Online dating and stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was going to post a response to that, but that was just utterly perfect. And that really would be the rub for rich guys.

Why buy when you can rent OVER AND OVER AND OVER again an "item" shall we say, with very limited wear and tear before trading in for the newer model every couple years?

I mean, that ain't shallow right? :D

Why would a person want to do that?

Athos

Legend
Why would a person want to do that?

Same reason car dealers trade up for the newer model every year I'd imagine. I can't speak for the predilections and tastes of the rich, but I imagine it happens quite a damn bit. I mean, that's basically mistress status isn't it?

Seriously though, I was just playing on the shallow line from the posts above about NY girl's 500K requirement.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same reason car dealers trade up for the newer model every year I'd imagine. I can't speak for the predilections and tastes of the rich, but I imagine it happens quite a damn bit. I mean, that's basically mistress status isn't it?

Seriously though, I was just playing on the shallow line from the posts above about NY girl's 500K requirement.

Yea but a car is a car. I guess I'll just never understand being that callous and shallow. If I want a relationship, I want a relationship. If I don't, I don't. But I'll be straight up with a person about it. If I do want a relationship, I care more about the personality than their looks.(although looks do certainly matter) Because I actually want to see myself spending my life with that person.

Athos

Legend
Yea but a car is a car. I guess I'll just never understand being that callous and shallow. If I want a relationship, I want a relationship. If I don't, I don't. But I'll be straight up with a person about it. If I do want a relationship, I care more about the personality than their looks.(although looks do certainly matter) Because I actually want to see myself spending my life with that person.

Oh, I definitely agree. What I described was basically in the inverse of the golddigging female that drops you after bleeding you dry. In the male sense, they use the girl up, then dump her for a new one. It's a fucked up cycle that exists for both genders.

I have no interest in it myself. I've done the casual thing in college. Isn't what it's cracked up to be. No spark.

fearsomefour

Legend
Oh, I definitely agree. What I described was basically in the inverse of the golddigging female that drops you after bleeding you dry. In the male sense, they use the girl up, then dump her for a new one. It's a fucked up cycle that exists for both genders.

I have no interest in it myself. I've done the casual thing in college. Isn't what it's cracked up to be. No spark.
To quote Chris Rock, "You can be married and bored or single and lonely."

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
WOMAN SEEKING MAN: “What Am I Doing Wrong?”
Okay, I’m tired of beating around the bush. I’m a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I’m articulate and classy.

I’m not from New York. I’m looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don’t think I’m overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 – 250k. But, that’s where I seem to hit a roadblock. $250,000 won’t get me to Central Park West. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she’s not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

• Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms
  • What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won?t hurt my feelings
  • Is there an age range I should be targeting (I’m 25)?
  • Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I’ve seen really plain jane? boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I’ve seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What?s the story there?
  • Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows – lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?
  • How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY
Please hold your insults – I’m putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I’m being up front about it. I wouldn’t be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn’t able to match them – in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

Reminds me of a guy who wrote something similar and was hounded on it for years on the internet.

http://gawker.com/309684/nightmare-...zgerald-page-is-the-worst-person-in-the-world
18s0o8sotzzjpjpg.jpg

I live in a 31 story high rise condominium, right in the middle of the Buckhead nightlife district. Do you ever come to this area of town to shop/go out/visit/explore?

I went to an Ivy League school - the University of Pennsylvania - for my undergraduate degree in economics and my graduate degree in management (Wharton School of Business). Where did you go to school?

What activities do you currently participate in to stay in shape? I work out 4 times a week at LA Fitness. Do you exercise regularly? I am 6 feet tall, 185 pounds - what about yourself? I am truly sorry if that sounds rude, impolite or even downright crass, but I have been deceived before by inaccurate representations so I prefer someone be upfront and honest on initial contact...

I do mergers & acquisitions (corporate finance) for Limited Brands (Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, etc). Enjoy any of our stores/divisions?

Do you have any other recent pictures you care to share? I have many others if you care to see them.

Regards,

John

"So," the lady writes, "I in turn send him a polite "No Thanks" thru the Match system which sends him the following email: 'Thanks for writing to me, but unfortunately, we're just not a good match. Good luck in your search! Our Portraits didn't match on: A. Personality'" A spurned and brokenhearted John wrote back, less robotically but no less douchily.

I think you forgot how this works. You hit on me, and therefore have to impress ME and pass MY criteria and standards - not vice versa. 6 pictures of just your head and your inability to answer a simple question lets me know one thing. You are not in shape. I am a trainer on the side, in fact, I am heading to the gym in 26 minutes!

So next time you meet a guy of my caliber, instead of trying to turn it around, just get to the gym! I will even give you one free training session, so you don't blow it with the next 8.9 on Hot or Not, Ivy League grad, Mensa member, can bench/squat/leg press over 1200 lbs., has had lunch with the secretary of defense, has an MBA from the top school in the country, lives in a Buckhead high rise, drives a Beemer convertible, has been in 14 major motion pictures, was in Jezebel's Best dressed, etc. Oh, that is right, there aren't any more of those!

Regards,

John

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just seeing this post. I was going to start a thread on this same thing, but I was slightly embarrassed. I'm 22 but my job barely allows me to go out at all. I sit in a truck all day and work tons of hours and I'm usually busy taking care of adult things on the weekend. The whole girls wanting a taller guy is true to some degree. My last girlfriend was 6'0. I'm only 5'8, on a good day. But I agree with the online thing. I've messaged probably 15 girls and haven't had a single reply. I honestly think my standards are too high. Anyway, I gotta story for ya'll. I use Match.com and this one chick messaged me. Her name was Madison(up until this point, I haven't met a single ugly girl named Madison). So we get to talking, she's real nice and friendly. Cute girl. We started texting and I was at delta sonic getting my oil changed when she asked if we could Facetime. This is still the very first day we ever met. I told her sure why not, even though it's slightly awkward for me to FaceTime someone. I get home, I call her. Her face comes up and she starts talking. First of all, have you ever heard a deaf person talk? They sound...different. Well, that's what she sounded like, except she wasn't deaf. This sweet, nice looking 21 year old girl had a speech impediment. And boy, was that not the most excruciatingly, painful, ears on fire conversation I have ever had. After about 3 minutes I made up an excuse that I was going over my buddies house. I texted her afterward and very carefully worded a very acceptable question. "Just out of curiosity, and I don't mean to be rude, but do you have a hearing deficiency?" I didn't want to start off with "Do you have a speech impediment?", just by the off chance that it would offend her. "No, but I do have a slight speech problem, why is it noticeable?" Okay, Let me get this straight, you've went your entire life talking like Hellen Keller, and not one time people have asked why? WHY WOULDNT YOU MENTION SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN YOUR PROFILE??? I know it sounds dickish, but cmon man. It's exactly like the height thing. Even if you don't put it in there every single guy you talk too will notice. Anyway, to this day I haven't answered her back. I wouldn't even know where to begin with a response. But yeah, that's my first online dating experience.

It could have been a trick to test you with. Girls that are tired of guys liking them for their looks will do such things. It could be why she wanted to face time you.

If there was no real physical reason for a speech impediment they can usually be overcome at an early age with therapy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nice. I couldn't attract an Asian woman if i was the last man on Earth. Lol.
I haven't dated outside of AZ so when i talk about Latina women and my experiences i'm talking strictly Mexican women...and Mexican men are notoriously jealous, possessive and controlling according to the women I've talked with.

The largest hurdle i've come across with Latina/Mexican relationships is family. I'm close to my family(pretty average i would think), but it's a BIG THING with the Mexican culture. I'm not very comfortable spending alot of time with someone else's family...unless we're talking about her children, which i'm cool with.

Yes, that Mexican family thing can ruin a relationship fast.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It could have been a trick to test you with. Girls that are tired of guys liking them for their looks will do such things. It could be why she wanted to face time you.

If there was no real physical reason for a speech impediment they can usually be overcome at an early age with therapy.
Yeah I think it was real though. She talked about how she had narcolepsy and would sleep literally 7 hours a day. If a girl is gunna pull that shit then she's nkt worth it. That's just crazy.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah I think it was real though. She talked about how she had narcolepsy and would sleep literally 7 hours a day. If a girl is gunna pull that crap then she's nkt worth it. That's just crazy.

Meh, I would have least responded instead of just never responding. If she really did, I'm sure she has self confidence issues. I don't know how bad it was though, depending on that would probably determine if I pressed on or looked for an exit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Met my girlfriend on World of Warcraft (no joke). She was from Portland, and I was from St. Louis. We now live together in Chicago and have been together for almost 4 years.

Also, you can't debate body types. It's like telling people to show you the perfect ass. Everyone has different tastes and there's no clear cut definition.

But to give you my take on Curvy. It would be a woman who has a flat stomach with a big ass and big boobs. She doesn't need to be bone thin, and might even appear chubby in clothes by the way her proportions are. But I assure you she is not chubby when she takes it all off.

Oregon or Maine? Just curious.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...ng-internet-suitor-with-baseball-bat.html.csp

Oregon woman accused of assaulting Internet suitor with baseball bat
By Steven DuBois
The Associated Press

PORTLAND — Police say an Alabama man who traveled to Oregon to live with a woman he met online not only struck out — he got struck in the skull.

Sgt. Chris Baldridge of the Marion County Sheriff’s Office said today that 26-year-old Samuel Campbell of Adger, Ala., met 24-year-old Haley Fox of Turner in 2013 and the two began an online relationship.

Last week, Campbell traveled to Oregon to meet Fox in person for the first time and live with her. Baldridge said Fox led Campbell to a table outside her home and told him to close his eyes. She then hit him with a baseball bat, fracturing his skull.

According to Baldridge, Fox told investigators she injured Campbell because she did not want to be his girlfriend.

Fox posted bail after being charged with assault. Campbell has been released from the hospital.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...ng-internet-suitor-with-baseball-bat.html.csp

Oregon woman accused of assaulting Internet suitor with baseball bat
By Steven DuBois
The Associated Press

PORTLAND — Police say an Alabama man who traveled to Oregon to live with a woman he met online not only struck out — he got struck in the skull.

Sgt. Chris Baldridge of the Marion County Sheriff’s Office said today that 26-year-old Samuel Campbell of Adger, Ala., met 24-year-old Haley Fox of Turner in 2013 and the two began an online relationship.

Last week, Campbell traveled to Oregon to meet Fox in person for the first time and live with her. Baldridge said Fox led Campbell to a table outside her home and told him to close his eyes. She then hit him with a baseball bat, fracturing his skull.

According to Baldridge, Fox told investigators she injured Campbell because she did not want to be his girlfriend.

Fox posted bail after being charged with assault. Campbell has been released from the hospital.
Now you KNOW there's more to this story then this. Just sayin.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah I think it was real though. She talked about how she had narcolepsy and would sleep literally 7 hours a day. If a girl is gunna pull that crap then she's nkt worth it. That's just crazy.

Well my wife brought her 1.5 year old son on our first date. She later told me she was testing me to see how I handled having a 1.5 year old kid crawling all over and getting into everything while we sat and ate. I passed with flying colors because I love kids, but she wanted to make sure that I was not just saying that to impress her. I totally understood where she was coming from.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Meh, I would have least responded instead of just never responding. If she really did, I'm sure she has self confidence issues. I don't know how bad it was though, depending on that would probably determine if I pressed on or looked for an exit.

Having obvious physical flaws myself I still would have responded and gave it more of a go I believe.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I had a Korean girlfriend for a few months. It was very strange because she was adopted by an American couple when she was 1 year old. But she had an accent that sounded very much like a Korean person. She did come here with her 4 year old sister so maybe that is why but I still would have thought she would have lost it by then. I really didn't like it after a while.