Online dating and stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...ng-internet-suitor-with-baseball-bat.html.csp

Oregon woman accused of assaulting Internet suitor with baseball bat
By Steven DuBois
The Associated Press

PORTLAND — Police say an Alabama man who traveled to Oregon to live with a woman he met online not only struck out — he got struck in the skull.

Sgt. Chris Baldridge of the Marion County Sheriff’s Office said today that 26-year-old Samuel Campbell of Adger, Ala., met 24-year-old Haley Fox of Turner in 2013 and the two began an online relationship.

Last week, Campbell traveled to Oregon to meet Fox in person for the first time and live with her. Baldridge said Fox led Campbell to a table outside her home and told him to close his eyes. She then hit him with a baseball bat, fracturing his skull.

According to Baldridge, Fox told investigators she injured Campbell because she did not want to be his girlfriend.

Fox posted bail after being charged with assault. Campbell has been released from the hospital.

My long distance relationship was not too far off from this. She never hit me with a baseball bat but when she was done with me I felt like I was hit with one. That woman was batshit crazy and she worked my head over like she was kneading dough. I had no idea what I got myself into.

Long distance relationships are not good IMO. After that experience I found that when you are far apart there are a lot of blanks that need filled in and you mostly fill them in yourself with positive ideas that are not accurate. The other thing is that you cannot tell if someone is lying when you cannot see their face. I visited Chicago and met this woman and came home and started an online/onphone relationship. I visited her a few months later and started to see some red flags but chose to ignore them........don't ever ignore a red flag even if you think you might be misunderstanding it. Even though I know they can work out I wont ever advocate that anyone I know partake in one.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I had a Korean girlfriend for a few months. It was very strange because she was adopted by an American couple when she was 1 year old. But she had an accent that sounded very much like a Korean person. She did come here with her 4 year old sister so maybe that is why but I still would have thought she would have lost it by then. I really didn't like it after a while.

Guess that's possible but unlikely. I was brought to America when I was around 9 or 10 and couldn't speak a word of English. My accent was gone within 4 years. My mother, otoh, never lost hers. Children's brains can adapt to changes like that pretty quickly, adults not so much.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Guess that's possible but unlikely. I was brought to America when I was around 9 or 10 and couldn't speak a word of English. My accent was gone within 4 years. My mother, otoh, never lost hers. Children's brains can adapt to changes like that pretty quickly, adults not so much.

Uh oh, that means I have a childlike brain because I can pick up an accent in two weeks. It's odd. I went to North Dakota for two weeks and came home talking like them. Went to Tennessee for two weeks came back talking like them. I even recall being in a hospital room with a roommate who stuttered. In a week I was stuttering too. None of it was consciously being done. In fact I usually didn't notice until I was told by someone.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Uh oh, that means I have a childlike brain because I can pick up an accent in two weeks. It's odd. I went to North Dakota for two weeks and came home talking like them. Went to Tennessee for two weeks came back talking like them. I even recall being in a hospital room with a roommate who stuttered. In a week I was stuttering too. None of it was consciously being done. In fact I usually didn't notice until I was told by someone.

That is unusual. I've lived in western Maryland, real close to West Virginia, for over 20 years and still don't talk like them. I guess I have an old brain. :)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That is unusual. I've lived in western Maryland, real close to West Virginia, for over 20 years and still don't talk like them. I guess I have an old brain. :)

I have no clue why I am like that. I must be weak minded. The stuttering really threw me for a curve. I am easily influenced by who is around me. If they are successful and driven and speak more intelligently then I start to be more like that. If they are coasting and lack direction and swear a lot I start to get like them.

I even noticed just from watching Game of thrones I am starting to use bigger words and speaking more properly. I started writing that way again too.

I guess that having Bacterial meningitis a dozen+ times can really mess with the brain.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The stuttering really threw me for a curve.

I've been a stutterer since a child. The brain can do amazing things with a handicap like that. For example; I never stutter when I sing. When speaking, the brain instantly substitutes a word for one I may have trouble with. Over the years I've developed a huge vocabulary in order to have that happen. Most people are never even aware that I stutter but probably wonder why I use odd words at times. All the best to you.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
You guys talking about the height thing, i see that alot too. First thing i do is look at their height and see if it makes sense.
When the girl is like 5'2" i just scratch my head.
I can understand why a girl who is 5'7" or taller might want a guy 6' or taller though. The heels thing makes sense. Some women are actually self conscious more about themselves being taller. I've spoken with a few that say they'd rather be average height so they don't feel like an Amazon woman in high heels regardless of the guy they're with.

Height has never been an issue for me thankfully, strangely.

Hey Mojo! You're a good guy...You get around the 6 foot rule with brains, heart and bravery! You got the Scarecrow , Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion clauses working for you. You got mojo Mojo! But for the rest of us?

We men are nothing but rides...Like cars and trucks, some of us are sporty, monsters, antiques, foreign, American, clunkers, Vettes, Porches, and Fords. The six foot rule is chiseled in stone, so women can impress other women. Women are in constant completion with other women!

Dating = equals test rides. Occasionally you can get around the 6 foot rule if you handle particularly well.:rolleyes: Women dread being seen by their Sisters driving economy models, boxy mid size, or clunker men. Admit it men...Women drive us! And there's a difference between old and antique men. Antiques are worth a lot!

For the modern women...It's all about being seen and envied. Men are accessories and jewelry on women's wrists. If we could see with women's eyes, but the bitches blind us:cool: with breast implants...It's not fair! :cry:

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
For the modern women...It's all about being seen and envied. Men are accessories and jewelry on women's wrists. If we could see with women's eyes, but the bitches blind us:cool: with breast implants...It's not fair! :cry:

I hear guys say they don't like the implants cuz they're fake. The way I see it, if you can see and feel them, they're for real. (y)

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Hey Mojo! You're a good guy...You get around the 6 foot rule with brains, heart and bravery! You got the scarecrow , tin man, and cowardly lion clauses working for you. You got mojo Mojo! But for the rest of us?

We men are nothing but rides...Like cars and trucks, some of us are sporty, monsters, antiques, foreign, American, clunkers, Vettes, Porches, and Fords. For many women the six foot rule is chiseled in stone, so women can impress other women. Women are in constant completion with other women!

Dating = equals test rides. Occasionally you can get around the 6 foot rule if you handle particularly well.:rolleyes: Women dread being seen by their Sisters driving economy models, boxy mid size, or clunker men. Admit it men...Women drive us! And there's a difference between old and antique men. Antiques are worth a lot!

Very true. Women want to make other women jealous. They want a tall, handsome man to make them jealous. The don't want to be out with their friends with a guy who is shorter than them in heels. They always want to do things so they can tell their friends all the fun they had. Then you look at weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, reveal parties, etc. All things to make their friends jealous. I know not all women are like this, but in my experiences over the last five years, it is becoming worse and worse. But hey, men are the shallow ones right? o_O

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Very true. Women want to make other women jealous. They want a tall, handsome man to make them jealous. The don't want to be out with their friends with a guy who is shorter than them in heels. They always want to do things so they can tell their friends all the fun they had. Then you look at weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, reveal parties, etc. All things to make their friends jealous. I know not all women are like this, but in my experiences over the last five years, it is becoming worse and worse. But hey, men are the shallow ones right? o_O

Well I have a different opinion, based on many years of "field research". Height is a thing for some women, but not really all that many. Physically/visually I can tell you some things that women really like and this is based on FWB's telling me, just close friends who are female telling me and women I have been serious with telling me. So this comes from a wide range of women of different races, cultures socio-economic backgrounds and so on. In other words this cuts across the entire landscape.

Get in shape. You don't like a sloppy/flabby/doughy bitch and guess what chicks DONT DIG THAT IN GUYS EITHER. The body matters WAY more than the height for 90% of women.

Clean up a bit. Do some manscaping. Trim your fuckin' nose and ear hairs too!!! Maybe drag a file across your fingernails. Women notice these things immediately and by the way many women look at your hands right away and not to see how big they are. They look to see if your neatly manicured. That doesn't mean glossy nail polish, but scraggly isn't sexy guys.

Don't wear douchbag clothes. If I have to explain this just go get one of your female friends, hand her your wallet and say "take me to the store and redo my wardrobe". Odds are she will say "OMG it's about time!!!"

Learn how to eat a pussy. If you master that you will never be alone unless you want to be. And you can skip the other steps LOL. :sneaky:

I have some online dating stories I will relate later. I'm not going to slam online dating because for the most part it's designed for hook-ups and I've used it for that very successfully but MAN OH MAN some people are just off their rocker.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've been a stutterer since a child. The brain can do amazing things with a handicap like that. For example; I never stutter when I sing. When speaking, the brain instantly substitutes a word for one I may have trouble with. Over the years I've developed a huge vocabulary in order to have that happen. Most people are never even aware that I stutter but probably wonder why I use odd words at times. All the best to you.

I wonder about a lot of things with you hehehe.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I was married the first time for 25 years, got divorced and lived with another woman for 7 years before she decided to move on. I jumped back into dating on-line with a couple of dating sites. I normally met the woman for lunch first and about half were crazy, still in love with their ex or fugly. Most of the other half were looking for Mr Perfect with ton's of cash. I met a couple of nice women, but neither of them really did it for me. I was about to give up and decided to just lay it out there. I changed my profile to include a lot of things that I would be a deal breaker. Money hungry (I had a good job), fatties, had to enjoy sex at least twice a week, clean and last but not least being able to carry on a conversation. My current wife countered with a profile almost as detailed. She was looking for a tall man, that would be loyal, knew when to stop drinking, no drugs and was good at sex. I wrote back, "what's tall? . She said anything under 5'7" because she was 5'9" and like to dress up and wear heels. I told her, I had her covered since I'm 5'9". We emailed each other for a couple of weeks and got through more of the dating BS. We got married after dating 4 months and have been very happy for our 15 years. She had been married twice before...the first guy ran around on her, she divorced him after 7 years. The second guy didn't know when to quit drinking and he lasted 8 years.

Athos

Legend
I hear guys say they don't like the implants cuz they're fake. The way I see it, if you can see and feel them, they're for real. (y)

Speaking on the breast size thang and implants....ya know, I've always found in my experience that the ladies with smaller sets, are way easier to drive crazy with some nipple action. The stacked ladies? Not as easy.

Clean up a bit. Do some manscaping.

If every man alive doesn't know this......they got issues. You don't wanna go down and pick through the forest to get to the gem and neither do they.

Get in shape. You don't like a sloppy/flabby/doughy bitch and guess what chicks DONT DIG THAT IN GUYS EITHER. The body matters WAY more than the height for 90% of women.

Pretty much. All about them fucking washboard abs. Ain't no one got time for that shit though. :ROFLMAO:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Well I have a different opinion, based on many years of "field research". Height is a thing for some women, but not really all that many. Physically/visually I can tell you some things that women really like and this is based on FWB's telling me, just close friends who are female telling me and women I have been serious with telling me. So this comes from a wide range of women of different races, cultures socio-economic backgrounds and so on. In other words this cuts across the entire landscape.

Clean up a bit. Do some manscaping. Trim your freakin' nose and ear hairs too!!! Maybe drag a file across your fingernails. Women notice these things immediately and by the way many women look at your hands right away and not to see how big they are. They look to see if your neatly manicured. That doesn't mean glossy nail polish, but scraggly isn't sexy guys.

Don't wear douchbag clothes. If I have to explain this just go get one of your female friends, hand her your wallet and say "take me to the store and redo my wardrobe". Odds are she will say "OMG it's about time!!!"

Learn how to eat a pussy. If you master that you will never be alone unless you want to be. And you can skip the other steps LOL. :sneaky:

I have some online dating stories I will relate later. I'm not going to slam online dating because for the most part it's designed for hook-ups and I've used it for that very successfully but MAN OH MAN some people are just off their rocker.

I do all of those things. But any guy under 5'8 is going to have issues getting past the height thing to where they can even meet the woman first. My only point is that women are just as shallow as men are portrayed to be and more and more of them are getting to be worse and even very entitled. I've never had any issues meeting women despite not being 6' tall. You're right that dating online is more about hookups. Have had plenty of women willing to have sex with me. But few that wanted to actually date. Another thing, women want sex just as much as men. I've had sex with more women than I care to admit. And it's not because that's all I'm looking for. I have been giving a great deal of thought of just quitting the dating scene. I was talking to one of my single friends the other day and we both were talking about how much time we've spent over the years chasing women. And what did we have to show? Nothing but some stories really. That time spent we could have learned a new language, learned how to play an instrument, so many things lol.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Often while I shower in the morning.........I soap up........lather all over me..........my hands......OK wait.......what?

Oh crap this isn't a PM!!!!!!

You mean the rumor about you not showering isn't true? :notsure:

Ozoneranger

Rookie
I started perusing online dating sites about four months after my wife passed. I was lonely and sick of coming home to an empty house everyday after a long and happy marriage. At first, I was freaked out. Post a pic of yourself and they're on you so fast. Boom! Boom! Boom! The other thing- reading profiles and the (dated) pictures. 75% "like to travel the world." Most want to go to Italy, where my wife died. Where do they get the funding for their country club lives jetting all over the world? I think most of them were bat-shit crazy. Intimidating, to say the least.

Another thing- while I don't compare any lady to my wife (impossible and very unfair), I saw nothing but red flags on the divorced and never married types. So I settled on a widower's site and am now "talking" with two widows and have dated a third. Wonderful woman, too. All three are out of area, so I do have my space while I get my head together this first "year of firsts." Widows get that- a shared experience.

But it is an ego boost. Being shoved involuntarily into the single life at middle age and finding women actually like and are interested in you, well that just makes one feel human again.

We'll see how this goes.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I started perusing online dating sites about four months after my wife passed. I was lonely and sick of coming home to an empty house everyday after a long and happy marriage. At first, I was freaked out. Post a pic of yourself and they're on you so fast. Boom! Boom! Boom! The other thing- reading profiles and the (dated) pictures. 75% "like to travel the world." Most want to go to Italy, where my wife died. Where do they get the funding for their country club lives jetting all over the world? I think most of them were bat-crap crazy. Intimidating, to say the least.

Another thing- while I don't compare any lady to my wife (impossible and very unfair), I saw nothing but red flags on the divorced and never married types. So I settled on a widower's site and am now "talking" with two widows and have dated a third. Wonderful woman, too. All three are out of area, so I do have my space while I get my head together this first "year of firsts." Widows get that- a shared experience.

But it is an ego boost. Being shoved involuntarily into the single life at middle age and finding women actually like and are interested in you, well that just makes one feel human again.

We'll see how this goes.

Nice to see ya around Ozone.......seems like ages!