sprang. Brick. St. Louis is a brick city with a housing stock that dates back past the turn of the 20th century. Rivaled only by NY or Boston in the sheer number of brick homes.

How do you build a brick wall? One brick at time, staggered so the weight is evenly distributed among each brick. You put mortar in the crevices to bind the whole thing together. A brick wall is a team, it's a unit. It's sturdy its impenetrable. I know there's an expression but people don't run through brick walls. Brick walls hurt.

If you want a nickname that represents what Fisher, Snead, Greg Williams, Demoff and Coach Waufle are building, a nickname that represents St. Louis, a nickname that is simply stated but evokes grit,toughness and character, then I humbly submit "The Brick Wall".

preview_nfl-st-louis-rams-logo-on-grey_1600x1200_1093-desktop.jpg

(photo : sportshdwallpapers.com/wallpapers/preview_nfl-st-louis-rams-logo-on-grey_1600x1200_1093-desktop.jpg )

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm confident Long, Quinn, and the rest of the gang will come up with something good after the've shown the world!!:cool:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
punisher-skull-530-x-298.jpg

Gateway Punishers

Last edited: