Online dating and stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Any of you guys ever use online dating?

I've got a beef.
FYI
I do alot of online dating fellas because:
A) I work odd hours and days
B) I'm not 20-30 yrs old anymore
C) I hate clubs and pickup bars
D) My friends are all married and aren't available to go out hunting w/me.
E) I've had pretty good success using it over the last several years :)
But...my number one complaint when it comes to a women's body type self description these days is this...

-------------------------------------
‘Fat’ And ‘Curvy’ Are Not The Same Thing
http://thoughtcatalog.com/kimberly-manderson/2015/01/fat-and-curvy-are-not-the-same/

In the last few years, it has become the so-called “polite” thing to call a fat person “curvy” so as to appear less harsh/make them feel sexier and more desired/appear to be accepting of anything other than a size 0.

And while politeness, skirting the issue, and trying to find a way to accept such a body shape is no bad thing, we need to stop lumping (excuse the pun) these people together with actual curvy girls. This is not a fat-shaming exercise; it’s simply an observation about the way we view body image. Curves imply arcs, parts of the body that wave in and out—not rolls of excess fat and skin, sagging over the bones it’s meant to be covering.

It’s bad enough that we have to contend with the fact that plus-size models are actually still below the average dress size of women in the country, but to lump all those not fitting one boyish, skinny frame as “curvy” is just obscene. You wouldn’t call a rectangle a square because it has the same number of sides, so why should you bundle together different types of women who are completely different just because their clothes are labeled above a certain number?

It may be harsh to say, but there’s no way a healthy naturally curvy girl wants to be thought of in the same bracket as someone who resembles the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, looking like their kneecaps will crumble under their own weight in a few years. Curvy is Jessica Rabbit. Curvy is no more Melissa McCarthy than it is Kate Moss any day of the week. So why is it easy for us to distinguish skinny from athletic, athletic from curvy, but not curvy from a more rounded figure to a clinically obese person?

-------------------------------------

Me again:
I wish this simple message could get blown out across all the women out there. Ya'll know i like a thicker, more curvaceous woman over the skinny or even athletic type...so i'm not hating on plus size women, but woman are flat out lying about their body type out there. Either that or they have no idea what "curvy" means to a man.

From many women i've talked to and met online, they've said that alot of men lie about their height. First of all why would a dude lie about that? If the plan is to actually meet a woman, and you say you're 6' tall and you show up at 5'9"...well, you think she won't notice? Lol.
So by the same token ladies...STOP lying about your figure! If you're slightly overweight or chubby or fat...just say so. There are categories to use for your body type in your dating profile.
Usually it goes something like this:
Thin
Athletic
Average
Curvy
Big and beautiful

A Curvy body type is a woman who has an hourglass figure, isn't skinny nor fat and is proportionate. That's all it means ladies. Simple. Get it right please.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fucking hypocrite. I found your profile pic. A little misleading don't you think?
upload_2015-4-1_16-50-51.jpeg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=curvy&page=2

curvy: Word used to describe chubbier women, the word is used incorrectly to make larger people feel better about their unhealthy bodies. They often use newspaper articles such as 'Curvy is the new skinny' and ' Real girls have curves' So if you are skinny the 'curvy' girls boast about boys preffering curves and 'something to grab hold of'- what?

curvy: A euphemism for fat. Curvy used to describe women who had large breasts, a small waist, and a big, shapely butt.

curvy: A woman with a shapely figure, generally well-defined waist, and fairly large butt and boobs compared to the rest of her body. Unlike what some people try to say, curvy is not synonymous with fat. A curvy woman has some meat on her bones, but is still physically fit and doesn't have a muffin top spilling out of her pants.

200.gif

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm pretty sure online dating is socially acceptable so you don't need to defend yourself. I don't do it because I'm afraid of meeting a self proclaimed curvy woman.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm pretty sure online dating is socially acceptable so you don't need to defend yourself. I don't do it because I'm afraid of meeting a self proclaimed curvy woman.
I'm not defending myself. I get tail and have met some good women. Had a few relationships and made a few friends along the way.

Don't get me wrong, I've met some headcases too.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think it would be too complicated and scary to be single again. Thinking I might not want to push the wife too far these days.:eek:

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I filled out one of those questionnaires on a dating site a few years ago. After reading my answers I realized I lied my butt off so I didn't send it...:D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Met one who looked great, some makeup but not too much, well dressed(red dress in pics), attractive...met for dinner on first date(my treat, always pay on the first date). Said she was running late due to working late. Needed more time to get ready. I said no worries. Take a couple of hrs if you need it. So we meet for dinner later at the Olive garden and she was attractive, but she was dressed like she'd just come from cleaning someone's house. No makeup at all, hair a mess, wearing capri pants and flip flops, some kind of shirt you'd wear to clean out the garage.

Now, i'm not a guy who says that's a deal breaker. She was nice and we had dinner. Next date we go the batting cages. Good time. Less than a week later she texts me asking to borrow some money. GTFOutta here....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - no stigma at all. I only hope my wife doesn't find my account - though it'll be pretty obvious if she sees it.... 6'3" very muscular build, very wealthy, attractive, hung like a Clydesdale, good listener if your trivial bullshit is at all interesting.... pretty hard to mistake me for someone else.

Athos

Legend
freaking hypocrite. I found your profile pic. A little misleading don't you think?
View attachment 5838

Mojo is really FAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIOOOOOOOOO?

:ROFLMAO:

Still doesn't explain why he likes dem big booties better than a black guy, which he evidently isn't. Fooled me as much as it fooled @LesBaker

Don't get me wrong, I've met some headcases too.

Par for the course in the dating world. I sampled a massive headcase in college the good old fashioned way. And unfortunately, that old fashioned way meant I knew her from work. :eek: You get the clingy types? Well....this type was more like, ingrain herself in all manner of aspects of my life for a time. As in, hanging the fuck out with MY friends all the time. Had to kick that woman to the curb.

WTF are you doing looking at craigslist for Mojo?

That's where you find serial rapists and end up with a gal who winds up having a snake in her pants.:ROFLMAO:

It’s bad enough that we have to contend with the fact that plus-size models are actually still below the average dress size of women in the country

Welcome to America. Home of the Fatty Mc Fats-Alots.

I wish this simple message could get blown out across all the women out there. Ya'll know i like a thicker, more curvaceous woman over the skinny or even athletic type...so i'm not hating on plus size women, but woman are flat out lying about their body type out there. Either that or they have no idea what "curvy" means to a man.

I'm sick to death of this too. I'm also sick to death of the "you're OKAY as you are and you're beautiful" and all the lying BS.

You're not beautiful. You're fucking unhealthy is what I wanna hell. Same to the girls where you can actually see their fucking ribs. It aint' right. But speaking on "curvy", curvy is not having rolls of fat on you. BMI is a good measure, but there really is only so much weight the human skeletal can physically support over your time. Even big time muscular guys, your body is going to be killing you later in life.

86b0114e3fe16acdd0c6c72d506c053a.jpg

That's curvy.

--------

On to online dating. I always thought it weird, mostly because of the super creepy commercials those websites run. Though hell, if everything goes right, I want be entering my currently desired job field until I'm around 32-33 provided no hick-ups. Unless I meet someone during my grad program, I won't have time for the bar scene. Not that I like it anyway, even when I was doing undergrad. That leaves everyday luck or online.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
This not an on line dating story but there is a blind date involved. In 1984 Some friends and I went to the Rose Bowl game. UCLA Bruins defeated the Illinois Fighting Illini by a score of 45-9. We of course were wearing Bruin colors and sitting on the Illini side of the field.
There were 4 or 5 really hot illini coeds sitting right behind us. We pretty much kept quiet during the game. UCLA was winning big and we knew that these folks around us came a long way to see their favored team have an easy win over the Bruins. By the way I think it was Troy Aikman at the helm for UCLA.
Anyway at one point I said to one of my friends well that's the game it's all over...before I knew what happened I felt an Ice Cold Beer pour down my back. I turned around to find that one of the hot chicks had poured a large beer on me. Well she said it was an accident but she wasn't very convincing.
The very next weekend I had a blind date lined up. I hated blind dates but it was a double date with my friend and some chick he was hot after. I called the blind date and we agreed that I would pick her up at her house. I drive up the driveway and walk up and ring the bell.
I almost fell over when I saw my date...it was the chick that spilled errrrrr poured the beer down my back. Well... we went on the date (too late to back out) and just last week we celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary.
And it wasn't an accident she meant to dump that beer on me.
But I Love her anyway...true story.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This not an on line dating story but there is a blind date involved. In 1984 Some friends and I went to the Rose Bowl game. UCLA Bruins defeated the Illinois Fighting Illini by a score of 45-9. We of course were wearing Bruin colors and sitting on the Illini side of the field.
There were 4 or 5 really hot illini coeds sitting right behind us. We pretty much kept quiet during the game. UCLA was winning big and we knew that these folks around us came a long way to see their favored team have an easy win over the Bruins. By the way I think it was Troy Aikman at the helm for UCLA.
Anyway at one point I said to one of my friends well that's the game it's all over...before I knew what happened I felt an Ice Cold Beer pour down my back. I turned around to find that one of the hot chicks had poured a large beer on me. Well she said it was an accident but she wasn't very convincing.
The very next weekend I had a blind date lined up. I hated blind dates but it was a double date with my friend and some chick he was hot after. I called the blind date and we agreed that I would pick her up at her house. I drive up the driveway and walk up and ring the bell.
I almost fell over when I saw my date...it was the chick that spilled errrrrr poured the beer down my back. Well... we went on the date (too late to back out) and just last week we celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary.
And it wasn't an accident she meant to dump that beer on me.
But I Love her anyway...true story.
Awesome story. Crazy fate stepped in and delivered you a fine woman. :cheers:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't do online dating. Mrs. snackdaddy would cut my balls off and feed them to the dog. And trying to talk her into joining in ain't happening either. She said she learned something in French class. Apparently, menage a trois means no damn way in hell. :eek:

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I use free online dating apps like tinder, pof and okcupid to supplement my chances of meeting women I would normally never come across in real life. I have no problems approaching a woman in real life. I have met a lot of women online. Gone on many dates. I think a lot of women put their body type as curvy because they don't want to select the overwright option. It is better for them when a guy sees their profile and it says curvy. But any guy that has met enough women knows that almost all of them will look worse in real life compared to their pics. I do get frustrated with online dating sometimes though because a lot of women are getting very superficial. Especially with height. I would post some pics on here but I don't know how to from my iPhone

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
My brother met a woman online dating, got married and 2 years later is filing for divorce.

My son met a woman in a U2 forum, married her and they're still married over 4 years later.

I did it the old fashioned way. I met my wife at an AA meeting and we'll be married 30 years in June. :)

During my youth someone told me "Don't ever get involved with someone crazier than you are." He was wrong. :sneaky:

As to the OP - people lie because they're insecure. In the old days people lied just as much and went to bars but that's what beer was for. At the end of the night you didn't care that they lied.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As to the OP - people lie because they're insecure. In the old days people lied just as much and went to bars but that's what beer was for. At the end of the night you didn't care that they lied.
Eh...there's a big difference between going to a bar or club and advertising yourself and advertising yourself online. The physicality aspect can't be hidden in person obviously. This is my whole point.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The physicality aspect can't be hidden in person obviously. This is my whole point.

You must have missed the part about the beer. During my single days I met a few women at a bar or a restaurant for the first time after being set up and after a phone call. Yeah, I never asked them what they looked like because you just didn't do that in those days but the friends who set me up usually always lied. "She has a nice personality," "Beggars can't be choosers," etc. Dating like that was always a crapshoot. They call it a blind date because sometimes you wished you were blind.

One time a co-worker set me up with his cousin. "She's really hot PT. If she wasn't my cousin I'd go out with her myself." I took her to see a band called 'Joy of Cooking.' My co-worker was offended when I referred to her as "Wolfwoman" after that. "Hey man, that's my cousin you're talking about."

Had a close friend back in the 70's. He moved and wouldn't tell me his address but would call me periodically. This was the pre-internet days when tracking someone was practically impossible. He would tell me about his girlfriend and how great looking she was. One of his family members gave me his address so I went over there. He wasn't home but she was. A female version of Porky Pig is the closest I can describe her. Liar!

People shouldn't lie or misrepresent themselves before a date but that's the human condition with many unfortunately. If I was in your position @Mojo Ram I'd be ticked off as well. The good thing is that it's an indicator of their lack of character and all the reason you need not to get involved with them.

On another note: I prefer curvy but married thin, so what do I know?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I've been with the same women since we were 17 years old , she was skinny as a rail when we first started dating , but she's got some nice curves to her now

So my dating experience has been pretty limited................lol

img60_zpsymsfcjha.jpg

Last edited: